The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

He's still on his entry level contract, which means we don't have to expose him. 

He is exposed and would need protection.  Players with more than 2 pro-seasons are exposed and this is his 3rd pro-season.

CapFriendly has an expansion simulator that lists the expansion status of each player for each team:

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, wildcam said:

I would trade Virtanen for Bennett so fast if I could....We really lack the gritty toughness that Bennett plays with, good 3rd line centre or plays wing, makes big hits, drops his gloves. We have MacEwen, Myers, Hamonic, really miss Ferland for this....Vancouver is soft and we must change this..

Tryamkin 6'8, 265 we need his toughness, teams would be aware when he is on the ice, Podkolzin 6'2 will also add toughness......

If he's so undesirable to you, why would Calgary want him? You have to think in Calgary's perspective now. Would you want Bennett for Boeser?

23 hours ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Big game coming up on Friday, Kole Lind about to prove himself at the centre ice position.  Will Kole Lind be the third line centre of the future for the Vancouver Canucks?  Will the Canucks end up protecting Kole Lind in the expansion draft?  I may be dreaming, I may just be hoping, but I'm thinking yes.

I'd protect Lind over Virtanen or Gaudette...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kole Lind is going to be an NHL player.  He will be better than either Gaudette or Virtanen in terms of a fit on the 3rd line.  He can play centre or right wing, can take faceoffs and has a good 200' game.  And he is a good skater who likes to get his nose dirty.  Good all around player and something we are missing right now on our 3rd line.

Virtanen easy because it would save us 2.55M

Gaudette's cheaper(950k) and a year younger.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Gaudette Contract is 950K.  

Virtanen Contract is 2.55M

Wasnt really comparing either with Lind but with each other. 

I see, gotcha. 

Gaudette doesn't really have much market value right now.  He's playing 3C which is probably his worst position.  He needs to go to a team that can play him in the top 6 or play him on the wing.  There is no fit with him in Vancouver unfortunately.  Same with Virtanen.  Not really a 3rd line guy as he's not good defensively and not a 4th line basher.  Both these players need to play in the top 6 to be effective.  Unfortunately for Vancouver their market value is at an all time low for both players.  I don't think we'd get more than a draft pick for either player.

At least Lind is the type of guy who can play a bottom 6 role and also play multiple positions.  I can see him on the 3rd line at either centre or right wing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I see, gotcha. 

Gaudette doesn't really have much market value right now.  He's playing 3C which is probably his worst position.  He needs to go to a team that can play him in the top 6 or play him on the wing.  There is no fit with him in Vancouver unfortunately.  Same with Virtanen.  Not really a 3rd line guy as he's not good defensively and not a 4th line basher.  Both these players need to play in the top 6 to be effective.  Unfortunately for Vancouver their market value is at an all time low for both players.  I don't think we'd get more than a draft pick for either player.

At least Lind is the type of guy who can play a bottom 6 role and also play multiple positions.  I can see him on the 3rd line at either centre or right wing.

I feel yeah.

I see Gaudette as cheap competition for a bottom 6 wing spot though. Competing with the likes of Mac/Hawryluk/Lind/Lockwood. The way I look at it the more guys we have competing for these spots the more likely people pan out. I'd be okay giving Gaudette another year if he's cheap again.

That said I wouldn't be upset if we moved Gaudette. Virtanen has had more chances than Gaudette though(Gaud has half the pro experience) so I am done with the rollercoaster ride. I have supported Virtanen long enough. His 2.55M could be spent elsewhere.

• Upvote 1