The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

18 minutes ago, cyoung said:

What makes you skeptical of jasek? 

I watch a lot of the Comets games on AHLTV and when I watch him play he seems to be a perimeter player.  He is fast and maybe a better play maker than a goal scorer.  9 goals and 29 points in his first year isn't bad but I am not convinced he will be much better than he is right now.  Reminds me a little of Mason Raymond.

1 minute ago, dpn1 said:

I am not a scout or anything so my opinions are just that, opinion. ::D

Don't fool yourself dpn,  scouts opinions are also just that, opinions (you are entitled to make your opinion as much as they are - but you might find a different audience of course).   Albeit opinions based on first-hand hockey experience hopefully rather than couch-surfing and gaming. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Don't fool yourself dpn,  scouts opinions are also just that, opinions (you are entitled to make your opinion as much as they are - but you might find a different audience of course).   Albeit opinions based on first-hand hockey experience hopefully rather than couch-surfing and gaming. 

I think that is what makes being on here so much fun.  We get to be a scout or gm or coach.  :)  I have had the opportunity to play college hockey and am grateful for the opportunity to have done it and that is the extent of my hockey experience though.

Edited by dpn1

Still a little salty we didnt take Nic Hague with this pick. They had to be rated pretty close as Hague was a projected mid first rounder on a lot of lists. Dman vs winger, you should always good with Dman if rated similarly. A Dman with a cannon of a shot is something we still severely lack.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Still a little salty we didnt take Nic Hague with this pick. They had to be rated pretty close as Hague was a projected mid first rounder on a lot of lists. Dman vs winger, you should always good with Dman if rated similarly. A Dman with a cannon of a shot is something we still severely lack.  

Add that a lot of really good D men come out of round two as well.  I’m still okay with Lind, but do prefer second round picks are D men (if they are close to the forward on the Canuck’s list). 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

They clearly had Lind in the first though, they go off their own list, not the tsn ratings. 

I do agree though, I would of picked Hague (I had him in first). I was still stoked on Lind however.

Edited by cyoung
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, cyoung said:

They clearly had Lind in the first though, they go off their own list, not the tsn ratings. 

I do agree though, I would of picked Hague (I had him in first). I was still stoked on Lind however.

Ya just need wise, we need top 4 dmen badly and they take a long time to develop. At pick 33 he had to be up near the top of the Canucks list as well. Hague actually uses his size to play physical and has a booming slapshot. We now have Boeser, Podkolzin, Virtanen all on the right side.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Add that a lot of really good D men come out of round two as well.  I’m still okay with Lind, but do prefer second round picks are D men (if they are close to the forward on the Canuck’s list). 

I agree.  There are a lot of great defenders picked up in the second round, from Larry Robinson through Duncan Keith and Shea Weber, to the present day. It's just way harder to tell what you've got with D men - you don't know if they can think like NHL forwards until they play NHL forwards.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I forgot how good his +1 season. He had 11 more points than Dube. Dube scored 39 points in 37 AHL games. Strange how that works sometimes. 

Yeah definitely strange...Dube was good but LInd was better in junior...hope last year was just a bad year for Lind.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pete M said:

Yeah definitely strange...Dube was good but LInd was better in junior...hope last year was just a bad year for Lind.

I'm predicting a huge bounceback for Lind. He's got too good of a head on his shoulders to not develop into an NHL player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm predicting a huge bounceback for Lind. He's got too good of a head on his shoulders to not develop into an NHL player. 

He's got some tough competition for minutes though. Boucher and Perron are regular producers in the AHL. MacEwen and Bailey are on the cusp of getting NHL games. Plus there's a high possibility we see a winger or two get waived and potentially sent down as well. Then he's competing with the likes of Jasek and Gadjovich for time amongst younger players.

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

He's got some tough competition for minutes though. Boucher and Perron are regular producers in the AHL. MacEwen and Bailey are on the cusp of getting NHL games. Plus there's a high possibility we see a winger or two get waived and potentially sent down as well. Then he's competing with the likes of Jasek and Gadjovich for time amongst younger players.

Agreed for sure. The thing I like about KL, tho, is his work ethic. He knows what he needs to do and will work hard to do it. That internal competition will only make him better. He may not beat out all those guys, but I think he'll definitely improve a lot from last year.

• Cheers 1