Podkolzin/Hoglander - Horvat - lind / pearson / gadjovich 

Pearson/lind/gadjovich- Miller - Pearson/Lind/Gadjovich 

Motte - Sutter/Beagle/Highmore -Virtanen/Macewen/Vesey 

Jett Woo - Quinn Hughes 

Tyler Myers - Olli Juolevi 

Nikita tryamkin - jack rathbone 

Demko 

Dipietro 

Guess this would probably be in at least a couple years and not quite next year. But that has huge potential with centre depth of petterson horvat Miller and wingers for all 3 centers. (Hopefully lind and gadjovich turn out well, I think lind could make a complimentary winger for horvat maybe and pearson fills in sometimes. This would give miller Pearson and gadjovich as his wingers. (Miller would still play on the first unit powerplay)

Also that depth on D has huge potential as well 

I agree with the line-up change having Miller as the 3C.  If the Canucks make that change permanent, then it helps immensely with their line-up options.  The Lotto line has been great but Miller has shown that he can lead a line at C.  Pettersson has been great, no doubt, but the next step in his development is to be the #1C.

Podkolzin, assuming he pans out (which I think should be highly probable), is likely a good fit with Pettersson and Boeser as he's big, strong and relentless on the forecheck which will likely open up time and space for them.  He can finish too.

I suspect Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander will remain a line for awhile as they have been reasonably productive together notwithstanding the overall disappointing season.  I agree that Lind could get a chance on wing too.

The third line is definitely where things get interesting as the bottom 6 could be all over the place.  Motte's certain for next year (unless they trade him or expose and lose him in expansion).  Virtanen is likely unless the Canucks can move him.  MacEwen is likely unless he's moved, but he also hasn't found regular PT so I don't know if he'll be a regular.  Highmore is possible but I don't think we'll see him at C and he's going to have a lot of competition.  I would put Beagle as the incumbent 4C assuming his injury is not in fact a career ending one.  Sutter could be brought back but I would be hesitant to do so unless the cap hit is quite low.  Boyd and Vesey are also UFAs and I would be surprised to see him brought back.  I would be open to the Canucks bringing back Bailey and Hawryluk as depth also.

Of the potential incoming prospects, I think Lind has a very good chance of making the team with 3rd line minutes.  If Lind plays with Miller, then that could also be quite a productive line.  I would love to see Gadjovich get a chance also, but he has more competition than Lind, IMHO.  Jasek and Lockwood are also possible bottom 6 wingers that the Canucks could insert into the line-up in the next year or two.

I wonder if the Canucks could see Gadjovich's resurgence as competition for MacEwen's role with the team?  Gadjovich isn't as big as MacEwen but he's very strong and he's now proven to have found a scoring touch in the AHL.  If management thinks he might actually be close to NHL ready, then I could see him jumping up the depth chart at MacEwen's expense.

Whatever the case is, since this the Lind thread, I'm really looking forward to seeing if he gets much time in the line-up to close out the season.  Hoping that Lind can make the jump quickly and solidify a spot for himself next year.

11 minutes ago, cdgraham said:

I think the ideal line up either next year or year after would be 

Podkolzin/hoglander -petterson - boeser

Jett Woo - Quinn Hughes 

Demko 

Dipietro 

Guess this would probably be in at least a couple years and not quite next year. But that has huge potential with centre depth of petterson horvat Miller and wingers for all 3 centers. (Hopefully lind and gadjovich turn out well, I think lind could make a complimentary winger for horvat maybe and pearson fills in sometimes. This would give miller Pearson and gadjovich as his wingers. (Miller would still play on the first unit powerplay)

We are very likely to be in a spot that allows us to take one of Guenther, Beniers, Johnson, all talented forwards with decent size, who could likely step into a third line role as early as next season.  We could also take a D, but there are a ton of huge RHD in the 2nd/3rd round range.  If we can get a forward who can make an impact in short order, I'd be 100% good with that.  We have Hughes, Joulevi, Rathbone, Woo as young D in a year or two, so we can afford to take some time before adding more youth.

Let's say 2 years from now you have a top 9 of:

Hoglander-EP-Boeser

Podkolzin-Horvat-Kent Johnson (who would be my pick in the 7-10 range, unless Brandt Clarke is there)

Pearson-Miller-Lind

Lot's of flexibility there to roll 3 lines that can score

29 minutes ago, BCNate said:

We are very likely to be in a spot that allows us to take one of Guenther, Beniers, Johnson, all talented forwards with decent size, who could likely step into a third line role as early as next season.  We could also take a D, but there are a ton of huge RHD in the 2nd/3rd round range.  If we can get a forward who can make an impact in short order, I'd be 100% good with that.  We have Hughes, Joulevi, Rathbone, Woo as young D in a year or two, so we can afford to take some time before adding more youth.

Hoglander-EP-Boeser

Podkolzin-Horvat-Kent Johnson (who would be my pick in the 7-10 range, unless Brandt Clarke is there)

Pearson-Miller-Lind

Uhh funny you put our most productive player on the third line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

In two years.

Doesn’t mean he gets third line minutes either.  PK, PP time count as well.  Any team that wins rolls 3 lines that can score,  having 3 legit centres would be massive for us.

4 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I agree with the line-up change having Miller as the 3C.  If the Canucks make that change permanent, then it helps immensely with their line-up options.  The Lotto line has been great but Miller has shown that he can lead a line at C.  Pettersson has been great, no doubt, but the next step in his development is to be the #1C.

