The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd like to see Pettersson a little more proactive in trying to push the play. He's playing better than last game imo, but I'd like to see him a little more selfish out there. Almost seems like he'd rather set somebody up then score. Maybe he doesn't trust himself when he's sick.

That being said, all of the little things he's been doing are great. He so damn talented that he makes plays that would traditionally be low percentage plays look like high percentage plays. Not a lot of flaws in him game from what I can see. Actually. Even saw him battling on the boards in his own end. I'd just like to see him a little more proactive.

He reminds me a lot of a Sedin actually :lol:

For sure. I see a lot of Henrik in him. 

Honestly, I feel like today Pettersson's not had the best game. Thought he looked better last game and the previous game before that. Tonight he looks a bit flat footed and doesn't seem a whole lot engaged but saved a sure goal and has a goal an assist.

Had a lot of whiffs and bad bounces but  a lot of sweden's players also haven't had a strong game despite it being 6-2.