The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, Odd. said:

Soft top 9...

one whole line doesnt make up for that soft top 9. 

I see four or five playoff teams rocking an equally soft top 6.  It's the new NHL, we'll see how long it lasts.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Does anyone here doubt Pettersson's ability to win the Calder next year?  He seems to win whatever he puts his mind too.  He would take a playoff appearance over the hardware tho I'm sure.

When he leads the league in reg season points and playoff points next year, how could they not give it to him?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I think Pettersson will play for the Canucks next season. I don't know if Green will give him top 6 prime minutes though. Might start him on limited minutes until he proves he can play in the league. 

Leipsic Horvat Boeser

Baertchi Sutter Eriksson/ Goldobin 

Granlund Motte Virtanen

Dahlin Gaudette Pettersson (rookie line)

Gaunce Archibald  

15 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

When he leads the league in reg season points and playoff points next year, how could they not give it to him?

Could you imagine the excitement in this fan base if he nets 70 points?  Add in Boeser and the twins cleared out. I think we have gained and will continue to gain back and/add new members as many fans realize how talented our kids are.

The one positive with the twins gone is we are going to be much faster, better at back checking and now everyone will be held to the same standard. i feel the twins got a pass at times on back checking last season. Green didn't say it's ok but he didn't really grind them down. The twins picked it up down the stretch though and were playing a full 200 foot game.

Edited by Rush17

16 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think Pettersson will play for the Canucks next season. I don't know if Green will give him top 6 prime minutes though. Might start him on limited minutes until he proves he can play in the league. 

Leipsic Horvat Boeser

Baertchi Sutter Eriksson/ Goldobin 

Granlund Motte Virtanen

Dahlin Gaudette Pettersson (rookie line)

Gaunce Archibald  

I'd guess 3rd minutes, bumped up to second line after Christmas. Bozak would be nice with Dahlen and Pettersson.

Edited by Pepe Silvia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Could you imagine the excitement in this fan base if he nets 70 points?

Impossible.  He cannot be better than the Leafs' Wunderkind.

2 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

I'd guess 3rd minutes, bumped up to second line after Christmas. Bozak Eriksson would be nice with Dahlen and Pettersson.

More like after a few weeks.  Early-season checking is not the same as later on, so he will be given space to operate and will almost certainly put up points.  Like Boeser, he won't stay in the bottom half of the lineup for very long, and we need replacements on PP1 with the Sedins gone, whether him or he takes the spot of someone promoted from PP2.  It will become apparent very quickly that he is the most-skilled player on the team.

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Does anyone here doubt Pettersson's ability to win the Calder next year?  He seems to win whatever he puts his mind too.  He would take a playoff appearance over the hardware tho I'm sure.

Pettersson, Tolvanen and Dahlin are the current frontrunners for the Calder next year. Of course, that's not taking into account those who could surprise out of camp and stick (Vilardi, Heskainen, Nylander, Brown, Mittlestadt, etc.)

37 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Impossible.  He cannot be better than the Leafs' Wunderkind.

More like after a few weeks.  Early-season checking is not the same as later on, so he will be given space to operate and will almost certainly put up points.  Like Boeser, he won't stay in the bottom half of the lineup for very long, and we need replacements on PP1 with the Sedins gone, whether him or he takes the spot of someone promoted from PP2.  It will become apparent very quickly that he is the most-skilled player on the team.

You would have Pettersson playing center after playing wing all year?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Pettersson, Tolvanen and Dahlin are the current frontrunners for the Calder next year. Of course, that's not taking into account those who could surprise out of camp and stick (Vilardi, Heskainen, Nylander, Brown, Mittlestadt, etc.)

You would have Pettersson playing center after playing wing all year?

He played some c this year too fwiw. 

16 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I know, but 4-5 games isn't a big enough sample size to write him in as a center in the NHL next year.

Was more than that for sure, but I agree. He's very versatile thankfully, I'd like to see him at C eventually.