The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

Lind is showing solid positioning. His physical game is decent as he wins his share of board battles. Plays well at both ends of the ice. Anxious to see Gadjovich. 

Canucks are starting to get hard to play against.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, Boudrias said:

Lind is showing solid positioning. His physical game is decent as he wins his share of board battles. Plays well at both ends of the ice. Anxious to see Gadjovich. 

Canucks are starting to get hard to play against.

He has been progressing nicely since his 1st year as a pro but I think he will see at least one more year in the AHL in Abby. He is only 22 and I think there is more to grow  in his game before joining the Canucks full time.

IMO; Lind Gadjovich and Jasek will most likely be the leaders on the farm team in Abby.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He has been progressing nicely since his 1st year as a pro but I think he will see at least one more year in the AHL in Abby. He is only 20 and I think there is more to grow  in his game before joining the Canucks full time.

IMO; Lind Gadjovich and Jasek will most likely be the leaders on the farm team in Abby.

Both players are 22 turning 23 this year. 

32 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

You are right.

My mistake... I have not updated my Canucks player spreadsheet in some time.

Its going to be a long offseason, hopefully both players put the work in and challenge for spots next year. Wont be the worst thing if they start in Utica though, although I believe both need to be protected in the ED.  

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Its going to be a long offseason, hopefully both players put the work in and challenge for spots next year. Wont be the worst thing if they start in Utica though, although I believe both need to be protected in the ED.  

That it is.

The forward players I have as protected on my list are : Boesser, Horvat, Miller, Pearson, Petey, Motte and Lind. Gadjovich and Jasek will not be protected IMO. On the D I have Myers, Schmidt and Juolevi.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:57 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

That it is.

The forward players I have as protected on my list are : Boesser, Horvat, Miller, Pearson, Petey, Motte and Lind. Gadjovich and Jasek will not be protected IMO. On the D I have Myers, Schmidt and Juolevi.

So 9 to protect with goalie ? 1 Petey --2. Horvat 3. Miller 4.Boeser  5.Pearson 6. Scmidt 7. Juolevi  8. Myers 9. Demko

Seattle will take Motte or MacEwen ?

I would protect Motte or Pearson? 

So now we try and trade Motte 25 speedy winger---

Dipietro 22 -- Future i bright but we have #1 Demko signed for 5 years .... Need good return for Dipietro no rush..

Virtanen -- Will be bought out money wise against cap smart move..

Russel - buy out or trade and retain 1.5 of his 3 million

Beagle ? Could on LTIR would be great for cap 3 million----- Beagle would be a good coach one day..

Holtby - ?

Erickson - AHL 

So if buy outs and LTIR we could have 13 million to spend after signing Hughes and Petey...

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

So 9 to protect with goalie ? 1 Petey --2. Horvat 3. Miller 4.Boeser  5.Pearson 6. Scmidt 7. Juolevi  8. Myers 9. Demko

Seattle will take Motte or MacEwen ?

I would protect Motte or Pearson? 

So now we try and trade Motte 25 speedy winger---

Dipietro 22 -- Future i bright but we have #1 Demko signed for 5 years .... Need good return for Dipietro no rush..

Virtanen -- Will be bought out money wise against cap smart move..

Russel - buy out or trade and retain 1.5 of his 3 million

Beagle ? Could on LTIR would be great for cap 3 million----- Beagle would be a good coach one day..

Holtby - ?

Erickson - AHL 

So if buy outs and LTIR we could have 13 million to spend after signing Hughes and Petey...

you get to protect 7 forwards, 3 D and 1 goalie, so 11 in total

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, MrCanuck94 said:

Initially assumed this was from today and thought, that’s kind ***tty of the Canucks, informing Lind’s agent two days after the lists were sent out and made public. Only thing worse would be to inform Lind he wasn’t protected after the expansion draft was completed. :lol:

(I know this was actually posted three days ago, just didn’t notice the date at first.)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Jasek went BYE BYE 

If you had bothered to look at the date when I made that post you would have realized that Jasek had not decided to play in Europe at the time of the post. Further to that end; he is still Canucks property till at least the 26th of this month and if the Canucks qualify him, he will remain Canucks property. His contract in Finland is for one year and maybe he returns and maybe not.

Best of luck Kole!!! Now I am going to really watch the progress of RHD prospect Kaeden Korczak of the VGK, the player who I really wanted and went right after Lind. Hope Lind can carve out some form of a NHL career to set him up for retirement a young age

Funny how fast things go, Utica's top five leading point getters are all gone, Lind, Bailey (likely to go unsigned), Baertschi, Goldobin, Jasek.

Sad to see Lind go because I do think he has the drive to get better and be an NHLer some day but I was having a tough time seeing where his fit was here.