The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

EP was great to night fun to watch

Why do so many so called Canucks fan hate on ?Pettersson?  The kids is the best player we ever had, and he’s going to lead us to Cups.  I’m really passed (ya drunk) at some of yous for hating on Elias.  You do realize he’s the real deal, right?  He’s froogin fabulous, right?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

EP was great to night fun to watch

I love Petey, even though I believe he dies t knife what scotch tastes like,  I think he’s the best player we’ve eve4 had, and will lead us to Cups, I bet he thinks his season sucked crap unless he wins the frinnon cup.  He’s that doevisl.  He’s ours\. 

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I love Petey, even though I believe he dies t knife what scotch tastes like,  I think he’s the best player we’ve eve4 had, and will lead us to Cups, I bet he thinks his season sucked crap unless he wins the frinnon cup.  He’s that doevisl.  He’s ours\. 

Huh

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Huh

Petey thinks a years sucks unless he wins the championship.  He’s super competitive.  Winning the cup is everything to him.  That’s why I think he’s leading us to more than one Stanley Vup.  

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Petey thinks a years sucks unless he wins the championship.  He’s super competitive.  Winning the cup is everything to him.  That’s why I think he’s leading us to more than one Stanley Vup.  

I slick thought you fell asleep on your keyboard and just hit post when you woke up

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

I slick thought you fell asleep on your keyboard and just hit post when you woke up

Hi.  Alf is pastured.  But even drunk, Alf knows Petey is amazing.  Petey is the key to us finally sinnning a .cup.  I’d wash Peteys car for him if I could.  

• Cheers 1

News

Canucks’ Elias Pettersson is chasing the first Calder Trophy clean sweep since Teemu Selanne

Only one rookie in NHL history has swept the Calder Trophy vote, but Canucks rookie Elias Pettersson is making a case to become the second since Teemu Selanne to sit atop every rookie of the year ballot.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/canucks-elias-pettersson-is-chasing-the-first-calder-trophy-clean-sweep-since-teemu-selanne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, cory40 said:

Should have had the penalty shot goal with the thrown stick.

True, but to be fair the refs had so many other things they needed to be watching at the same time, right? Like the time clock to see how long until they get to go home, and the cute blonde in row 2 who's been giving them the warm smiles, etc. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

According to Botch EP40 wants to work on his skating and he(EP40) thinks he can be faster than McDavid.  I thought he kind of got shafted a bit during the ASG fastest skater as he didn't start off right away.  Imagine a bigger, faster, stronger Petey:o

I think if Heiskanen didn't go before Pettersson and wipe out, Pettersson would've given his all. I think he held back in that event, because he didn't want to wipe out around the corners like Miro. Pettersson is deceptively fast. I think once he puts on some muscle and is able to protect the puck even better, he could be unstoppable. I'd also like to see him work on how fast he gets a shot off. Sometimes he sizes things up before he shoots and that buys the opponent time to prepare a bit. Same with Boeser.  Canucks could have two 40+-goal scorers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think if Heiskanen didn't go before Pettersson and wipe out, Pettersson would've given his all. I think he held back in that event, because he didn't want to wipe out around the corners like Miro. Pettersson is deceptively fast. I think once he puts on some muscle and is able to protect the puck even better, he could be unstoppable. I'd also like to see him work on how fast he gets a shot off. Sometimes he sizes things up before he shoots and that buys the opponent time to prepare a bit. Same with Boeser.  Canucks could have two 40+-goal scorers. 

I think he needs that little bit of a wind up right now for his wrist shot. That’s how he generates so much power for how small he is. Once he gets stronger he should be able to get it off quicker with the same velocity. 

• Like 2