The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

16 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Love watching this guy's highlights on youtube, can't get enough. 

We might have back to back Calder winners with Boeser and Pettersson. 

To think we may have 2 elite franchise level forward without winning the draft lottery even once is insane! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

To think we may have 2 elite franchise level forward without winning the draft lottery even once is insane! 

...especially when you consider that 3 years ago we had very few nhl-class prospects in the system *at all*.

I agree though.  I will admit that while I was happy to see the team Benning was building, I was concerned that we didn't have enough high-end talent.  I had pegged Baertschi and Horvat to both be 2nd liners and although the jury is still out on that I believe more likely than not that's exactly what they are - so I had no idea where we expected to get the elite talent from that would be necessary to truly help us be a contender.  But Benning knew.

Boeser was a ridiculous pickup at his draft position and has adapted his game perfectly to the pro level.  Pettersson could still falter but it does look like he has elite-level talent and it appears there is a good chance he will be able to translate that to the NHL despite his questionable bulk.  (Or lack thereof).  

So all we need now is a left winger with elite skills and we'd have a #1 line with a skill level to rival most in the NHL.  Dahlen might be that guy already - we have to see.

I'm super excited to see Pettersson play for us though.  Besides Boeser, we haven't see an injection of young talent like this since... what... the Sedins?  And they took a couple of years at least to get their careers going, whereas Boeser is a hit right out of the gate.  If Pettersson can do the same, we're in for some exciting times.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ohmy said:

That must be based on his off ice antics I assume. Otherwise he's exactly what this team needs. Fast, powerful, tough, 30+ goal scorer, young, vancouver boy, and in his prime. Seems to have matured and worked through his troubles. I would have him on my team. 

That's not remotely true. Kane while talented, will be too pricey and cost us quite a bit of cap space.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

That's not remotely true. Kane while talented, will be too pricey and cost us quite a bit of cap space.

People have been saying this but is there going to be a bidding war on kane? I know he's putting up points but I'd say a solid 3 quarters of the league pass on him just from his past off ice issues, I'm thinking 4 years at 5 million, or 5 years at 4.5 

• Cheers 1

....hmmmm...Jake's thread got meaty...then he got meaty...then it got meatier.....I see what you all are doing here....trying to fatten this thread up with a few hundred more pages....just to see if it fattens up Elias...

Could  just work...but with his skill he only needs 10 more Lbs. to do his thing in the NHL...so let,s not overshoot on this.....a 240 Lb EP would not be pretty....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

....hmmmm...Jake's thread got meaty...then he got meaty...then it got meatier.....I see what you all are doing here....trying to fatten this thread up with a few hundred more pages....just to see if it fattens up Elias...

Could  just work...but with his skill he only needs 10 more Lbs. to do his thing in the NHL...so let,s not overshoot on this.....a 240 Lb EP would not be pretty....

Just fifty more pages and elias will be around 215.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ohmy said:

That must be based on his off ice antics I assume. Otherwise he's exactly what this team needs. Fast, powerful, tough, 30+ goal scorer, young, vancouver boy, and in his prime. Seems to have matured and worked through his troubles. I would have him on my team. 

When did he score +30 goals?  Regardless, I don't see him wanting the headache of playing in Van.  He has a home in Vegas, so I think he goes there or to a contender.

• Cheers 1