The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, khay said:

Needs 8 goals in 18 games to tie Bure's single-season goal record (34). Correct?

Go EP: 9G13A in the next 18 games to finish with 35 goals 43 assists and 78 points. Break all of the Canucks scoring record.

The way he has been lately makes that goal almost impossible.

Hopefully he gets his second wind though.

No way in hell he gets 13A in 18G as no one on the team scores.  Maybe the 8G if he gets hot.

9 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The way he has been lately makes that goal almost impossible.

Hopefully he gets his second wind though.

No way in hell he gets 13A in 18G as no one on the team scores.  Maybe the 8G if he gets hot.

I agree but I hope he breaks it.

Coyotes game last night was super disappointing to watch. EP is just alone out there. At least with Edler back, he is able to get shots off on the PP.

Yup, the thing is hes been so amazing everyone expects him to score every other game and combine it with a couple of assists. The kid has been a impact player on the team and his importance for the teams success is simply huge. It is a long season and he just needs to work through this and strive to improve and grow with the task. Every team he faces sees him as the no 1 threat and rightfully so. It will take some time to solve this as a team and for his line to find solutions together in order to generate oportunities. I still follow his progress with every move he makes and we talk about Elias this and Elias that at the local gym. Its not like its in Vancouver only that ppl sees his greatness. Everyone is taking notes of it and with such a great start to his NHL career the expectations are always big when he plays. Like mentioned its 8 goals from tying a scoring legend like Pavel Bure we are talking about here. Sure that would be a great accomplishment, but id say hes done an amazing job so far, and since he is in a slump he will learn from this as well and find ways to work through this also. 

• Like 2

Is the Calder basically in the bag for him? He's hit a real cold stretch the last week or so (can't blame him, been our best player not named Markstrom all year and he's wearing down) but is there any chance anyone can pass him for the Calder? Especially if this cold stretch goes on another 4-5 games?

Team fitness guru needs to work with him and a few other young guns to build up some strength and balance (on their skates).  I know he is not a huge guy with a large frame but there are ways to increase your strength and add 10-15 lbs of muscle.  If he and the team continue on this slide then I hope he doesn't win the Calder.  Yes, I would love to see him win but win it ending the season on fire.  Green needs to reduce his playing time a little and put him back on a line with Goldobin and someone like the Flying Frenchman.  

• Wat 1

30 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Is the Calder basically in the bag for him? He's hit a real cold stretch the last week or so (can't blame him, been our best player not named Markstrom all year and he's wearing down) but is there any chance anyone can pass him for the Calder? Especially if this cold stretch goes on another 4-5 games?

The only other rookies in consideration should be Dahlen, Binnington, or Hart.

I don't think Hart will win it with his recent injury and average play. Binnington has played lights out but small sample size. Dahlen is likely the other favourite to win.

4 hours ago, 250Integra said:

The only other rookies in consideration should be Dahlen, Binnington, or Hart.

I don't think Hart will win it with his recent injury and average play. Binnington has played lights out but small sample size. Dahlen is likely the other favourite to win.

I highly doubt binnington is even in the conversation at this point.

38 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I highly doubt binnington is even in the conversation at this point.

.933 save percentage in 21 games? You bet your bottom dollar he's in the conversation. That said, I don't think he's a serious contender to actually win, but he's at least being thrown about as an option. Still, unless he plays pretty much every game for St. Louis for the remainder of the season and maintains this, I don't think he really gets more than 3rd place at best. As good as he is, goalies don't win the Calder unless they're starters right off the bat with 40+ games.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:31 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Petey does it all, but that's likely starting to create some fatigue at this point....it's a long season in the NHL.  Back to back games with a 3 AM check in time is an adjustment (for all) I'm sure.

So impressed with this kid...hope, for his sake more than mine/ours, that he slams a few more goals in soon.  Just to give him a boost as he appears to take on a lot of the responsibility for the deal on his shoulders and is never satisfied.  Both a good and bad thing, as it's a huge load to carry.  Nothing can diminish what you've brought to this team, Petey...even losses.  Keep doing what you do, you've got this thing nailed down.

EP is our MVP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whcanuck said:

He is the best player period kid is putting up numbers like the best players in nhl over last twenty years you think a goaltender that's team has a ten game losing streak this year is our MVP

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

He is the best player period kid is putting up numbers like the best players in nhl over last twenty years you think a goaltender that's team has a ten game losing streak this year is our MVP

So true.  Watching Dahlin a lot over the last few Sabre games.  Guy takes HUGE risks all over the ice.  His D awareness is terrible.  EP is a way better player.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

So true.  Watching Dahlin a lot over the last few Sabre games.  Guy takes HUGE risks all over the ice.  His D awareness is terrible.  EP is a way better player.  

Dahlin is an 18 year old D... While I agree that EP should win the Calder this year and is a more complete player right now Dahlin is still amazing and a potential franchise D. 

Btw, you wouldn’t like EK on our team if you can’t stomach a little risk taking on every shift ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, Cup2022 said:

The losing streak wasn't Markstrom’s fault. At all. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, Alflives said:

On 3/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, J-P said:

Dahlin is an 18 year old D... While I agree that EP should win the Calder this year and is a more complete player right now Dahlin is still amazing and a potential franchise D. 

Btw, you wouldn’t like EK on our team if you can’t stomach a little risk taking on every shift ;)

Isn't that how Q. Hughes plays? Like a rover?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1