The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

I was also thinking this. Especially with Guddy gone and Roussell out for the season. We have no toughness in our lineup now besides Beagle. Don’t want anymore cheap shots.

On a positive note, atleast he’s getting his sophomore slump out of the way :P

Haha...he does seem to do everything at a quicker pace then anyone else. Hopefully you are right....love your post.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I know a lot of people will disagree... but I think Petey could do with a maintenance day.

Might give him a chance to recover from the various hits/etc. he's been taking.

And also might give him a little perspective and give him a chance to re-think his creativity and confidence.

Don't think a day off will help. We just had 4 days between games. No real uptick. EP40 looks exhausted, mentally and physically. Is falling down more than usual, his passes are nowhere near as precise as earlier in the season and hardly ever gets his shot off ( the other team, of course, has a lot to do with this ). Knowing EP40, he will come to camp next season with a plan to deal with all these issues ! Once the NHL 'grind' overwhelms you, it takes a long rest to recuperate !

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Don't think a day off will help. We just had 4 days between games. No real uptick. EP40 looks exhausted, mentally and physically. Is falling down more than usual, his passes are nowhere near as precise as earlier in the season and hardly ever gets his shot off ( the other team, of course, has a lot to do with this ). Knowing EP40, he will come to camp next season with a plan to deal with all these issues ! Once the NHL 'grind' overwhelms you, it takes a long rest to recuperate !

The kid will be just fine.

Looked rejuvenated tonight. Was responsible for a lot of chances out there and should have shot that 3-1 in OT. Oh well lots of time for our alien to grow up. 

Beauuuutyyy PP goal and that shootout move was slick. 

• Upvote 2

After that hit in New York and some of the stuff he has had to go through on the ice, these past games, I am suprised he is still playing. Now with Guddy gone and Rousell, I really don't know who is there to back him up on the ice.

beagle, motte, jake, macewen if he gets back in the lineup. u cant do much with injuries. not many games left of the season either. Do u need that much when there no reason to play games since ur cutoff from the playoffs?

Edited by Mrwipeout

Pettersson into 125th in all-time Canuck scoring with his record tying 60th point for a rookie

124.  Mike Sillinger C 138 28 32 60
125.  Elias Pettersson C 61 27 33 60
126.  Mike Robitaille D 174 10 50 60
127.  Zack Kassian RW 171 32 27 59
128.  Dixon Ward LW 103 28 31 59

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Ivan Hlinka, RIP.   Wasn’t he 40 years old his “so called” rookie year?  

He was 32 years old and played two seasons with the Canucks. Back in those days, 32 years old was even still considered a candidate for the Calder (I think), as it was before Makarov's Calder win in the early 90s. Hlinka's second year with Vancouver was even better! Pretty neat that such a legend played only for the Canucks of all the NHL teams.

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hlinka was great.  

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He was 32 years old and played two seasons with the Canucks. Back in those days, 32 years old was even still considered a candidate for the Calder (I think), as it was before Makarov's Calder win in the early 90s. Hlinka's second year with Vancouver was even better! Pretty neat that such a legend played only for the Canucks of all the NHL teams.

Sorry, but I was no fan of Ivan Hlinka. He was here for only 2 seasons. When people talk about forwards on the '82 Canucks playoff team, it's Smyl, Gradin, Boldirev, Fraser, Williams and Rota. Where's Hlinka?? Not one winning season either for a team that was far better than this Canucks team. It's a sad state of affairs for a franchise that it took an "old" rookie to set the club rookie record for points and that the record had stood as long as it did. 60 points is one of the worst club rookie point records in the NHL. Prior to Pettersson, I seriously thought the Canucks rookie point record was a record that would never ever be broken.

Hopefully, Pettersson not only puts Hlinka in the rear view mirror tonight in Chicago, but can accumulate as many points as possible for the remaining 10 games of the season. So lucky that we have Petey.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:04 AM, canuck73_3 said:

I miss Chubey 

I met him a couple of times.  I waved at him the 2nd time and he waved back.  He is a big man.  A good 4th liner with skills and smarts. Too bad he went back to Russia.  Lets hope big Tree comes back.  In a few years, Tree, Hughes, Juolevi and Woo will patrol the Nucks blueline. 

• Cheers 1

On 3/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, smokes said:

After that hit in New York and some of the stuff he has had to go through on the ice, these past games, I am suprised he is still playing. Now with Guddy gone and Rousell, I really don't know who is there to back him up on the ice.

Don't worry.  Green and Benning will rush out there.   Aquilini will bring his crew of heavy construction workers.  But, the one to fear is DEB.

Edited by stanleysteamersmyl