The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Some are opening up around the 22nd but they can participate in camp without a contract.

They can, but it's not too likely they will. Boeser sat out of camp until he signed.

I expect they'll sign quite late, but before game 1 of the regular season. Benning seems to have a penchant for playing the long game with big RFAs and has come out with pretty solid deals in the cases of both Horvat and Boeser.

I am sure Pettie and Hughes will sign soon

But, when was the last time we had 3 players that can play center at an high level of play.

Pettie, Bo and Miller give us quit alot of high end depth

Now, the surrounding players are getting better as well.

Waiting for the signings and the season to start, reminds me of 99 bottles of beer on the wall

The wait just can't end fast enough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Datsyuk has several Selke trophies to his name.  

I'm not sure Petey will ever win a Selke, but he's shown signs that his defensive game is better than a lot of offensive stars. His work ethic goes a long way to that. Few things make me smile more than seeing Petey throw everything at trying to get a puck back from an opponent if he loses it.

• Cheers 1

On 9/10/2021 at 7:15 AM, Crabcakes said:

Boeser missed camp but signed before game 1

Hopefully he signs a similar team friendly deal to Brocks :) Though if that were the case it would have already happened  probably. Should be interesting, im sure players dont want to miss camp.

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

Just to whet our appetite .......

And ...

I cannot wait until there is an announcement on Petey's deal. Feels like an eternity. 

Training camp is less than 2 weeks away! I can't believe we can watch live hockey in Rogers! 

#GOCANUCKSGO

• Cheers 2

yea this is kinda worrying.....EP40 without contract this close to camp....this is as nervous as the boeser contract all the way untill the end of the preseason. This is supposed to be the year both EP40 and brock take the next step in their development. talk about disaster if Petey signs somewhere else...

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Apparently Pettersson and Hughes are training together in Michigan.  My guess is they won't be at camp. 

This is different than Horvat and Boeser.

They will miss the preseason games as well, which gives them another month to procrastinate.