The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Don't you see where your heading, the draft, the draft, the draft ad nausea. Here's anews flash there's more to being manager than the draft. We should judge a manager on success!!!  Success is the paramount judgement of a team ... succes. I'll eat my hat when JB is to be judged by his peeers to be the best GM in the league or win divisional, conference or league titles.

You'll have to eat your hat right now because he did get this..

Came 6th... With several first place votes...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Dazzle I'm tired of the excuses ad nausea and honestly I have other thing going on right now, hockey is down the list :picard:

The only excuse that I see is not seeing you eat a hat. You were the one who set the conditions. You had your own bias.

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Kole having a good year with the Firebirds .... 30 goals and 32 assists in 69 games, and feisty too (87 PIMs). I'm going to see him Wednesday in Firebirds last regular season home game

Best year yet for him. I do wonder if he'll ever make it in the NHL though. At 24, he's kind of starting to approach AHL star age instead of promising prospect stage.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was on the ice for all 3 Firebirds goals last night in their 3-2 third overtime period win over Calgary to go 2-1 up in the best of 5 series.  Lone assist in the O/T winner.

Crowd was announced at 8,532, so even with most of the Seattle/Vancouver/Calgary snowbirds back home they still drew a great crowd.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, Googlie said:

Was on the ice for all 3 Firebirds goals last night in their 3-2 third overtime period win over Calgary to go 2-1 up in the best of 5 series.  Lone assist in the O/T winner.

Crowd was announced at 8,532, so even with most of the Seattle/Vancouver/Calgary snowbirds back home they still drew a great crowd.

Now has 21 points in the playoffs. Will be a really interesting year for Lind next year.

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Now has 21 points in the playoffs. Will be a really interesting year for Lind next year.

Yeah. .. nice assist on the winning goal tonight.  He's turning into quite a playmaker these playoffs (7g, 14a) compared to almost even stats in the regular season (30g, 32a)

Will be interesting to see if he can do it in the NHL or if he's an AHL star. He's not super young at 24 (turning 25 near the start of the season), but is still young enough to develop. My money is on him at least having some spot duty as a bottom six winger in the NHL during his best years.

On 6/4/2023 at 2:18 AM, -AJ- said:

Will be interesting to see if he can do it in the NHL or if he's an AHL star. He's not super young at 24 (turning 25 near the start of the season), but is still young enough to develop. My money is on him at least having some spot duty as a bottom six winger in the NHL during his best years.

Probably a little unlucky to get picked in the expansion draft as Seattle is deeper than most teams and he’s probably at a level where he could make some nhl rosters.  

• 2 weeks later...

Down 3 games to 2, Lind with a PP goal to put CV up 4-2 after the second period.  Must win game for the Firebirds to stay alive.   This game, and next, are at home 

Edit: gets a second goal 4 mins into the 3rd to put the Birds up 5-2

Edit (2): Final score 5-2.  Lind the 1st star

Game 7 Wednesday evening

Edited by Googlie

• 2 months later...