The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

5 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

Lind is now 8th in league scoring. Having a big rebound season. Hopefully next season we can create a spot for him.

I still say he has another gear yet.  Wait until he puts another summer in and see.  Stronger, faster, better.  

16 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'm still laughing at those that said Utica can't develop.

Law of averages that one pops through. I still maintain that we get better success with development in the NCAA. IMO Lind still has to get better, true he is pulling away from the pack, but then again so to is Bailey ….  again …. but can't quite make the NHL ( can we say Boucher ) 

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Law of averages that one pops through. I still maintain that we get better success with development in the NCAA. IMO Lind still has to get better, true he is pulling away from the pack, but then again so to is Bailey ….  again …. but can't quite make the NHL ( can we say Boucher ) 

And once again you completely whiff on context. The quality (and quantity of quality) prospects we've had through NCAA is the reason we've had 'better success' there.

It's not a 'failing' of Utica, it's simply a symptom of which system we've happened to draft some of our better prospects from.

And Boucher and Bailey are poor comparables.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And Boucher and Bailey are poor comparables.

Why both put up good number which is what most fans judge a players ability on but can't take the next step. They're tweeners. Lind has not reached the dizzy heights of Bouchard or even Bailey Bailey who has played 63 NHL games and scored 5+4. Lind has certainly shown improvement according to Utica Cory. But is still has a way to go

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Why both put up good number which is what most fans judge a players ability on but can't take the next step. They're tweeners. Lind has not reached the dizzy heights of Bouchard or even Bailey Bailey who has played 63 NHL games and scored 5+4. Lind has certainly shown improvement according to Utica Cory. But is still has a way to go

Completely. Different. Players.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I still say he has another gear yet.  Wait until he puts another summer in and see.  Stronger, faster, better.  

Ya I think we are already seeing it. Kole is just getting better as the year goes on. I’m hoping the comets go on a long playoff run and if Lind is a big part of it I think he would be an option next year. For Vancouver I think implementing 1-2 rookies a year is ideal and Lind seems to be the most ready of all the forwards. I don’t see Schaller or Sutter being fits moving forward. With Pearson and Virtanen establishing themselves as locks on this team I could see see one open spot in the top 9 next season.

Boeser Petterson Miller

Eriksson Horvat Pearson

Virtanen Gaudette Lind

Roussel Beagle Leivo

That leaves out: Schaller Sutter Motte

14 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Are you just looking at numbers? I feel like your insight is extremely shallow and constantly negative. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Man that's an insightful well worded response. He's shown some improvement, which is good, but is a long way from a call up 

Did I say he was? Or Lind? You can stop talking out of your arse, for me, any time. I have zero desire to play your straw man games of points I never even made or argued.

My points, to summarize for you:

-Utica does not have a 'problem' developing players. They've simply not had much of a pool to develop until very recently. You continue to ignore that reality to frame that silly narrative.

-Boucher being a 'tweener' has zero bearing on whether or not Bailey (or Lind, whom I never even mentioned pertaining to that comment) will or won't be tweeners themselves. They're entire different players. Bailey has an entirely different skill set  from Boucher. Bailey's size especially and elite speed are far more translatable to the NHL and he's also far more likely to translate to a more attainable, bottom 6 role than Boucher is as a likely 'top 6 or bust'. Will he? Who knows...? Thus far he's had trouble translating his game to the NHL level. Could be a late bloomer, could be a tweener. Time will tell and it has zip to do with Boucher.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Frankly I get fed up with posters who see ( in this case Lind ) put up a few points in the AHL and suddenly fans go full Monty on his future in the NHL. I offer Boucher and Bailey as players who have looked good but can't take the next step. Percentage wise that is likely  projectory.   The AHL is full of players on the cusp, actually graduated few and far between

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Frankly I get fed up with posters who see ( in this case Lind ) put up a few points in the AHL and suddenly fans go full Monty on his future in the NHL. I offer Boucher and Bailey as players who have looked good but can't take the next step. Percentage wise that is likely  projectory.   The AHL is full of players on the cusp, actually graduated few and far between

So never get excited about any prospects?

He’s outpacing Kesler at the same age and plays a similar abrasive style. 

There’s no reason fans shouldn’t be optimistic about this guy.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I don't think that verterans 26yr old Bouchard and 24yr old Bailey (who is in his first season with Utica) are good examples for the Comets player development program.  Both players failed to take 'the next step' while playing for other teams, where their development age was at its prime.  Perhaps these players will one day make the NHL, but their chances are becoming slimmer as each season slides by.

On the other hand, Lind is just 21yrs (prime time for developing prospects) and is obviously still developing as a player; which his improvement implies.  This is the sort of player that Utica's development program should be judged by. 

Any player that joins the Comets as a rookie becomes a part of the developing program.  The rest are vets, who have pretty much completed their development elsewhere.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So never get excited about any prospects?

He’s outpacing Kesler at the same age and plays a similar abrasive style. 

There’s no reason fans shouldn’t be optimistic about this guy.

The good news for Kesler is he came through the NCAA ( Ohio state if I recall ) IMO there's not a long list of players coming from Utica to Vcr. The best prospect chnace we have are likely Rathbone, Rafferty, Hoglander and Podkolzn. We should be hopeful of Lind but if we're brutally honest the odds are stacked against him. Tryamkin avoided the AHL for good reason. By the way Bouchard & Bailey weren't always 26 & 24 once they too were 21once upon a time. Bouchard has been waring Utica colours since 2016 and Bailey has already played for 2 NHL teams and played 63 games. It's fingers crossed time and again if we're honest Lind has a ways to go  

Yup, it's one thing to be a complete homer, but other posters don't have to swing to the far negative side of the scale to balance that out. Sure, improved play in the AHL proves very little in the NHL, but why not be hopeful even if you are being realistic? Lind is young and has made great strides so let's see what another year does.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The good news for Kesler is he came through the NCAA ( Ohio state if I recall ) IMO there's not a long list of players coming from Utica to Vcr. The best prospect chnace we have are likely Rathbone, Rafferty, Hoglander and Podkolzn. We should be hopeful of Lind but if we're brutally honest the odds are stacked against him. Tryamkin avoided the AHL for good reason. By the way Bouchard & Bailey weren't always 26 & 24 once they too were 21once upon a time. Bouchard has been waring Utica colours since 2016 and Bailey has already played for 2 NHL teams and played 63 games. It's fingers crossed time and again if we're honest Lind has a ways to go  

Kesler played one year in the NCAA. His time in the AHL was arguably more formative. In the end, the extra time was just that, time to develop. While there may be an as yet mentioned expiry date on Lind's NHL chances, there's plenty of time before that happens.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1