The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

We are just starting to see the influence of this management's draft picks on our farm system.  Lind, Gadg, Mikie and Jasek are all taking big steps so far this season and I can't think of a GM in our history that has drafted as well Jim and his team.  I know some feel Jim isn't that good and are quick to jump all over the OJ and JV picks but if you you look at any other GM and they all miss on some pick.  Jury is still out on OJ as no one seems to know the nature of this resent injury and Jake is rounding out to be a solid middle 6 winger over the next year or so and to be honest I never really saw Jake as much more than that.  I am not saying I think taking Jake was a bad idea, just that there is no scientific ways to choosing the right player all the time.  Jake was taken around where he was expected to go.  I believe for every Jake out there, there is a Brock.  Both can have a positive impact on our teams future.  I try not to get too hung up where players are drafted and look at the draft as a whole.  The only first round pick I had a real problem with was the OJ pick.  I really liked some others around him, specifically McAvoy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/19/2019 at 11:16 AM, dpn1 said:

We are just starting to see the influence of this management's draft picks on our farm system.  Lind, Gadg, Mikie and Jasek are all taking big steps so far this season and I can't think of a GM in our history that has drafted as well Jim and his team.  I know some feel Jim isn't that good and are quick to jump all over the OJ and JV picks but if you you look at any other GM and they all miss on some pick.  Jury is still out on OJ as no one seems to know the nature of this resent injury and Jake is rounding out to be a solid middle 6 winger over the next year or so and to be honest I never really saw Jake as much more than that.  I am not saying I think taking Jake was a bad idea, just that there is no scientific ways to choosing the right player all the time.  Jake was taken around where he was expected to go.  I believe for every Jake out there, there is a Brock.  Both can have a positive impact on our teams future.  I try not to get too hung up where players are drafted and look at the draft as a whole.  The only first round pick I had a real problem with was the OJ pick.  I really liked some others around him, specifically McAvoy.

How is Gadjovich taking a big step this season?

From reading Utica threads one would think he is a bust. I don't know enough about him so serious question.

• Wat 1

23 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

How is Gadjovich taking a big step this season?

From reading Utica threads one would think he is a bust. I don't know enough about him so serious question.

Naw, he's just had bad luck with injuries.  Only played 3 games so far.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Patience guys.   This is not a third or fourth line player we are trying to build.  He will get better yet. 

A poster (RobZepp) that used to frequent this board once said, he heard through different scouts that Lind might never be an NHL'er. I think this kid is trying to prove them all wrong.

Edited by johngould21

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

A poster (RobZepp) that used to frequent this board once said, he heard through different scouts that Lind might never be an NHL'er. I think this kid is trying to prove them all wrong.

I have watched Kole live as a WHLer about 10 times, all when playing the Royals in Victoria.  I believe his skills can translate to a top 6 forward with speed, skill, strength and an edge.  This depends somewhat on injury luck and determination which he is showing he possesses.  

But realistically, he needs to be Boucher, Baertchi, Goldobin good in the AHL while being younger to exceed how far each of them has progressed.  With that in mind, Kole needs one more breakthrough summer while turning in a near PPG season this year.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1