The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Alf, if you look at Juolevi's team site, they have him listed as 6'2 @ 182 lbs.  I don't know if he ever got up to 200lbs, but he sure isn't now.  Lots of 19yr old prospects are in that range, but fill out over 2-3 years.

I do believe that JB was going to pick Heiskanen if the Canucks had won the lotto last draft.  He was very interested in 'one of the dmen' and I don't think it was Maker.

Dallas believe they have a "franchise player" in him as he has all the important skills of the modern dman.  The large crash and band dmen are on the way out and are being replaces with speedy, highly skilled and smart players.

Dallas' view of Heiskanen  https://www.defendingbigd.com/2017/7/11/15941606/is-miro-heiskanen-close-to-being-nhl-ready

Joulevi's game is looking very good so far and it looks like he will be as projected; a 2dman.  He plays in a better league than Heiskanen, but is also a year older.  Imo, Heiskanen will be a #1d on a contending team.

If Heiskanen becomes a Canuck, he's got a shot.  On another team he's a LOSER, just like all other teams' players are.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Guy plays Defense, not forward.  And Juiolevi is a 200 pounder.  I'd be totally shocked if Hiskanen becomes anything over here.  (unless he becomes a Canuck, of course.)

I think this is probably the green light to put you on ignore. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Considering the fact that he upvoted me putting him on ignore I think it's better for both of us. 

My apologies.  I hate the other teams, and especially their prospects.  I want us to be the best, just ONCE!  And I do have Trumplike hair:(

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

You have to forgive Alf as he has had a traumatic day.

Image result for alf gifs

Too funny!  Love it!  

Edited by Alflives

11 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

So if Heiskanen is an elite prospect and OJ is putting up a similar performance while being a year older, what kind of prospect is OJ. Fair to say he is looking more like a top pairing defender as he gets his feet wet in his first pro season. 

OJ is in his D +1 year. He's 14 months older. 

Heiskanen is the 1D on his team playing almost 24 mins a game. 

But I like O.J. after the first few games. He's coming on pretty good after a few games to get used to the league. 

Here's a question for the hockey minds of CDC. Who was the last player to play in both the World Juniors and the Olympics in the same year?

And what are the chances both Juolevi and Pettersson accomplish that?

You could even throw in World championships into the mix if they accomplish the first two. :o

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Here's a question for the hockey minds of CDC. Who was the last player to play in both the World Juniors and the Olympics in the same year?

You could even throw in World championships into the mix if they accomplish the first two. :o

I believe Sbisa did it, could very well be mistaken, as I’m going in sheer memory. I believe he played Junior hockey, got a emergency call up to the Flyers and played against the Worlds best that year (2010) in the Olympics.

Not sure of his world junior status as the Swiss team might have not qualified that year. That would be my best guess..

6 minutes ago, Rink on Renfrew said:

I believe Sbisa did it, could very well be mistaken, as I’m going in sheer memory. I believe he played Junior hockey, got a emergency call up to the Flyers and played against the Worlds best that year (2010) in the Olympics.

Not sure of his world junior status as the Swiss team might have not qualified that year. That would be my best guess..

Yep, good memory. He played 3 games in the World Juniors and 5 games in the Olympics that year.

Seems a little less impressive now, although Switzerland isn't exactly booming with NHL talent. To do it for Sweden or Finland would be a little more impressive.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep, good memory. He played 3 games in the World Juniors and 5 games in the Olympics that year.

Seems a little less impressive now, although Switzerland isn't exactly booming with NHL talent. To do it for Sweden or Finland would be a little more impressive.

First off, how about that Petterson!

I believe he will be a very special player for the Canucks as soon as next season. He’s far exceeding my expectations and he’s looking like he’ll quite possibly get a chance to showcase his skill in the Olympics & World Championships this up coming year.

back to the topic at hand haha

I was a Giants season ticket holder in 2010 and was lucky enough to attend Canada versus Switzerland in the 2010 Olympics.

I remember thinking how crazy it was that this young defensmen, whom I’d be following (armchair scouting) was one week playing against WHL players in Langley (against the Giants as they played a handful of games out of the Pacific Coliseum due to The Olympics) then a couple weeks later, was up against quite possible the best team ever assembled. I mean, even sheltered as a bottom pairing young defensman, he was going up against a third & fourth line of the best players playing the game at that time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Would love to see Pettersson just dominate like Peter Forsberg and win gold for Sweden at the WJC and the Olympics. Up that resume before he comes to Vancouver.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

Brock is my favourite Canuck already and I'm excited too, but it's important to keep context. Brock is almost 21, not 18 like most of the other guys.

So far he has better PPG start than the midget Gaudreau in Calgary! And Gaudreau was 21 when he started. Just for that alone I am stoked!

• Upvote 1