The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

10 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Your facts are Trumpien Bovin Scatatology....

Okay, let’s go with the facts: 

1: Miller has outscored Pettersson since he got here:

Miller GP: 109 Pts 95

Pettersson GP: 94 Pts 87

2: Pettersson hurt once more and currently out.

3: Pettersson is so weak on face offs that Miller takes most of them when he is on the same line as Pettersson.

4: Miller has the size and strength to match up against the leagues bigger, stronger centres.

So which fact did I get wrong?

As for your “Trumpien(sic) Bovin(sic) scatatology(sic)” you shouldn’t use words you can’t spell, much less understand. I think you meant ‘Trumpian bovine scatology” which would mean ‘Trump’s study of cow scat’ which doesn’t mean what you think it does, I think you meant Trumpian bullscat, not that Trump was making a study of cow manure, surely a task beyond Trump’s conceptual reach, but you were attempting to compare what I said with something that Trump made up.

Why bringing up Trump should bring extra weight to your comment, I have no idea - I have no love of Trump, but I despise people who lie for a living even more (which includes most people in the main stream media).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

3: Pettersson is so weak on face offs that Miller takes most of them when he is on the same line as Pettersson.

4: Miller has the size and strength to match up against the leagues bigger, stronger centres.

As for your “Trumpien(sic) Bovin(sic) scatatology(sic)” you shouldn’t use words you can’t spell, much less understand. I think you meant ‘Trumpian bovine scatology” which would mean ‘Trump’s study of cow scat’ which doesn’t mean what you think it does, I think you meant Trumpian bullscat, not that Trump was making a study of cow manure, surely a task beyond Trump’s conceptual reach, but you were attempting to compare what I said with something that Trump made up.

Why bringing up Trump should bring extra weight to your comment, I have no idea - I have no love of Trump, but I despise people who lie for a living even more (which includes most people in the main stream media).

You claim it's a fact that EP is "pretty fragile"  that is what I underlined in your original post ...so no need to ask what I bolded here...

As for grammer/spelling police...I think the same of them as I think of Trump...obnoxious bits of hater's...

EP has been targeted his whole time in the NHL because we have no tough guy...so he has to reverse hit guys  and such....

Just because he got slashed and it is taking some time to heal doesn't mean he is pretty fragile.

Your take is BS of the Trumpien kind or Trumpian kind ....take your pick and keep walking....

6 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

You claim it's a fact that EP is "pretty fragile"  that is what I underlined in your original post ...so no need to ask what I bolded here...

As for grammer/spelling police...I think the same of them as I think of Trump...obnoxious bits of hater's...

EP has been targeted his whole time in the NHL because we have no tough guy...so he has to reverse hit guys  and such....

Just because he got slashed and it is taking some time to heal doesn't mean he is pretty fragile.

Your take is BS of the Trumpien kind or Trumpian kind ....take your pick and keep walking....

You said, quote: “Your facts are Trumpien Bovin Scatatology....”

Note the ‘facts’ from your statement, then you assert that you only dispute one of the facts, not all of them as you previously stated, seems like your claim is a moving target. Okay, so you concede everything except my assertion that Pettersson is fragile. Well, he is out... again. You mention that he had no protection, okay, Miller and Horvat also lack protection, and you didn’t bring that up. Why not? Because they are more robust and able to protect themselves? But isn’t saying they are more robust the same as saying Pettersson is more fragile?

On 4/28/2021 at 7:42 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

1 petey has a better ppg average 2. injuries happen we need a enforcer to protect our stars   3. petey will get stronger on faceoffs hes very competitive 4. petey  plays center  millers his winger other than faceoffs and he does well at 200 ft game  miller on the other hand can be a liability in his end 

• RoughGame 1

Just now, UticaHockey said:

I came here expecting to see reactions to Kole Lind's first NHL game but instead found a discussion of Trump and cow scat.  :sadno:

So how did Lindsanity look?  I didn't watch the game.

Lindsanity.  I like that. 

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

I came here expecting to see reactions to Kole Lind's first NHL game but instead found a discussion of Trump and cow scat.  :sadno:

He was good, looked solid was trusted with a good chunk of ice time no points but that’s proxy of the entire team around him looking gassed

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i thought lind looked more like a top six player than any of the bottom six players. i'ld like to see him with bo and pearson next season.  will the canucks sign petey's brother. another top nine.

