The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

On 6/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, NucknAsia said:

Young players need a player like Miller - to keep them in check

Ehh, no, players like Petey needs space to develop. Not some old geek standing in the way. 

Would you place OEL before Hughes on PP1 as one example?

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Ehh, no, players like Petey needs space to develop. Not some old geek standing in the way. 

Yes, OEL could get the puck through and generated more goals in his limited time on the PP!. 

BB should have left OEL on the PP!.

BB should have also played Bouroughs more than Hunt as he dragged the team into games with his physical play.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

To your point about OEL vs Hughes, I would have Hughes on PP1, but not because he's younger with more development to come, but because he's far better.

38 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

To your point about OEL vs Hughes, I would have Hughes on PP1, but not because he's younger with more development to come, but because he's far better.

Hughes is better but less experienced. Similar to discussion about Miller/Petey. 

I say Petey is better than Miller and Miller is in Pete's way as if OEL took PP1 instead of Hughes. 

42 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Should they have an arm wrestle or better yet a car sales add commercial contest to see who's the best of the best of the best.  Seriously, Pettersson and Miller 

are not the same type of players. Tat's actually a good thing.

Miller is a power center while Pettersson is a finesse centerman. Both have very positive attributes that help the team going forward.

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Miller is a power center while Pettersson is a finesse centerman. Both have very positive attributes that help the team going forward.

The only caveat I would add to that is Miller has positive attributes for a great trade return should JR and PA go that route, however if he can be re-signed he is equally if not more valuable especially being a different style from Petey. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

The only caveat I would add to that is Miller has positive attributes for a great trade return should JR and PA go that route, however if he can be re-signed he is equally if not more valuable especially being a different style from Petey. 

I really do hope that they can re-sign him to a reasonable cap hit and term. He provides an element to the Canucks that I just do not see from a lot of the other players on the team.

Many on here think he is to old for the group going forward but I am not one of them. There are a lot of very good teams in the league that have players even older than Miller that are making a big difference to the teams they are on. Kucherov and Stamkos in TB and Landeskog and Kahdri in COL are prime examples of this.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Hughes is better but less experienced. Similar to discussion about Miller/Petey. 

I say Petey is better than Miller and Miller is in Pete's way as if OEL took PP1 instead of Hughes. 

As of right now, I'd say Miller is better, but I think Petey can get better and might be there as soon as next year. I'm in the camp that every player needs to prove it before being given that role though. Give him a chance to prove himself and if he succeeds, then give him the job.

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

As of right now, I'd say Miller is better, but I think Petey can get better and might be there as soon as next year. I'm in the camp that every player needs to prove it before being given that role though. Give him a chance to prove himself and if he succeeds, then give him the job.

In my view Petey has already proven that by being best when it’s matter. 
Remember his first playoff here. 

Miller relies heavy on Hughes and if Petey had Millers role last season… Wow…You’d be amased.

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

In my view Petey has already proven that by being best when it’s matter. 
Remember his first playoff here. 

Miller relies heavy on Hughes and if Petey had Millers role last season… Wow…You’d be amased.

I would agree that Petey was very good in our 2020 playoffs, but so was Miller. Petey lost his top line minutes early in the year because he underperformed. Petey himself is humble enough that he would tell you the same thing. Is it so hard to admit that a non-Swede might be better than a Swede?

24 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I would agree that Petey was very good in our 2020 playoffs, but so was Miller. Petey lost his top line minutes early in the year because he underperformed. Petey himself is humble enough that he would tell you the same thing. Is it so hard to admit that a non-Swede might be better than a Swede?

What has anything to do with me being swede?

By your logic I would say that OEL is better than Hughes.

Hughes is amasing and will be a delicate double punch with Petey if both stays.

Miller and OEL is very good but not important for the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...