The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

7 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Disputing almost every pick?  I have disputed ONE pick so keep the false accusations to yourself.

I'm not even gonna touch on the rest of this because it's impossible to dispute things reasonably with an absolute homer.  The fact that your post got as much support is just sad

Jesus thank you for proving that there still are some sane people in here.

Didn’t realize you were so religious... zealotry does seem to work for you. The reason I poke you on occasion is that you are close minded, cannot change a position no matter the evidence and will keep up the negative hate going even after positive events.  

I really should heed the advice of Mark Twain, “never argue with a fool, they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

EmW

4 hours ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

Right, so knowing what you do now, if you were Jim Benning and able to re draft while adding that 6th pick you'd take Lind over Glass. If that's truly the case I don't know how much weight your opinion holds while talking about prospects

He was using the ‘at this point in time’  

Lind has been very impressive, factoring hugely into his teams offence. Safe to say that the Rockets don’t have a lot of top flight forwards past Lind. At one point Lind was a factor in like 80% of the team’s goals scored. 

Lind is in a different role than Glass, I would think that Lind has shown to be a better talent than his draft spot indicated, have fun, enjoy the positive vibes and celebrate a great looking prospect.  Lind has all the harbingers of a top six talent for us in a few years. 

7 hours ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

So if you were Jim Benning and somehow added the number 6 pick to go along with Petterson you would draft Lind over Glass in that spot?

I'm not sure I would make that swap but at the same time maybe Glass was drafted a little high. He shot up the rankings over the course of his draft year and maybe he was slightly over rated. I'm very happy we chose Petterson over Glass forsure. Another thing is I believe if the draft was done all over again today many teams would select Lind in the first round and possibly top 15-20. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

No he's a lock.  Stop hating on our prospects 

Lol

1) How can you say he is a lock?  Based on what, are you Tom Renney and team Canada management?

Even Tim Hunter coach of the team WHL against Russia said this:

2) I'm not hating on Lind, where at any part did I start hating on Kole Lind?  I simply said that he has it in tough because the competition is fairly steep and there are some quality prospects there too.  Lots of those players bring the same things that Kole Lind does, so evidently for Kole Lind to get noticed not only will he have to be good offensively but he will need to be good in other areas.  

Its just the reality of the selection process and of this sport, that there are going to be tough decisions, Kole has played well so far, but will need to continue developing other areas of his game especially if you want to make team Canada.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Lol

1) How can you say he is a lock?  Based on what, are you Tom Renney and team Canada management?

2) I'm not hating on Lind, where at any part did I start hating on Kole Lind?  I simply said that he has it in tough because the competition is fairly steep and there are some quality prospects there too.  Lots of those players bring the same things that Kole Lind does, so evidently for Kole Lind to get noticed not only will he have to be good offensively but he will need to be good in other areas.  

Its just the reality of the selection process and of this sport, that there are going to be tough decisions, Kole has played well so far, but will need to continue developing other areas of his game especially if you want to make team Canada.

He's being sarcastic. Read half-way through page 31 till 33 and you'll understand why.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Lol

Hunter wouldn't know a talented player if he ate one.....Lind takes the puck away from the other team...so he doesn't have to play D.,...

Let the chips lay where they fall

Lind looks to have great offensive vision and hands.......that will be hard to ignore..............

If he makes it, he plays at a higher level and experiences a more intense brand of hockey

If he doesn't he sits back and figures out why he didn't......it's a growing thing, and works either way

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Hunter wouldn't know a talented player if he ate one.....Lind takes the puck away from the other team...so he doesn't have to play D.,...

Hunter wouldn't know a talented player, but you would? Haha. Your opinion couldn't mean less on the subject of hockey or anything hockey related. 

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I watched both games against the Russians. Hunter relyed on Lind a lot in both games. In the 2nd game he had Lind on his top offensive line. Hunter is a top coach IMO.  

• Upvote 1