The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Did the Lakers coach just say "Don't get too horny?"

Also, it's cool that they actually have the coaches mic'd during the games.

Yeah, he said that. :lol:

I was just about to post the same. Don't know if it has a different meaning in Sweden or if his team has a high level of, um... drive.

Probably he just meant to tell them not to get over excited or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yeah I was just gonna say I heard that too

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Lol, ya he did. 

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I was just about to post the same. Don't know if it has a different meaning in Sweden or if his team has a high level of, um... drive.

Probably he just meant to tell them not to get over excited or something like that.

Yeah, I figure it's a language or cultural difference but I had to laugh because I have the maturity of a 12 year old.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That's exactly what he meant...

17 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Dam the fans at the game above are louder and more excited for this game then our fans get. Wish they had an area/fans like this at Rogers arena.

you'll notice the arena doesn't have blaring music and ad's like Rogers during breaks. For some reason Canucks brass doesn't want to encourage loud sections, but that might be changing with the Larscheiders pushing to allow a loud cheering section, so hopefully that sticks and we can change the atmosphere.  

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

you'll notice the arena doesn't have blaring music and ad's like Rogers during breaks. For some reason Canucks brass doesn't want to encourage loud sections, but that might be changing with the Larscheiders pushing to allow a loud cheering section, so hopefully that sticks and we can change the atmosphere.  

I really hope so. Would love to see some fan-driven cheers, songs, chants, etc. catch on over here. One of my pet peeves of North American live hockey is the fans staring at the jumbotron so they know when to cheer and clap their hands. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I really hope so. Would love to see some fan-driven cheers, songs, chants, etc. catch on over here. One of my pet peeves of North American live hockey is the fans staring at the jumbotron so they know when to cheer and clap their hands. 

in our row last year one night it was just my wife and I cheering, and some tool on his phone near kept giving us ugly looks :P so yah we desperately need that Larscheider section to take off, I think it would be infectious. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Ya I did notice the lack of music and really like it. I feel like in NA they try to get the crowd into with songs and random cheers on the jumbotron but they are all repetitive and unoriginal. Every team has the generic Go ____ Go ! and the Charge! chants. Having an original chant and a section leading the way would really add the fan experience and make each building more unique instead of the same old chants and music in every building.

Edited by Spitfire_Spiky
typo
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Ya I did notice the lack of music and really like it. I feel like in NA they try to get the crowd into with songs and random cheers on the jumbotron but they are all repetitive and unoriginal. Every team has the generic Go ____ Go ! and the Charge! chants. Having an original chant and a section leading the way would really add the fan experience and make each building more unique instead of the same or chants and music.

anyone that wants to get involved can get the info here: http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/larscheiders-canucks-supporters-group

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

in our row last year one night it was just my wife and I cheering, and some tool on his phone near kept giving us ugly looks :P so yah we desperately need that Larscheider section to take off, I think it would be infectious. 

I was asked to be quiet at Rogers for a freaking ROCK CONCERT once :picard:

I have not been back to see a concert there.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

why did they turn off the lights for the zamboni? 

I never could get a good answer but we did this in Germany too.   Some said it was to "entice" people to the mezzanine for partaking in the beverages/food and others said it was easier for the ice crew to see defects in need of repair (less glare) but I think it was something that someone started and now it is done for simple fact it "was done that way last time".  

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

I never could get a good answer but we did this in Germany too.   Some said it was to "entice" people to the mezzanine for partaking in the beverages/food and others said it was easier for the ice crew to see defects in need of repair (less glare) but I think it was something that someone started and now it is done for simple fact it "was done that way last time".  

some sort of German efficiency I guess :P was this the level of play you were at?

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

some sort of German efficiency I guess :P was this the level of play you were at?

It was.   Enjoyed playing in Europe - almost 10 years worth.   It wasn't by plan, just sort of happened.   Thought NHL was going to happen earlier in career but a long career there wasn't meant to be.   No regrets.   European hockey has great fans and the level of play was much higher than many in North America think - and more physical.  

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It was.   Enjoyed playing in Europe - almost 10 years worth.   It wasn't by plan, just sort of happened.   Thought NHL was going to happen earlier in career but a long career there wasn't meant to be.   No regrets.   European hockey has great fans and the level of play was much higher than many in North America think - and more physical.  

Got to be that guy... hard to tell with user names and all that crap nowadays hahaha... you aren't the actual goalie Zepp are you? Haha 

1 minute ago, Swedish elite3 said:

Got to be that guy... hard to tell with user names and all that crap nowadays hahaha... you aren't the actual goalie Zepp are you? Haha 

Depends - does he owe you money?   :lol:

If you are actually in Europe (Swedish Elite?) perhaps you watched some of our games?

• Upvote 2