The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

20 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He was still eligible for the 2016 draft though. So my statement still stands.

I think his improved play is partially due to playing with Aleski Heponiemi, who was drafted in the 2nd round(40th) in 2017.

That said Steenbergen's best traits are his shot and skating so if he can build on that it could translate well pro.

I believe that Lind is a better prospect though. 

Unrelated to Lind, but when I saw Swift Currents roster I saw Artyom Minulin and I wondered who drafted him cause i seemed to remember his last name and to my surprise, he went undrafted despite posting 50 points (8g 42a) in 70GPS last year in his draft year. He was someone I wanted maybe with our 3rd round pick but damn i didn't expect him to be undrafted. 

Guy has 10 points in 13 gps, and he's 6'3 200lbs, right handed shot. Quite baffled really. 

28 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think his improved play is partially due to playing with Aleski Heponiemi, who was drafted in the 2nd round(40th) in 2017.

That said Steenbergen's best traits are his shot and skating so if he can build on that it could translate well pro.

I think one of the advantages of drafting Lind is that he can go straight to Utica next year which is good for his development. If he can keep playing the way he has, I'm thinking he'll make team canada for wj.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I think one of the advantages of drafting Lind is that he can go straight to Utica next year which is good for his development. If he can keep playing the way he has, I'm thinking he'll make team canada for wj.

I think that advantage also goes with drafting Gadjovich. Could you imagine Lind, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Dahlen and Juolevi all injected into that Utica lineup next year! I think as skinny as Pettersson is he probably still makes the team next year.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think that advantage also goes with drafting Gadjovich. Could you imagine Lind, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Dahlen and Juolevi all injected into that Utica lineup next year! I think as skinny as Pettersson is he probably still makes the team next year.

Palmu might even make it to Utica next year.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That's awesome!  

What's the Royals' arena like?  I've been through your beautiful city many times but never caught a sporting event there.

It's pretty good, about 8000 capacity and not a bad seat in the house. Food/drink is pretty average though.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Don't forget that guys like Juolevi and Dahlen might prefer to play in the SHL for personal reasons as well as developmental reasons.  

If you know that a company will hire you sooner or later, would you take an intern job in the middle of butt_*uck nowhere, working for a crappier company then you're working for now?  

However very excited with Lind, Gadjovich and Gaudette being on the cusp of making the Canucks through Utica! :)

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I watch a lot of Swift Current Bronco hockey and I can definitely say that Steenburgen is benefiting from Hepo and Gawdin. That line is WAY better than anyone else in the WHL right now. As far as his abilities on his own, he surprises with his ability to deke, protect the puck, and take quality shots from any angle. Most of his goals right now are coming from wicked passes from Heponiemi while he finds an opening in front of the net.

Their line is exactly what people talk about when they say they have players with different skillsets that compliment one another. Heponiemi is fancy, dangles and can always make space. Gawdin is more of a 2 way power forward and centres the line. Steenburgen is a fast shooter.

Keep in mind that the Broncos beat out the MJ Warriors and were up 3-0 on the Regina Pats last year's playoffs. Those were two of the top teams in the WHL. They did it mainly with scoring from these 3 against guys that were 1st round picks, they can play.

I honestly can't say whether Lind is a better prospect yet as I haven't seen him play, but in my opinion those 3 are the best players in the WHL right now.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?

5 hours ago, Odd. said:

Unrelated to Lind, but when I saw Swift Currents roster I saw Artyom Minulin and I wondered who drafted him cause i seemed to remember his last name and to my surprise, he went undrafted despite posting 50 points (8g 42a) in 70GPS last year in his draft year. He was someone I wanted maybe with our 3rd round pick but damn i didn't expect him to be undrafted. 

Guy has 10 points in 13 gps, and he's 6'3 200lbs, right handed shot. Quite baffled really. 

He had a good shot of being drafted but after the WHL playoffs last year a lot of teams lost interest. I watched every game of theirs during the playoffs and he was invisible. He has great IQ but has a weak shot and despite his size he can't hit or out muscle anyone. If he figures out the physical part of his game he'll be good but there's a good reason he wasn't drafted.

4 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

He had a good shot of being drafted but after the WHL playoffs last year a lot of teams lost interest. I watched every game of theirs during the playoffs and he was invisible. He has great IQ but has a weak shot and despite his size he can't hit or out muscle anyone. If he figures out the physical part of his game he'll be good but there's a good reason he wasn't drafted.

Yeah but dang, not even chosen in the 7th round.

On 02/11/2017 at 5:50 PM, MattJVD said:

It's pretty good, about 8000 capacity and not a bad seat in the house. Food/drink is pretty average though.

Wow, a relevant use to use the new beer me rep. I can second this though, no need to get food at the Save on Center. There is a ton of great food around Victoria.

• Cheers 1

On 2017/11/2 at 12:55 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

That's awesome!  

What's the Royals' arena like?  I've been through your beautiful city many times but never caught a sporting event there.

The arena is great! It's a great building, relatively new and got great views from the seats! The Royals are a very good team this season, although they lost the game against the Rockets tonight, but they showed a lot of poise with their play as a team. If you get a chance to visit next time, try and watch a game it's good place for some good hockey! They also recently brought in Dwayne Roloson as one of the assistant coaches this season!

57 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

The arena is great! It's a great building, relatively new and got great views from the seats! The Royals are a very good team this season, although they lost the game against the Rockets tonight, but they showed a lot of poise with their play as a team. If you get a chance to visit next time, try and watch a game it's good place for some good hockey! They also recently brought in Dwayne Roloson as one of the assistant coaches this season!

Rollie the Goalie!  Nice

Thanks for the recap of the game!

On 02/11/2017 at 2:46 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Steenbergen, Heponiemi and Gawdin are all playing for the raiders and are 1, 2 and 5 in league scoring.  When you get a lot of talent on one team/line, average players can seem much better on the stat sheet, just like playing on a line with McDavid in Junior can make you look much better than you really are (*cough* Dane Fox).  Need to add advanced stats and eye test for further evaluation.  Lind is the only Kelowna Rocket in the top 25 of WHL scoring so far this season and is driving the offence for that team.

• Upvote 1