The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

7 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I just hoping they get the ice time needed to develope their game this earn it in the AHL for our prospect that need that crucial time on the ice isn’t working for us

You thinking gifting prospects ice time is the way to go?

• Cheers 1

I just hoping they get the ice time needed to develope their game this earn it in the AHL for our prospect that need that crucial time on the ice isn’t working for us

I heard an interview, or read it on here, about the change in his personal life going from junior to pro.  Cole said he didn’t even know how to shop fir food, let alone cook proper meals.  He said it took him months to figure out a proper diet.  I think the change from junior, where the players have billet parents who take very good care of them, to being on their own is equally significant to the change in level of play.  I fully expect Lind to have a huge year next season.  He’s far more mature now, and understands what is expected.  

• Upvote 1

And what nobody talks about is Lind also missed a significant number of games with three separate injuries plus his skating is just average. This is an extremely important summer for Kole to work on both his strength and his skating.  His first full pro season had to be an eye opener for him.  Now it's up to him to put the work in and come back next fall as a better pro. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

And what nobody talks about is Lind also missed a significant number of games with three separate injuries plus his skating is just average. This is an extremely important summer for Kole to work on both his strength and his skating.  His first full pro season had to be an eye opener for him.  Now it's up to him to put the work in and come back next fall as a better pro. 

Lots of fans had lofty expectations of Kole Lind, one area that is super underrated in Kole's game that has been apparent despite the lack of offensive numbers is his agitating/sand paper like style.

Several times this year he has gotten under the skin of many AHL veterans especially as of recent against Andy Andreoff and Hubert Labrie who were chasing after him looking to fight him because he was simply crawling under their skin.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/14/2019 at 8:07 AM, stawns said:

You thinking gifting prospects ice time is the way to go?

Yes I think putting our prospects in more of a position to find their game and grow is a better idea then making them sit and watch

not saying gift it to them in the NHL but god man isn’t the AHL a developmental league

Edited by Dats hockey
  • Upvote 2

Yes I think putting our prospects in more of a position to find their game and grow is a better idea then making them sit and watch

not saying gift it to them in the NHL but god man isn’t the AHL a developmental league

ice time isn't just how you develop players

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Oh really?  We develop them better by not playing them?  The better plan is to put them down to a level where they can play, and raise them as they learn.

Lmao playing a kid every game of the year for his first pro season is a recipe for disaster 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, logic said:

Lmao playing a kid every game of the year for his first pro season is a recipe for disaster 

Read what I wrote.  I never said that.  Hardly ever playing, as was the case with Palmu, Gadjovich, and Lind is certainly not the solution.  If they can’t make the lineup, put them where they can play.

11 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Read what I wrote.  I never said that.  Hardly ever playing, as was the case with Palmu, Gadjovich, and Lind is certainly not the solution.  If they can’t make the lineup, put them where they can play.

Even losing time from injuries, they still played in the majority of Utica's games. For you, playing the majority of games = hardly ever playing? Seems to me that "hardly ever" would mean playing in less than half of the games they were available to play, which was not the case for the players you mentioned.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Didn't we do that though?  Palmu went back to Europe, and we traded Dahlen.  Lind and Gadjovie got lots more playing time as the season progressed.  

On 4/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, logic said:

A winning environment is just as crucial as enough ice time for developing, throwing kids into roles they’re not ready for means lost games = losing environment

Yikes winning environment isn’t that Crucial... going through some adversity in your development isn’t bad either....

15 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Yikes winning environment isn’t that Crucial... going through some adversity in your development isn’t bad either....

I wonder what the guy in your avatar would say about that?

being around winning does wonders for your mentality