The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

12 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Lind has the size, skating and hands to be a top 6 guy.  

Hes been a legit scorer at every point in his career, and started showing those skills later last year in Utica.

Id like to see him dominate in Utica before being called up... but, is there even going to be minor league hockey this year?

Thats the big question, maybe thats why Jim hasn't signed any new forwards. The team might have to take a chance on Lind being with the big club rather than twiddle his thumbs possibly doing nothing with the AHL in a standstill. I really hope the team gives Lind or Bailey a look. Really love Justin Bailey's speed, that kid can skate

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Thats the big question, maybe thats why Jim hasn't signed any new forwards. The team might have to take a chance on Lind being with the big club rather than twiddle his thumbs possibly doing nothing with the AHL in a standstill. I really hope the team gives Lind or Bailey a look. Really love Justin Bailey's speed, that kid can skate

Not so much a kid. - just 3 months younger than Horvat at 25. (But yes, he can skate. Big body too - 6'4" and 214 lbs). Has played in 65 NHL games

Edited by Googlie

Happy birthday No. 13... KOLLLLLLEEE LIND! I was quite happy with his development compared to two years ago.

To hear some speculation that he might have been a piece going over to ARI in the OEL trade rumours gives the Canucks and Comets fans more hope that he will continue to (late) blossom into a Bottom-6 player for us in the future. The sky is the limit for Lind; go get 'em!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:44 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Kole Lind must be licking his chops this offseason.

With the Canucks losing out on Toffoli leaves a glaring spot beside Bo Horvat on the rightside.  I don't know if Kole Lind is ready for prime time, but if anything our lack of activity in FA so far has open a door for Kole Lind to potentially seize.  I hope he does.  i think his overall game would really benefit Bo.  Kole has the skill to get pucks on the sticks of players.  He also developed a really good gritty sandpaper game which allowed him to win a lot of puck battles and touches with the puck.

I was hoping in 2 years time he would be groomed for that position beside Bo, but seems like the future is now for the Canucks.

So many of our prospects have been a bit forgotten about Lind included because of the 3 years in a row of Calder finalists and guys like Podz and Hog getting the lions share of attention.

I think prospects Lind,  Uttinen, Woo, etc seem to be sluffed off because they are developing a little slower. 

I think Lind is especially valuable since his style lends itself to a 3rd or 4th line role, allowing him to be in Van and work his way up without being a hindrance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:05 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Yep, there are spots open for the young guys right now. Hogs, Podz and Lind all have the opportunity to seize spots this coming year.

Was looking at our Cap situation and we have about 20M coming off the books next year in UFAs. Assuming we don't resign any of them that likely leaves barely enough or not enough to sign Petey, Hughes and Demko.

8-10 for Petey/Hughes each and 3-6 for Demko depending on his performance this year.

Therefore, I definitely understand why Benning hasn't signed anyone currently and that leaves great opportunity for the kids.

Pretty sure Podz won't be here until NEXT year (not this coming season). Podz is on his last year of his contract.

Edited by Dazzle

On 10/17/2020 at 2:40 AM, Harvey Specter said:

Happy birthday No. 13... KOLLLLLLEEE LIND! I was quite happy with his development compared to two years ago.

To hear some speculation that he might have been a piece going over to ARI in the OEL trade rumours gives the Canucks and Comets fans more hope that he will continue to (late) blossom into a Bottom-6 player for us in the future. The sky is the limit for Lind; go get 'em!

it's funny we were willing to give up more for for OEL then Benning

rumoured from Arizona side

Canucks final offer

1st

2nd, 

Virtanen

Sutter

Canucks arm chair. 

One of Rathbone or Juolevi, 

Kole Lind

1st round pick

Brandon Sutter

Glad arizona turned down our reasonable offer. 

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

it's funny we were willing to give up more for for OEL then Benning

rumoured from Arizona side

Canucks final offer

1st

2nd, 

Virtanen

Sutter

Canucks arm chair. 

One of Rathbone or Juolevi, 

Kole Lind

1st round pick

Brandon Sutter

Glad arizona turned down our reasonable offer. 

Yeah, I’d much rather have Schmidt and those assets than make that trade for OEL.

Would still be nice to dump some salary, though.

EDIT: I still have to wonder why Benning is so dead set against using sweeteners to move bad contracts? With that package he was willing to spend on OEL, he’d probably have been able to dump both Sutter and Eriksson. $10M+ of cap space would sure be fun to spend in this buyer’s market. 

Could go shopping for some very reasonable UFAs.

Or just re-sign Gaudette, Leivo, and Virtanen, and then take Tyler Johnson off Tampa’s books and make them throw in Cal Foote for the privilege?

