The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

Great to see Lind taking off this year.

I think some people expected this of him last year but, he is a young guy, in a new league, in a new city, likely getting used to living on his own, learning everything about being a pro behind the scenes, and trying to get his conditioning to the point of the rest of the league.

One year later and he knows what it's all about.

Keep it up Lind!

Edited by Kosmo Kramer
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I was thinking during RJ interview, it's a shame JV didn't have a plan and it's a shame he didn't go back to Junior and then Utica. I think the treatment of Lind is a result of the bad development of JV. Maybe we have a player in Lind!

Well good news is it looks like JV is on a better track now. This is why we don't run players out of town. The ones the team keeps are generally the ones the team knows (behind the scenes) that they are willing to put the work in. Trust the process.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Way too much blame was being placed last season for the slow development of prospects last season in Utica and Trent Cull was unfairly made the scapegoat by Canucks Twitter.  Some players just are not ready for the jump from juniors to professional hockey.  I like Kole Lind and am happy that he used last season as a wake up call and motivation to take ownership of his career and put in the work needed to succeed.

• Upvote 3

Just a little more to add to the RJ interview:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-canucks-see-veteran-laden-comets-as-a-good-thing-for-the-kids

One of the young players who will benefit from exposure to a pair of players with NHL experience is Kole Lind. From a results perspective, his first pro season was a difficult one: He had scored at every level but last season managed just five goals in 51 games for the Comets. It was a surprise to see a player who many scouts and analysts thought was a strong dark horse in the Canucks’ prospect stable struggle so much.

Through five games this season he already has seven points. In training camp, he stood out. He appeared to have regained confidence in his own game, in his ability to do what he’d done so well in junior: Winning pucks, making plays and creating scoring chances.

“We challenged him last spring,” Johnson said. “Come in to training camp ready to compete and show that he belongs. He’s done the work, he’s improved his overall strength, his skating. It’s showed, he is a different player, he’s more confident. He’s let his skill set shine.”

Like just about every other young player, Lind’s story, Johnson said, wasn’t just a case of getting stronger. He’d needed to have better technique to compete for pucks, to stand out from his peers.

• Cheers 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:31 PM, DeNiro said:

At this rate he may just earn himself a call up this season.

If he did get a look, it would only be to assess his development, I figure. We have Baer and Gaudette (both up today) and Goldy as first fill-ins so we absolutely don't require Lind for depth right now. I'd really just rather see him get big developmental minutes in the AHL for this entire year.

Edited by kloubek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:35 PM, JamesBlondage said:

I see Kole Lind had the game winning goal tonight. He's 3-6-9 and a +6 in 8 games. Seems like he's gotten over the adjustment from the WHL to the AHL. Looking forward to his continued improvement this season...

I feel like for the 2nd tier prospects, it always takes a season to adjust from WHL to AHL. That's why I wasn't panicking last year. This is the make it or break it year, in my opinion, for Lind and Gadjovich. Lind appears to be up for the challenge and will probably get an NHL game if he keeps this up by the spring. 

Just glad he's regained his confidence. 

I hope Gadjovich figures it out next. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2