Podkolzin, assuming he pans out (which I think should be highly probable), is likely a good fit with Pettersson and Boeser as he's big, strong and relentless on the forecheck which will likely open up time and space for them.  He can finish too.

I suspect Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander will remain a line for awhile as they have been reasonably productive together notwithstanding the overall disappointing season.  I agree that Lind could get a chance on wing too.

The third line is definitely where things get interesting as the bottom 6 could be all over the place.  Motte's certain for next year (unless they trade him or expose and lose him in expansion).  Virtanen is likely unless the Canucks can move him.  MacEwen is likely unless he's moved, but he also hasn't found regular PT so I don't know if he'll be a regular.  Highmore is possible but I don't think we'll see him at C and he's going to have a lot of competition.  I would put Beagle as the incumbent 4C assuming his injury is not in fact a career ending one.  Sutter could be brought back but I would be hesitant to do so unless the cap hit is quite low.  Boyd and Vesey are also UFAs and I would be surprised to see him brought back.  I would be open to the Canucks bringing back Bailey and Hawryluk as depth also.

Of the potential incoming prospects, I think Lind has a very good chance of making the team with 3rd line minutes.  If Lind plays with Miller, then that could also be quite a productive line.  I would love to see Gadjovich get a chance also, but he has more competition than Lind, IMHO.  Jasek and Lockwood are also possible bottom 6 wingers that the Canucks could insert into the line-up in the next year or two.

I wonder if the Canucks could see Gadjovich's resurgence as competition for MacEwen's role with the team?  Gadjovich isn't as big as MacEwen but he's very strong and he's now proven to have found a scoring touch in the AHL.  If management thinks he might actually be close to NHL ready, then I could see him jumping up the depth chart at MacEwen's expense.

Whatever the case is, since this the Lind thread, I'm really looking forward to seeing if he gets much time in the line-up to close out the season.  Hoping that Lind can make the jump quickly and solidify a spot for himself next year.

Pretty much my thought process ya 

4 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

And first powerplay unit. Also if the "3rd line" was playing well in any given game they could get more 5 on 5 ice time then the other lines too. Just opens up flexibility. We would have 3 solid lines that have talent and a good 4th line too. Having centre depth of petterson miller horvat is Stanley cup caliber. All we need is some more wingers which might already be in the system (gadjovich and lind + podkolzin) 

Also could draft another this year maybe 

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

Hoglander-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Miller-Lind

True ya you can fit in whoever we draft this year if they pan out in the bottom 6 or even that last winger spot beside horvat in a couple years if they pan out 

6 hours ago, cdgraham said:

I think the ideal line up either next year or year after would be 

Podkolzin/hoglander -petterson - boeser

Jett Woo - Quinn Hughes 

Demko 

Dipietro 

hoglander petterson podkolzin - podkolzin plays right side and gives some sandpaper to that line, perhaps they need some mildly sheltered minutes though

pearson horvat boeser - can do everything that a coach could want, defend, score, attention to detail

gadjovich miller virtanen - big and able to score, perhaps virtanen finally gets it with miller in his ear 100% of the time, gadjovich planted in front of the net at all times

On 4/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, EternalCanuckFan said:

“Pettersson has been great, no doubt, but the next step in his development is to be the #1C.” 

Maybe before we anoint Pettersson 1C, maybe... we ought to pay attention to the fact that Miller has been the more complete centre, and that he has outscored Pettersson since he has been here. Then there is the fact the Pettersson has turned out to be pretty fragile.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 8:14 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

“Pettersson has been great, no doubt, but the next step in his development is to be the #1C.” 

Maybe before we anoint Pettersson 1C, maybe... we ought to pay attention to the fact that Miller has been the more complete centre, and that he has outscored Pettersson since he has been here. Then there is the fact the Pettersson has turned out to be pretty fragile.

Miller has done a great job at 1C and I agree that Pete has a ways to go before claiming the role completely.  Being 6 yrs older, JT has an advantage over Pete, who is in his early years of development.  Miller's game is very physical, but he backs it up with skill and rugged durability.  Pete's game is cerebral, which he backs up with elite vision and skill.  Miller is a high end NHL player, no doubt; but Pete is an elite HNL player, who may prove to be a franchise player.

I wouldn't say that Pete is 'fragile' at this point.  He took a nasty hit in his 1st season (which would have injured most 19 yr old players) and missed 11 games.  Looking at the roster for that year, only Bo and Loui played the entire season, while the rest of the players were under 70 games. 

In his second season, he played in all the games.

As we don't know what his injury is this (3rd) season, we can only speculate.  Most people are thinking it's a wrist injury, which can have various complications.  A lot of wrist injuries are a result of a slash from another player's stick.  If this is the case, you can hardly accuse him frailty.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Kole Lind has been activated onto the Canucks NHL roster, as per CapFriendly.

But, just remember, "Why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind"

Let's see what he's got and prove Benning right again! ;)

If he's every thing he  appears to be let's hope we can hide from the peering eyes of the Kraken, heck put him on LTIR if we could.  :)

On 4/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, kloubek said:

I was yesterday years old when I discovered Lind was being groomed for a center position. Good news.

...though I wouldn't mind bringing him back one more year on a cheap contract while Lind makes his transition to the NHL. Even IF he got moved by deadline.

Huh?

On 4/18/2021 at 8:14 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Your facts are Trumpien Bovin Scatatology....

• Haha 1