The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

This guy is on our "must protect" list for the upcoming expansion draft...

I think that’s a given. If he’s exposed guess who Seattle is taking. 

Lind is going to be an important middle six guy for us. Could be our 3rd line center we are gonna need as early as next year 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I was yesterday years old when I discovered Lind was being groomed for a center position. Good news.

...though I wouldn't mind bringing him back one more year on a cheap contract while Lind makes his transition to the NHL. Even IF he got moved by deadline.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:02 PM, Outsiders said:

Yeah season is a write off now with 16 players in protocol. We are just way too far back. If the Canucks were smart they would do like you said, play the young guys to see if any are ready for next season when we will need cheap contracts. IMO Lind, Rathbone, Juolevi should play every game left this season. I'd even like to see Jasek and possibly Gadjovich get a hand full of games. 

I agree and I had been saying the samething for awhile now; ever since, the pretend playoff push was ended by the Habs & Jets and now, Covid has put the nail in the playoff coffin.   Time for JB to sell and Green to showcase the future (but he won't cause he doesn't like the unknown; good thing Hogz forced himself into the lineup otherwise, he too will be riding the press box bus with OJ).

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

and rathbone

Greener doesn't like to play the rookies too much so I would much rather Rathbone start his pro career playing 20+ in Utica. Plus we have OJ who already paid those dues and needs this sort of look. Rathbone would likely just sit in the taxi like he has already.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Can we turn Lind into a center now that Gaudette got the boot.

Knowing he Canucks Lind won't get a game and they'll ride Beagle and Sutter for that "playoff push" 

Honestly there is a good chance Lind does get some games out of the gate. One Sutter is sick still and Beagle is injured. Also they will both get hurt playing 19 games in 30 days.

With lind in next year good chance out team looks like this 

Miller Petey boeser

Pearson horvat hoglander 

Podjolzin Sutter(resign) virtanen 

Motte Beagle lind

Hughes myers

OJ schmidt

Rathbone hamonic

Not a tonne of experience on the left side but these guys can all skate. Minus beagle and sutter.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Greener doesn't like to play the rookies too much so I would much rather Rathbone start his pro career playing 20+ in Utica. Plus we have OJ who already paid those dues and needs this sort of look. Rathbone would likely just sit in the taxi like he has already.

I really hope we’re not having taxi squads and covid protocols next season, too. :(

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Miller Petey boeser

Pearson horvat hoglander 

Motte Beagle lind

Hughes myers

OJ schmidt

Rathbone hamonic

Not a tonne of experience on the left side but these guys can all skate. Minus beagle and sutter.

I dont think Lind displaces MacEwen,  assuming the latter isn't claimed by Seattle

30 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I dont think Lind displaces MacEwen,  assuming the latter isn't claimed by Seattle

Macewen is an ED casualty that I've never thought about. 

But I have to disagree with you about the first part. I think lind would displace him. Mac hasn't shown me anything to make me  believe hes nothing more than a tweener. Lind still has potential to be a middle 6 guy imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I don’t think we have both Sutter and beagle next year. I think it’s more likely we have neither and Miller moved to the 3C and replaced by Hoagy on line 1.

depending how Lind  looks down the stretch JB might allocate him a spot in the bottom 6 for next year. 

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Miller Petey boeser

Pearson horvat hoglander 

Motte Beagle lind

Hughes myers

OJ schmidt

Rathbone hamonic

Meh i dont think so. Most likely something like this

Miller-petey-Boeser

podz-Bo-Hog

pearson-Lind-Gadjovich

Motte-Boyd-Mcewen

Quinn-shmidt

myers-Trymakin 

Juoveli-Rathbone

Demko

Edited by Bertuzzipunch
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Knowing he Canucks Lind won't get a game and they'll ride Beagle and Sutter for that "playoff push" 

Honestly there is a good chance Lind does get some games out of the gate. One Sutter is sick still and Beagle is injured. Also they will both get hurt playing 19 games in 30 days.

Rumor is Beagle is out long term, possibly into next year.