Maybe, i think id rather us go and try n pry boone jenner out of Columbus and have a 3rd line of pearson-Jenner-Lind with a top 6 of 

miller-petey-boeser

hög-Bo-Podz

Edited by Bertuzzipunch
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

He was good, looked solid was trusted with a good chunk of ice time no points but that’s proxy of the entire team around him looking gassed

The stats generally liked him too. 

None of the raw events rates numbers looked 

too great, due to the whole team getting buried, but Lind’s possession numbers were generally positive, relative to the team.

I think usage also reflected well on Lind, with Green giving him 17+ minutes in his NHL debut, and playing him without much in the way of sheltering, when it came to zonestarts and QoC.

Individually, Lind had the 2nd highest ixG (individual expected goals) on the Canucks (only JT Miller was higher). And Lind was actually responsible for about 85% of the team expected goals-for during minutes when he was on the ice (his teammates weren’t creating much of anything on their own, during Lind’s minutes, in terms of scoring chances or expected goals). Lind had 3 individual scoring chances, 2 of them high danger, and was credited with the only 5v5 rush attempt on the team.

He also added a hit and a key shot block.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Maybe, i think id rather us go and try n pry boone jenner out of Columbus

No thanks, A career minus player, whose offensive peak was 5 seasons ago; and now costs $3,750,000. per

Too much money for too little player, imo.

18 hours ago, canuktravella said:

1 petey has a better ppg average 2. injuries happen we need a enforcer to protect our stars   3. petey will get stronger on faceoffs hes very competitive 4. petey  plays center  millers his winger other than faceoffs and he does well at 200 ft game  miller on the other hand can be a liability in his end 

1. As I said, Petey is fragile. He has been out injured while Miller keeps playing.

2. The way the NHL is structured now, being an enforcer for Vancouver is a bad deal: you will get penalties you don’t deserve, the rotten end of every ‘even up’ call, you will be suspended when opponents all over the league are unpunished for the same thing (if they are on a privileged team - like Toronto).

3. There is no guarantee Pettersson will get stronger, in fact he was dismissive of exactly that when questioned about it. He will not get any better on the draw so long as he is a 6’2” 168 pound beanpole, weak on his backhand draw - which is why Miller takes his draws for him. In addition, there is no evidence that Pettersson is improving, in fact, quite the contrary.

4. As for Miller, he is no more of a liability in his own end than Pettersson’s physical weakness is - Pettersson is renowned for being unable to handle opponents driving to his net. He might be there to take his man, unfortunately, opponents brush Him off like he’s an annoying bug.

5. Already, Pettersson is nowhere near the player who broke in with ten goals in his first 10 games - one body slam by a d man and he is not the same player - he rarely challenges one on one anymore.

Unless Pettersson gets bigger and stronger, he will remain a third tier forward who will probably never become a complete centre.

35 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

1. As I said, Petey is fragile. He has been out injured while Miller keeps playing.

2. The way the NHL is structured now, being an enforcer for Vancouver is a bad deal: you will get penalties you don’t deserve, the rotten end of every ‘even up’ call, you will be suspended when opponents all over the league are unpunished for the same thing (if they are on a privileged team - like Toronto).

3. There is no guarantee Pettersson will get stronger, in fact he was dismissive of exactly that when questioned about it. He will not get any better on the draw so long as he is a 6’2” 168 pound beanpole, weak on his backhand draw - which is why Miller takes his draws for him. In addition, there is no evidence that Pettersson is improving, in fact, quite the contrary.

4. As for Miller, he is no more of a liability in his own end than Pettersson’s physical weakness is - Pettersson is renowned for being unable to handle opponents driving to his net. He might be there to take his man, unfortunately, opponents brush Him off like he’s an annoying bug.

5. Already, Pettersson is nowhere near the player who broke in with ten goals in his first 10 games - one body slam by a d man and he is not the same player - he rarely challenges one on one anymore.

Unless Pettersson gets bigger and stronger, he will remain a third tier forward who will probably never become a complete centre.

lol your out your mind  third tier lol  hes 22 and a ppg  you know hold old sedins were when they were a ppg 27  petey takes hard match ups and thrives in them he had more playoff points last yr than matthews had in 3 playoff attempts. and petey is plus 19 since being a canuck miller is plus 2 big difference  

13 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

He didn’t look out of place at all. He got lots of deserved ice time, fired a couple of quick shots, pressured the opposition and created at least one turnover on the forecheck.  

Really liked his debut.