The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think everybody does because there were a lot of people on these boards who wanted Glass at the 5th overall pick. Now we get to see a guy outplaying that guy that went 6th that we almost had with the guy we picked at 32.

I have a feeling Benning had him ranked quite a bit higher than 33rd. I remember in that draft clip when JB said that Lind was still available, it sounded like he was a slam dunk at 33rd, obviously no discussion necessary.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Interesting indeed! Perhaps 5 years from now another GM will be asking the question "why didn't we take Kole Lind?" 

its still very early but it has a bit of a feel like Boeser's draft position with Jim finding a guy that in hindsight should have gone 10 spots higher. I sure like the idea of Boeser, Lind and Jake as our RW depth moving forward. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its still very early but it has a bit of a feel like Boeser's draft position with Jim finding a guy that in hindsight should have gone 10 spots higher. I sure like the idea of Boeser, Lind and Jake as our RW depth moving forward. 

Boeser and Lind would look good on the top 6 and Lockwood on the 3rd line possibly. I've always believed that Virtanen is a left winger as he seems to play his best offensively on that side. With that said:

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser

Virtanen - Horvat - Lind

Goldobin - Gaudette - Lockwood

Gadjovich - MacEwen - Mackenzie

Future looks bright.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Boeser and Lind would look good on the top 6 and Lockwood on the 3rd line possibly. I've always believed that Virtanen is a left winger as he seems to play his best offensively on that side. With that said:

Virtanen - Horvat - Lind

Goldobin - Gaudette - Lockwood

Future looks bright.

yah that makes me thing Benning is going to go heavy on D next draft. 

You forgot about Gaunce, I think he's going to make a strong case for himself for a 3/4C spot too. 

21 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Virtanen - Horvat - Lind

Goldobin - Gaudette - Lockwood/Granlund

Future looks bright.

I personally see us bringing in a couple UFA veterans to anchor the bottom six or the 4th line to bring in more experiences to help this team win. As good as MacEwen looks, he is still a longshot from making the NHL. Mackenzie is also a long shot. And usually teams don't just have all 12 forwards out of players they drafted, and it's more likely to bring in some UFAs to play up and down the line up to bring some veteran guidance to a young line up (we may even see a UFA top 6 forward by the time we are contenders). I see Granlund remaining with the team because of his versatility. Lockwood would get a shot on either the 3rd or 4th line to start his career like Jannik Hansen. 

On defense, I think Del Zotto has a good chance of staying with the group when the rebuild is over. Tanev and Gudbranson would probably both going to be here. Tanev is by far our best defenseman currently, and by the time we are contenders, he should still be a good enough top 4 D man. It would be interesting to see if we end up with Dahlin (just dream big ::D) and see what we do with our LHD. Currently, Juolevi, Hutton, Pouliot and Briseboi are all LHD, if we end up with Dahlin (who is also a LHD), then Del Zotto might be the one to go and we will have to make a decision to keep one of Hutton and Pouliot as they both play a similar style game. 

• Upvote 4

The depth building in the org is reassuring. IMO MDZ is getting a critic pass because of his offence. I do not see him as long term. Hutton and Pouliot are interesting options. I am expecting Hutton to make big strides this year. Frankly I have not seen enough of Pouliot. I like his skating and first pass.  

8 hours ago, High and Inside said:

I was at the game and I thought Kole was outstanding. What really stands out for me his is skating and even though it's not the fastest it's a really smooth stride that changes gears effortlessly. His passing and shooting are equally good and should serve him well at the pro level. Didn't shy away from the physical side either as at the end of the first he flipped the puck up high on a Winterhawk and he got into with Glass and held

his own. All around it was a nice treat to watch tonight. 

He will be a force if he is able to add on more weight while still being a good skater.

10 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I personally see us bringing in a couple UFA veterans to anchor the bottom six or the 4th line to bring in more experiences to help this team win. As good as MacEwen looks, he is still a longshot from making the NHL. Mackenzie is also a long shot. And usually teams don't just have all 12 forwards out of players they drafted, and it's more likely to bring in some UFAs to play up and down the line up to bring some veteran guidance to a young line up (we may even see a UFA top 6 forward by the time we are contenders). I see Granlund remaining with the team because of his versatility. Lockwood would get a shot on either the 3rd or 4th line to start his career like Jannik Hansen. 

On defense, I think Del Zotto has a good chance of staying with the group when the rebuild is over. Tanev and Gudbranson would probably both going to be here. Tanev is by far our best defenseman currently, and by the time we are contenders, he should still be a good enough top 4 D man. It would be interesting to see if we end up with Dahlin (just dream big ::D) and see what we do with our LHD. Currently, Juolevi, Hutton, Pouliot and Briseboi are all LHD, if we end up with Dahlin (who is also a LHD), then Del Zotto might be the one to go and we will have to make a decision to keep one of Hutton and Pouliot as they both play a similar style game. 

Oh I definitely don't think that is the future roster, just showing the depth we have in our prospects. There are several others that I have left out that could be boom or bust also. But the fact that we could potentially ice a team of players we solely drafted speaks wonders of the improvement in drafting/prospect evaluation since Benning has arrived.

On the topic of defense, I think we will have someone pretty special in Chatfield. He won't be an elite dman, but I could see him in a pretty big role soon enough.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yah that makes me thing Benning is going to go heavy on D next draft. 

You forgot about Gaunce, I think he's going to make a strong case for himself for a 3/4C spot too. 

That's right, I knew I forgot someone. I agree so probably I'll change it to Gadjovich - Gaunce - MacEwen

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Jim may have never asked a more interesting question than "why hasn't anyone taken Kole Lind"? why didn't they? 

That was my favorite moment in the draft.

If Lind pans out like he's projecting in the dub then it'll be a legendary quote to keep in the vaults.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lind having himself another nice game. A goal and two assists in one period of play.

Creeping back to that 2 PPG mark.

I'm looking forward to watching him when Kelowna comes to town against the Royals.

Want to check out this Glass kid as well to see what all the hype was about.

The battle between Glass and Lind is completely made up by Canuck fans and is meaningless.  But it feels good that maybe we might get lucky every once in awhile.  Our drafting over the years has shown an almost complete lack of luck.  If Lind does better or even just as well this year it will just feel good.  Plus we still have Petersson who will be better than both of them imho.

• Upvote 3

I don't know if you can say the battle between Glass and Lind is meaningless. The fact that myself and most Canucks fans were lamenting not taking Glass in the draft cant be overlooked. Also watching this game live there was some animosity between the two.

But what I liked about Lind last night was his attitude. He was getting into it with other players and showing some pushback that we wish many of our top players had on the Canucks.

• Upvote 3