The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

13 hours ago, Filthymitts32 said:

Ok, so kole had a meh game, I think he finished with two assists, the first he made a nice play off the wall in his own end to Kyle topping, who had a good game and is a "c" rated prospect for this year's draft, who chipped it for a partial breakaway and the guy sniped one. The second one was mostly a broken play someone banged home, the reason I say it was meh is because he made a lot of half hearted plays in both ends of the ice. Over passed a few times, would like to see him be more selfish once in awhile, has a great shot, I'm sure with a little more puck luck he would have two more assists and probably a goal though. 

Nolan Foote had an outstanding game, I think he had a goal and two helpers, but was creating all night, finishing checks and playing well defensively, his skating needs serious work however. 

One player who caught my eye on the rockets was a dman by the name of Kaden korczak, not sure on spelling, I believe he was the rockets first round pick last year, so probably not draft eligible until next year, but he was constantly moving up ice with the play, moving around in the offensive zone creating chances, think he had one assist but easily could have added two goals, smooth skater, and didn't shy away from playing the body in his zone, once he gets stronger he could be the next dman out of the factory in Kelowna. 

Anyway, well past my bed time, I wanted to be more in depth with my thoughts, but im lazy now. Also I know this is the Lind discussion so sorry for bringing up other guys! 

Thanks for the honest write up.  Nice to hear from people watching the games and watching without homer goggles on. From the little I've seen of Kole I noticed a lot of that kinda half hearted play as well. Just kinda giving up on the play if it doesn't go right, a little Goldobin esk. Great with the puck but needs to work on his intensity and play without it. 

46 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Thanks for the honest write up.  Nice to hear from people watching the games and watching without homer goggles on. From the little I've seen of Kole I noticed a lot of that kinda half hearted play as well. Just kinda giving up on the play if it doesn't go right, a little Goldobin esk. Great with the puck but needs to work on his intensity and play without it. 

I think it's more a consistency/confidence issue. Showing up and playing a dominant game every game can be tough at that age, especially when we know how good he can be. Being in the ahl will be great next year, too bad green isn't there though haha. 

2 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Ya man, like I said he easily could have had a few more points, his skills and vision with the puck are obvious, but I have noticed a few times watching him that he's inconsistent with his compete level, I've seen him be all over the ice finishing checks getting under everyone's skin I've even seen him drop the gloves, other times like last night, I've seen him do a lot of stick work and not take the body at all and seem disinterested. The encouraging part of that, he was still a noticeable player and created offensively despite maybe not giving it 100%. One thing I noticed last night I forgot to mention, he looked down at the puck a lot, I've never notice him do that before so I'm not sure why that was, but something I'm going to keep in mind next time I get to a game. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rekker said:

Love Lind and will support the future Canuck for sure.....but. Dam Timmons would of looked great in our prospect pool if he was still there. 

yeah if Timmons was still available I would have gone with him. Timmins is so good. Lind's good too!

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

On 2017-06-24 at 8:42 AM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Was at game, he plays as if he's trying to safely make it through the year(was similar to watching a beer league allstar)....just casually floats around stick off the ice and then occasionally offensively burst where he stands out from others. He got knocked on his butt by a 1 handed push which really sold me on the he's drafted and trying to not get destroyed showboating/infuriating other team so they run him.

Was definitely a target for hitmen to finish checks on.

Lots of heads up passes vs other players blindly throwing the puck like. Had a nice backhand no look pass in front of net, he looked back prior to the pass.

Edited by shad0w4life

I think Lind has a great chance to be a top player in Utica next year which would only help his development towards being a NHL regular one day and if you look back the Rockets have a great track record of developing players into the big leagues. Nick Merkley a teammate of Lind from last season is tearing it up in the AHL as a rookie and I feel like their trajectory is similar and if Lind has the same success Merkley is having it's going to tremendous for the Canucks. Both players were drafted very closely, their WHL numbers are close, developed by the same team and both had to deal with a disappointing cut from team Canada. Merkley did have a major injury to deal with in the junior leagues but Lind still out scored him over the full season at a younger age. im thrilled as a Canucks fan that we got Lind where we did because his future his bright. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kole Lind with 1 goal, 1 assist today. He now has 54 points (21 goals, 33 assists) in 32 games. He is also on a 10-game point streak.

His goal:

Don Taylor; ''Top shelf! Where yo momma keeps the peanut butter,,,"

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"...also while wearing Trevor Linden's old #16."

Don was a customer of mine once or twice.  16 or 19 years ago at the Hastings a-b Sound. 

His eyes always looked strangely Japanese, very mellow, laughed and joked around a lot...

I liked the guy!

• Cheers 2