The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

4 minutes ago, reyezone said:

After listening to his interview he gave a few days ago I’d say the guy has CTE. 

Playing bravely/half nuts, so many of that 1960's-80's era are now prob paying the price. Bet all those guys(given the choice) would go back & do it again. Live like a hero in your youth, & a Big bill comes later.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Offensively maybe but Gaudette has what it takes to be a bottom 6 player. Lind is top 6 or bust, I'd he can get better off the puck and learn how to be effective when he doesn't have it his chances of having an NHL career would be much higher

Interesting, I do not view Lind as a top 6 or bust player. Like most young players he needs to work on his defensive zone play, but I can easily see him in a middle six role for the Canucks as an offensive player that doesn't hurt you defensively. A Hoglander-Gaudette-Lind line in the future could be fun to watch

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Interesting, I do not view Lind as a top 6 or bust player. Like most young players he needs to work on his defensive zone play, but I can easily see him in a middle six role for the Canucks as an offensive player that doesn't hurt you defensively. A Hoglander-Gaudette-Lind line in the future could be fun to watch

i think that could be a very good 3rd line. i hope they pair gaudette and lind together in utica.  maybe move up together like kesler and burrows did. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2019 at 3:14 AM, Phat Fingers said:

I wanted Hague too.  Big d man that racked a lot of points and has a mean streak.  

Can't have enough d men in the system.  Picking Woo in the second the following draft have me some relief.  Lind was injured and finished way, way better.  

Hagues roommate Dylan Coghlan, who went undrafted looked amazing the other night vs. Arizona. I think he had 2A, assisting on 2G of Pacioretty' hattrick.

Island boy, I know his family a bit. 

Anyway, Glad to see Kole hasn't fallen off the radar.

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah I don't see the Royals leaving unless they share the rink along with all the concerts. That would cut down on public skates tho not sure if that would be allowed.

Oh, I know it would cause a lot of trouble for the Royals. I was just spitballing, the logistics don't really add up. But fun to think about. I just really like the structured game of the AHL, it's so close to NHL action and to have that in Victoria would be amazing. 

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Playing bravely/half nuts, so many of that 1960's-80's era are now prob paying the price. Bet all those guys(given the choice) would go back & do it again. Live like a hero in your youth, & a Big bill comes later.

A shorter life being somebody v a longer life being a nobody.... probably lean towards the former...

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, tybarber said:

3 Assists for Kole Lind, making some good plays. 

I went to theahl.com to check the score and they had a promo on - free AHL TV for weekend. I created an account, excited to throw the Comets game on instead of Tor/Mon but NOPE, of course it didn't work. When I tried to play the game, it would take me to their sign up page where I'd have to pay to watch. Sweet promo AHL. Way to go. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Judging by this recent interview, Lind is raring to go:

“I feel really good”, said Lind. “Obviously I worked hard this offseason especially for camp and I want to try to make a statement to the coaches and the management. I think that was a big thing coming off of an off year. I think that was big for me to come have a couple of good first skates and try to get my confidence going early. I feel better in compete and battle drills, it feels a lot better. I’m not getting pushed around as much, I won a decent amount in camp and it feels good, I feel a lot more confident this year than I have past years for sure.

He wasn’t kidding. Lind looks like a different player this year, his skating stride stronger and his stick work markedly improved from where it was last preseason.

Lind knows he and fellow 2017 second-round pick Jonah Gadjovich need to improve on last year’s performance, and cited the hard work both players put in over the summer as reasons for optimism heading into this season:

“I thought we both had big offseasons. We both worked really hard, especially [because] we had to come back and have better years than last year and we obviously expect a lot more of ourselves so I think that’s something that Gadj and I both really pushed towards being better and stronger this year.”

For Lind to take that next step, he’ll likely need a seal of approval from Canucks’ bench boss Travis Green. When asked about his relationship with Green, he had this to say:

“It’s good, he gave me a call in the offseason to check in on me and make sure I was working hard and keep be accountable for a number of things this summer that I wanted to push myself to this summer as well. I think we’re on the same page there and he obviously likes to push me in practice and also give me little tips as well.”

Increased point production would likely be enough to earn Green’s attention, and it’s an area where Lind thinks he can improve this season:

“First things first I want to put up numbers at the AHL level, I think the first thing I wanted to do is to come out and make a serious statement in camp that I am serious about what I’m doing this year and I want to prove people wrong. That’s some last year that pissed me off. So this year I am ready to go. I’m just going to go out there and make a statement and then start producing at the AHL level and then push from there.”

And it seems like he's had a great summer:

“It was obviously good to be home being in Shaunavon, (Saskatchewan), for most of the summer,” Lind said. “I pushed myself a lot harder than most summers to get ready for training camp and the season ahead.

There were some things he wanted to improve, as most professionals do, and he went to great lengths to work on his lower body.

“The biggest thing for me was lots of power skating,” Lind said. “Tying to get quicker and lots of work with my legs in the gym, as well trying to get stronger. Getting quicker was the main key for me this summer.

“I skated with a number of different people. It’s kind of depends the time of year, usually towards the beginning of summer I’m doing lots of power skating and then towards the end of the summer, I’ll kind of go with the pro group in Saskatoon and try to get the skills and get my hands going a little bit for the season

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I went to theahl.com to check the score and they had a promo on - free AHL TV for weekend. I created an account, excited to throw the Comets game on instead of Tor/Mon but NOPE, of course it didn't work. When I tried to play the game, it would take me to their sign up page where I'd have to pay to watch. Sweet promo AHL. Way to go. 

I had the same experience. Wouldn't let me in

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Worked fine for me. All you had to do was click on schedule and pick the game.

The first time I tried it today, I did what you did.