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

On 10/17/2020 at 7:28 PM, Dazzle said:

Pretty sure Podz won't be here until NEXT year (not this coming season). Podz is on his last year of his contract.

In a normal year, most teams in the KHL would have their season finish prior to the NHL playoffs (barring a deep playoff run of their own), and teams could sign a prospect and have them come over. Minnesota was planning on doing just that with Kaprisov, but COVID screwed up the timeline, and the NHL decided not to rewrite the rule for last season.

But next season? The NHL season will probably be only at the halfway point when the KHL has handed out their Cup.

I'm almost certain that Podkolzin will play NHL hockey this year. With that in mind, it makes sense that Benning didn't part with assets to force a deal to move cap for signing Toffoli. He can give a shot to the other guys, and if no one seizes it, plan B is ready for the 2nd half.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

maybe we can sign him late, and he can play his 7 games. this a real possibility, that i hope happens

With the KHL already in swing and no set start time, Podz could be here during the next season if it starts.  

Pretty sure his deal will be up in April.  He will be a welcome addition.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

With the KHL already in swing and no set start time, Podz could be here during the next season if it starts.  

im pretty excited  for the guy              

16 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I’d much rather have Schmidt and those assets than make that trade for OEL.

Would still be nice to dump some salary, though.

EDIT: I still have to wonder why Benning is so dead set against using sweeteners to move bad contracts? With that package he was willing to spend on OEL, he’d probably have been able to dump both Sutter and Eriksson. $10M+ of cap space would sure be fun to spend in this buyer’s market. 

Could go shopping for some very reasonable UFAs.

Or just re-sign Gaudette, Leivo, and Virtanen, and then take Tyler Johnson off Tampa’s books and make them throw in Cal Foote for the privilege?

So much fake news out there lately...  who knows what was offered.  

Benning gave up a lot of draft picks this year and wanted to recoup them before Covid threw him for a loop.  That's why he was so dead-set against moving any more picks.  If you look at the prices paid to dump salary, it was always a pick, or a prospect and a pick.  I don't think that anything short of an unprotected 1st rounder next year would let you get rid of Louie.  

IMO we're two years away from contending so there's no rush.  

4 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Isn't it a little optimistic he could slot in right away when he is getting healthy scratched on a non-NHL team?

• Cheers 1

I wonder if Lind feels, as many here seem to, that he has been kicked down the depth chart by the signing of Hawryluk? He was developing nicely in Utica, taking faceoffs, on the powerplay, killing penalties, and generally playing the pest role to perfection.  Unless Hawryluk is slated for Utica as a depth guy there.  As one poster said in the signings thread, he is an Ottawa reject, yet some see him as immediately cracking the 4th, or even the 3rd line.

Poor Lind.  Gets no respect when the new shiny toy arrives.  At least he can commiserate with Jasek and Bailey

Edited by Googlie

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I wonder if Lind feels, as many here seem to, that he has been kicked down the depth chart by the signing of Hawryluk? He was developing nicely in Utica, taking faceoffs, on the powerplay, killing penalties, and generally playing the pest role to perfection.  Unless Hawryluk is slated for Utica as a depth guy there.  As one poster said in the signings thread, he is an Ottawa reject, yet some see him as immediately cracking the 4th, or even the 3rd line.

Poor Lind.  Gets no respect when the new shiny toy arrives.  At least he can commiserate with Jasek and Bailey

if Lind, kills it in training camp, im sure benning and green will slot him in for some games and see how he does.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

if Lind, kills it in training camp, im sure benning and green will slot him in for some games and see how he does.

Yeah Green has a track record of rewarding guys who play well (Motte two years ago, Gaudette last year). 
If Lind plays himself into a spot, he’ll get one. 

If Lind plus we’ll he will get the spot. I wouldn’t put Hawryluk down as a sens reject, it’s a surprise they didn’t sign him. 

I view it as a good depth signing on a show me contract that may turn out to be the start of a new look bottom 6. 

Lind can still crack to line up and I don’t think this signing was about Lind at all, more looking 1-2 years down the line when Sutter, Beagle, LE, Rous etc are no longer on the books and trying to find their replacements which are cheaper depth players and not older vets

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Googlie said:

Lind is still young, Just coming up for 22 and probably quite high on the organisation chart. 

He was the last to be scratched for the play offs roster, so it looks like he was close in eyes of management.

I doubt Hawryluk being signed changes that. Changes are coming over the next 2 years, and everyone knows that...

Think it's important that all the prospects, including Hawryluk, Bailey, Jasek and Lind have competition to ensure they keep working hard for their opportunity.

• Cheers 1

• 3 months later...