The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Van had deal with VGK to trade down

Seannnp

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It's all bennings fault all the time. Reasom virt hasnt panned out so far. Reason we're last. Reason we fell from 2 to 5. Reason my dog died a couple years ago. Reason it's raining today. Reason my private parts are below average size.

Pretty sure Benning is the reason Trump won.

18 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Vancouver got their #10 guy at #5. 

LOL.

I love the google-scout responses to the draft - always entertaining.

Why didn't the Rangers trade down from 7 for Lias Andersson - most scouting services had him in the teens?

Why didn't Philly use a 2nd on Frost? - virtually no one considered him a 1st round pick.

Why did Detroit take Rasmussen so high?  They're sooo dumb.

Why didn't that idiot McPhee trade down to take Brannstrom instead of taking him at 15 - that's too high for Brannstroooommmmm!   McPhee's so dumb!  Remember the Forsberg/Erat dealzzzz!

Most scouting sources had Pettersson going from 5 to 8.

Google scouts gonna google and B-otchford gonna drama.

6 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Or someone on a soon to be fired scouting department opened his yap.  Who knows?  If it happened as reported, McPhee somehow found out because someone with the Canucks talked to the wrong person.

Or some media clingon leaked that they were meeting with Pettersson - the Sedins having him for dinner.

Whatever.

You guys are so easy to bait wadr.   You keep the B-otchfords in business.

6 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Yeah I remember this as well, how Benning told someone who the Canucks were picking, just before Benning walked up to the mic and announced it to the entire arena...

regards,  G.

Illuminati confirmed!

36 minutes ago, oldnews said:

LOL.

I love the google-scout responses to the draft - always entertaining.

Why didn't the Rangers trade down from 7 for Lias Andersson - most scouting services had him in the teens?

Why didn't Philly use a 2nd on Frost? - virtually no one considered him a 1st round pick.

Why did Detroit take Rasmussen so high?  They're sooo dumb.

Why did that idiot McPhee trade down to take Brannstrom instead of taking him at 15 - that's too high for Brannstroooommmmm!   McPhee's so dumb!  Remember the Forsberg/Erat dealzzzz!

Most scouting sources had Pettersson going from 5 to 8.

Google scouts gonna google and B-otchford gonna drama.

+1

Erik Karlsson went 15th, Cody Hodgson went 10th, sure glad Gillis didn't go off the board with that pick.

Everything is always Benning's fault. Let the hatred go trolls and supports the team. So many idiots in this fan base.

28 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Or some media clingon leaked that they were meeting with Pettersson - the Sedins having him for dinner.

Whatever.

You guys are so easy to bait wadr.   You keep the B-otchfords in business.

If it was any other team than the Canucks in the same situation I'm sure you wouldn't dismiss it so fast.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

If it was any other team than the Canucks in the same situation I'm sure you wouldn't dismiss it so fast.

I've already dismissed all kinds of other first round scenarios where GMs shoulda woulda coulda - it's just google-scout and armchair noise in the end.

8 minutes ago, sampy said:

+1

Erik Karlsson went 15th, Cody Hodgson went 10th, sure glad Gillis didn't go off the board with that pick.

Everything is always Benning's fault. Let the hatred go trolls and supports the team. So many idiots in this fan base.

Just because people's first response isn't to fondle TL and JB for every decision they make doesn't mean that they aren't worthwhile fans.  At first I wasn't thrilled with the first round pick, but the more I look into it, the more I definitely understand why Benning took him.  I would still he rather had taken Glass, but it's not my arse on the line if he chooses poorly.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I've already dismissed all kinds of other first round scenarios where GMs shoulda woulda coulda - it's just google-scout and armchair noise in the end.

It's entertaining at least.  Unless McPhee says anything further, we'll most likely never know for sure what happened.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's entertaining at least.  Unless McPhee says anything further, we'll most likely never know for sure what happened.

no one was as entertaining as the GM you just fired.

you want drama, Murray was your guy.

McPhee has the easiest job in the NHL.  Spoon fed.  Hey, here's a dozen #4 D.....  see if you can make anything out of that lol.

Tool move on his part to comment on re-negging on an offer he made.

The bottom line - there is no deal. It's a deal once it's a deal - to that point it's only talk / offers - the armchair hindsighting is food for the drama queens.

Just now, oldnews said:

no one was as entertaining as the GM you just fired.

you want drama, Murray was your guy.

McPhee has the easiest job in the NHL.  Spoon fed.  Hey, here's a dozen #4 D.....  see if you can make anything out of that lol.

Tool move on his part to comment on re-negging on an offer he made.

The bottom line - there is no deal. It's a deal once it's a deal - to that point it's only talk / offers - the armchair hindsighting is food for the drama queens.

Murray was definitely a character.  Unfortunately he made too many rookie mistakes and in the end it was the coach whom the players universally disliked that he hired that was the last straw that did him in.

I agree it was pretty crappy of McPhee to sling crap at JB for no reason whatsoever.  He all but said he did something rather shady with a deal.  That can't look good to the other 29 GMs....

Archived