Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

On 3/17/2021 at 10:50 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Kole, like Woo, both tend to get lost over guys like Podz and Rathbone but I have a gut feeling Kole turns into a legit player for us. Moving him to C makes me think he's being groomed for 3c, we have the players now to build a really strong 3rd line that that can score and play a proper 3rd line role. Without adding anyone we have Lind, Motte, JV, AG, Gajovich, plus guys like Jayce, Rousell, Vesey, Pearson, tho I think we see 3 maybe all 4 moved on from.

That's a lot of cheap or elc contracts to inject into the bottom six and a more talented one offensively. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Kole, like Woo, both tend to get lost over guys like Podz and Rathbone but I have a gut feeling Kole turns into a legit player for us. Moving him to C makes me think he's being groomed for 3c, we have the players now to build a really strong 3rd line that that can score and play a proper 3rd line role. Without adding anyone we have Lind, Motte, JV, AG, Gajovich, plus guys like Jayce, Rousell, Vesey, Pearson, tho I think we see 3 maybe all 4 moved on from.

That's a lot of cheap or elc contracts to inject into the bottom six and a more talented one offensively. 

I don’t know about lost but the hype is different. They’re less flashy because podz looks to have a higher chance of being a top 6 and Rathbone a higher chance of being a top 4. Every prospect that makes it is awesome because it’s all part of the puzzle. So everybody I’m sure are still keeping on all Canucks property just posting less then they do about our high profile guys.
 

The Chicago Blackhawks during their run of championships! They had great drafting where they were able to lock in their top guys and when it came down to paying the help they were able to trade them for a good return and replace them within. That’s how I hope to see our team be like in the future.

Edited by flickyoursedin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lind drafted #33 overall.  Had 87 points in the WHL his draft year and 95 in D+1. In the AHL he has been progressing from.33 points per game in first year to .66 next to 1.0 in his third year (granted a small sample size of games so far this year).

 

Anyway the point is this guy has a very good chance of developing into an impact player in the NHL.  His ELC is up this year so next year he won't be able to be sent down without clearing waivers.  As such he likely gets a real look here next year.

 

JB.  Do not expose this guy to the Seattle ED! (Hate to lose someone like Mac but Lind may have some real future upside).

  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

we didn't draft him to think he had 3rd line potentials.  Our scouts should believed he has the potentials to be an offensive player. 

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

 

I see him as a potential Andrew Ladd type personally.

Edited by aGENT
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Wonder why Lind came to Vancouver and did the quarantine needed just to get a fractured nose looked at...

I can’t see any other reason why than they want him here for after the deadline.

 

Plenty of good doctors in the states. Makes no sense to have to go through quarantine unless you want him with the big club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Wonder why Lind came to Vancouver and did the quarantine needed just to get a fractured nose looked at...

It's possible that this is covering 2 things for the Canucks. Getting him looked at by a specialist, plus, if he gets cleared to play, he could be added to the Taxi squad and maybe get into a game or two for the Canucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I can’t see any other reason why than they want him here for after the deadline.

 

Plenty of good doctors in the states. Makes no sense to have to go through quarantine unless you want him with the big club.

Hope your right, that said we have a taxi squad of players we aren't using and are instead claiming Laff cast offs to ice instead. Sure hope we ship a few players out and see a player like Lind get some NHL games to end the year

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's possible that this is covering 2 things for the Canucks. Getting him looked at by a specialist, plus, if he gets cleared to play, he could be added to the Taxi squad and maybe get into a game or two for the Canucks.

Hopefully, rather see our prospects get some games vs Laff cast aways...

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Wonder why Lind came to Vancouver and did the quarantine needed just to get a fractured nose looked at...

Was there a tweet or something that he was in Vancouver? 

 

That would definitely be interesting and likely spell some actual moves coming towards the TDL...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Was there a tweet or something that he was in Vancouver? 

 

That would definitely be interesting and likely spell some actual moves coming towards the TDL...

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aGENT said:

Very interesting, thanks. Hopefully that means we see him get some games after the TDL.

That would be good to see before the end of the year.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...