The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

It looks like the prospects have to play 27/54 games this year.  Juolevi (14), Chatfield(18), Mac(15) games remaining, so they will manage Chatfield and Mac's games remaining, so they can keep Mac exempt, but likely leave Chat unprotected.  All the others would have play 27 games to lose their exemptions.  At least that's how it appears to me.

This is not correct.  The requirement for expansion protection is 2 years of pro hockey, not games played.  Pro hockey includes the AHL.  So MacEwen, Juolevi and Chatfield all need to be protected.  Games played is for meeting the criteria of who is on your list.  So for example unless Chatfield plays in 27 games this year, we would need to expose either Schmidt or Myers to meet that requirement for defensemen.  We have several forwards who meet the requirement so we don't need to worry about that.

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is not correct.  The requirement for expansion protection is 2 years of pro hockey, not games played.  Pro hockey includes the AHL.  So MacEwen, Juolevi and Chatfield all need to be protected.  Games played is for meeting the criteria of who is on your list.  So for example unless Chatfield plays in 27 games this year, we would need to expose either Schmidt or Myers to meet that requirement for defensemen.  We have several forwards who meet the requirement so we don't need to worry about that.

Won’t Edler meet the requirements if we don’t protect him? Or Benn?

Edited by Ray_Cathode

25 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Won’t Edler meet the requirements if we don’t protect him? Or Benn?

Only if we re-sign them. They are both UFA’s at the end of the year.  Not sure Edler would re-sign and then agree to be left unprotected.  He will probably wait until after the draft before he decides what to do.  Benn is an option but if he doesn’t get selected then we are stuck with him for another year.  If Edler re-signs and Tryamkin comes over we could have too many Dmen under contract with Benn.  

On 2/18/2021 at 3:01 PM, aGENT said:

I believe Lind, Jasek and Gadjovich will all reach games played to be considered having had their third pro season.

No, I don't think so.  It's based on NHL games played not pro games.  Lind, Jasek and Gadjovich aren't eligible to be picked by Seattle so no worries about having them on the protected list.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, sockeye said:

No, I don't think so.  It's based on NHL games played not pro games.  Lind, Jasek and Gadjovich aren't eligible to be picked by Seattle so no worries about having them on the protected list.

No that’s incorrect. It’s based on pro seasons. All three of those players need protection.  Here is a list of players who don’t need protection from CapFriendly. 

B78A58F8-B7EA-4417-9599-B580E21B1CDD.png

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

At this point, I'm not making any rash decisions. This scenario will literally play itself out. There's still time to make those choices. And by the way, I am not a Gaudette hater. I want him to do well. If he deserves to be protected, so be it. 

I wouldn't be worried about Gaudette being taken even if he is exposed, even Lind. Theres going to be a lot of young players who are better, and have a higher pedigree that will be available. The Kraken aren't just going to draft a team full of young guys, theres going to be a handful of veterans, some 4-5 year guys that are established and consistently productive

20 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I wouldn't be worried about Gaudette being taken even if he is exposed, even Lind. Theres going to be a lot of young players who are better, and have a higher pedigree that will be available. The Kraken aren't just going to draft a team full of young guys, theres going to be a handful of veterans, some 4-5 year guys that are established and consistently productive

The problem is not about other teams, the problem will be who is available from our team. 

On 2/20/2021 at 9:21 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

The problem is not about other teams, the problem will be who is available from our team. 

Just out of interest where does Seattle draft at ? There was rumour that this years draft would be cancelled but what would happen to the expansion then?

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Just out of interest where does Seattle draft at ? There was rumour that this years draft would be cancelled but what would happen to the expansion then?

July 21, 2021 for the expansion draft. Cancelling the normal draft would be a big burden for Seattle because it could make it more difficult to trade with teams attempting to protect extra players by giving up draft picks. Las Vegas prospered enormously from that.

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The fact we’re worrying about losing a Kole Lind or an Adam Gaudette to expansion show just how lucky we are, at least when it comes to the expansion draft (it also exposed some of the roster weakness in Vancouver, but that’s another discussion). So many other teams are in much worse shape, and will risk losing valuable, core, or near-core, roster players. If losing Lind or Gauds is our worst case scenario, we should feel very lucky (and I’m a fan of both players).

Even the last expansion draft we were working about losing gaunce lol.

Pittsburgh lost Fleury!

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

July 21, 2021 for the expansion draft. Cancelling the normal draft would be a big burden for Seattle because it could make it more difficult to trade with teams attempting to protect extra players by giving up draft picks. Las Vegas prospered enormously from that.

Can you actually have the expansion without the amateur draft ?

16 hours ago, higgyfan said:

The amateur draft will be held on July 23–24, 2021

I heard a report from Bill Daly, with few CHL games being played they (NHL) were looking to combine the 21 & 22 draft together to allow teams to scout prospects ie no 21 draft

On 2/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The fact we’re worrying about losing a Kole Lind or an Adam Gaudette to expansion show just how lucky we are, at least when it comes to the expansion draft (it also exposes some of the roster weakness in Vancouver, but that’s another discussion). So many other teams are in much worse shape, and will risk losing valuable, core, or near-core, roster players. If losing Lind or Gauds is our worst case scenario, we should feel very lucky (and I’m a fan of both players).

You're so right about that, man we have been very lucky to not be in that position. Hell last expansion draft I was concerned about losing Brendan Gaunce....LOL

Its odd how this fanbase...even myself get so attached and hold each player as a sacred piece to this organization even when they in the big picture are likely not.  I guess just how things have gone with asset management with the past 3 regimes has me fearful of "what if".  Haha This was a good reminder for me.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

On 2/24/2021 at 1:11 PM, dpn1 said:

Looking forward to the Comet's game on Friday.  I think Kole could be playing effectively in Vancouver right now as a bottom 6 player because he really is looking good so far (only 2 games so far, Ha, Ha). B)

???

He has played 5 games, has 4 goals, no assists, and is -3