The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

11 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I think he didn't believe how difficult it would be. ie I've always been a go to player. Because of that he ran into a brick wall. Any way that's behind him now I just hope he's got the message and can salvage a career and comes into camp ready to fight for his spot

The nice thing about the Canuck time line is that young players like Lind and Gadjovich will develop without the added pressure of having to 'save' their NHL team. The org has the time to let these kids evolve. When you talk about 2nd rdr's having a 20% chance of making 100 NHL games I suggest those odds have to be nuanced by what team picks them and how they are developed. Canuck fans who write Lind and Gadjovich off after 1 year of pro are not showing near enough patience. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The nice thing about the Canuck time line is that young players like Lind and Gadjovich will develop without the added pressure of having to 'save' their NHL team. The org has the time to let these kids evolve. When you talk about 2nd rdr's having a 20% chance of making 100 NHL games I suggest those odds have to be nuanced by what team picks them and how they are developed. Canuck fans who write Lind and Gadjovich off after 1 year of pro are not showing near enough patience

impatient jennifer lawrence GIF

-Select members of CDC

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The nice thing about the Canuck time line is that young players like Lind and Gadjovich will develop without the added pressure of having to 'save' their NHL team. The org has the time to let these kids evolve. When you talk about 2nd rdr's having a 20% chance of making 100 NHL games I suggest those odds have to be nuanced by what team picks them and how they are developed. Canuck fans who write Lind and Gadjovich off after 1 year of pro are not showing near enough patience. 

I think what worried some is the fact that a heralded player like Lind were unable to make the roster on many nights. The fact he couldn't win a spot on the roster has to be worrying IMO. So many fans acted like cheerleader doesn't help. Gadjovich was a regular in the press box, They both have 2 remaining years on their ELC lets hope it's enough time to turn it around. After this next season it'll be one year left so yes there is some urgency. There others coming behind them, Hogelund, Focht, Rathbone, Madden. et al. If I'm Lind the time is now!

On 8/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Alflives said:

Lind was not in pro shape most of last season.  He’s going be be ready this year. 

He also was hurt and did not play for a month and a half...coming back from injury isn't easy...then the team was crippled at the end with the loss of most of their good "D".

Gotta feeling Lind will not disappoint.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I think what worried some is the fact that a heralded player like Lind were unable to make the roster on many nights. The fact he couldn't win a spot on the roster has to be worrying IMO. So many fans acted like cheerleader doesn't help. Gadjovich was a regular in the press box, They both have 2 remaining years on their ELC lets hope it's enough time to turn it around. After this next season it'll be one year left so yes there is some urgency. There others coming behind them, Hogelund, Focht, Rathbone, Madden. et al. If I'm Lind the time is now!

Gadjovic concerns me.  He’s already a man, and clearly is in fabulous condition, and ready to play.  Him not getting ice time (IMO) equals not being good enough.

Lind, as I’ve pointed out before, is still a boy physically and mentally.  He was overweight, living a poor lifestyle, and not ready to compete.  Lind is not concerning to me.  He has the natural size and skills to be an NHL player.  He needs to grow up.  

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The fact remains that last year was their first as pros. I am not suggesting they are guaranteed NHL'ers. I expect both will come off their summers with better pro conditioning and better concepts of what it takes to be pros. If they are passed by more talented players then good for the org.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

The fact remains that last year was their first as pros. I am not suggesting they are guaranteed NHL'ers. I expect both will come off their summers with better pro conditioning and better concepts of what it takes to be pros. If they are passed by more talented players then good for the org.  

I agree, the system is set up for 3 years (ELC ) to prove yourself. Further the system is to draft half a dozen players every year to put pressure of the previous years picks. This a top down system and ensure that a pecking order of prospects, each putting pressure on the next in the chain of order. Nothing is by chnace it's set up that way. So Lind looks ate Hoglander/Madden and thinks that's the guy that wants my job, now it's up to me … good luck Kole  :)

• Upvote 2

On 8/20/2019 at 8:33 AM, Bure_Pavel said:

The thing is he is still pulling in $160,000 a year before tax currently, enough to live comfortably still even if your not the best chef.  

mmm, Cap Friendly shows him making $70,000, before tax, in the minors.

13 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

His signing bonus runs for each of his 3 years of ELC according to Capfriendly

Oh Ok, sounds weird getting a signing bonus 3 years after you signed but if you say so. The wording is strange IMO , that's a lot of money for 5 goals :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Oh Ok, sounds weird getting a signing bonus 3 years after you signed but if you say so. The wording is strange IMO , that's a lot of money for 5 goals :rolleyes:

I thought it seemed odd as well and I am just quoting from what I saw in Capfriendly. I wonder if that is only paid out if he plays in the NHL vs AHL?

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 8:19 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

I thought it seemed odd as well and I am just quoting from what I saw in Capfriendly. I wonder if that is only paid out if he plays in the NHL vs AHL?

No the signing bonus is garunteed. 92k every July 1st. Even players wh have singed ELCs but are still in junior (Jet Woo) get the signing bonus. However, in Woo's case, his ELC will end up running 4 years (because the start date 'slides' when they're still in junior.) So he'll get the bonus in years 1-3 and not 4.

• Thanks 1