The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

17 hours ago, Googlie said:

How's that going to work?  If they send him one for $8,726,188 then they only have $4,359,289, with no goalies signed (Hart's an RFA and both the others are UFA), plus they're short guys in other positions (still need 2 defensemen - Sanheim's previous contract alone was $3.25 million, and re-sign Patrick or sign another 13th forward).  Even if they bring back 4 guys for league min they couldn't ice a full roster either, or they bring back Hart but don't have enough players otherwise.  (Could see other teams trying and would hate to see it happen, but not sure how it'd work in Philly).  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Googlie said:

Musings of a Philly scribe = Flyers thinking of offer-sheeting Petey? 

The author of the article has zero grasp on the Canucks' cap situation and the moves that can be made to ensure Pettersson is signed by the Canucks to a bridge deal or have offer-sheet matched if it came to that.  Wonder if this is the same guy that Bryzgalov was calling out for his lack of professionalism?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

7 years x 6 mil. Lol

If he signed that, I'd be so thankful to them for getting us a great deal.

Might even send em a fruit basket.

I know right. Would be doing the Canucks a favor. But why would Petey sign that offer sheet

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I know right. Would be doing the Canucks a favor. But why would Petey sign that offer sheet

Exactly - he's salivating at a new Tre-Kroner line - Hoglander and Linus Karlsson as his wingers

23 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Trust me petey would never put his great signature on any contract besides a canuck one.

Yup. My guess is that Petey, rather than signing the offer sheet, would use the offer sheet as leverage to hammer the best deal possible out of the Canucks.

• 2 weeks later...