The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

13 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Haven't watched too much but is he shooting the puck more. In juniors he'd fly into the zone and rip the puck which is something I haven't seen him do so far.

If he can get that shot working at or near the same level in the AHL then he could become a very good NHL player

I’m just speculating, but in the dub I don’t think he was on a strong team. With Boucher, Baertschi, and Goldobin - never mind Bailey, Perron, Jasek, and lately Gadjovich, there are a lot of players that can ‘rip the puck’ - Lind has the great opportunity to play with guys that can really play. Oh yeah, and we’ve had MacEwen and Glaovac up here - so they can play too. Lind is tied for third on his team for points, but if you watched Utica, you’d see him grow game by game. He made some great plays tonight, but came up unlucky.  He has 5 goals 7 assists in his last 10 games. His 22 points leave him tied for twentieth in league scoring - remember he is only a second year AHL player - though, in fairness, a number of the guys ahead of him in AHL scoring are within a year or two of his age (he is just turned 21).

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Hoping for him to make the nhl next year. We could have 4 solid scoring lines

I think he’s third in line after Zack MacEwen and Jašek because the most likely outs are Schaller and Eriksson.  

I can’t remember now, has Kole played any PK? 

40 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

He only plays well with Boucher is in the line up is the thing, when RB was out, Lind vanished was odd.

Good thing Lind will have much better players to work with at the NHL level than Boucher.

If Lind is an effective complementary player, that isn't a bad thing.

37 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

He only plays well with Boucher is in the line up is the thing, when RB was out, Lind vanished was odd.

I always saw Lind as a complimentary player. Sort of like a higher end version of Leivo. Not someone who would necessarily drive play, but someone with the hockey IQ and skillset to work with players like Pettersson or Gaudette and not bring them down. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Lind is putting together a really nice sophomore season, and looks like he could be ready to push for a spot next season.  We are looking like we have a couple of guys ready to make the jump, either on a full time, or more regular basis.

-Lind

-Rafferty

-OJ

-Brisebois

-MacEwen

Madden and Rathbone are having solid sophomore seasons in the NCAA as well, I expect they sign after this season and start in Utica next year. they may not be too far off either.  

This will be huge for us managing cap in the next few years.  ELC's will go a long way to open up space for Hughes, Ep's new deals.

Also we could have hogz next season too and iirc Jett woo will be able to play in the ahl next season too. 

On kole though he is just what our team needs with Bo and Guad as our centres and kole has nice play making ability and would compliment both of them and the fact that his a pain to play against is even sweeter. 

Good time to be a Canucks fan:towel:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Also we could have hogz next season too and iirc Jett woo will be able to play in the ahl next season too. 

On kole though he is just what our team needs with Bo and Guad as our centres and kole has nice play making ability and would compliment both of them and the fact that his a pain to play against is even sweeter. 

Good time to be a Canucks fan:towel:

For sure.  I've got Lind, Rafferty, OJ, Brisebois, MacEwen pencilled in for bigger roles next year, and Hoglander, Podkolzin, Woo, DiPietro, Rathbone for the year after.  Obviously they won't all make it or reach their potential, but to have that many guys ready to push for spots over the next few years will be huge.  We have never had that before, ever.  It keeps the wheel rolling....prospects make the next step---->vets get dealt for prospects/picks to make rooms---->  Prospect pool keeps replenishing itself.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BCNate said:

For sure.  I've got Lind, Rafferty, OJ, Brisebois, MacEwen pencilled in for bigger roles next year, and Hoglander, Podkolzin, Woo, DiPietro, Rathbone for the year after.  Obviously they won't all make it or reach their potential, but to have that many guys ready to push for spots over the next few years will be huge.  We have never had that before, ever.  It keeps the wheel rolling....prospects make the next step---->vets get dealt for prospects/picks to make rooms---->  Prospect pool keeps replenishing itself.  

The thing is Nate....you have to be willing to deal your vets

and you have to have some ability to be able to forecast how good your rookies are.

So, as I say this Baertschi comes to mind...….IMO, Benning should have dealt him last year at the TDL

For what ever we could get for him...….Now I am looking at Tanev the same way

But again, you have to be able to forecast 6 months ahead...….

Lets take a look at Rafferty and see what we have...…...and let's hope Tryamkin is coming

I am sure Benning knows

Questions and planning, planning and planning

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, BCNate said:

Don’t sleep on Rathbone next year he might surprise some people

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1