The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

I don't know a lot about Lind but everything I've read and heard sounds great.  Sounds like he could be a lot like Burrows in his prime.  Fast physical player that drives the other team nuts and chips in decent offense.  Is that a decent comparison?

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely seems like pretty good odds we'll get some good NHLers out of this draft.

Both Lind and Gadjovich are great value at their draft positions.

And the numbers love these picks. Canucks Army's pGPS model has each of them with better than 40% chances of becoming NHL players with an average of over 40 points/82 NHL GP.

Lind and Gadjovich were also tied at 15th in SEAL adjusted* scoring rates among all 2017 draft eligibles: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dv7FLb8uIQ1r1KX454ZdcTd3ZRGtfe2RBb271y_PdI8/htmlview

And, of course, Pettersson is ranked 1st in SEAL adjusted points/GP.

Definitely nice to get three of the top-15 offensive producers in the draft (at least according to SEAL adjusted numbers) with picks 5, 33, and 55.

*Note: here's an article on SEAL adjusted numbers

that SEAL analysis is pretty loaded with assumptions.... but if its accurate, wow. Have they done any other draft years with this? I'd love to know where Boeser would land. 

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely seems like pretty good odds we'll get some good NHLers out of this draft.

Both Lind and Gadjovich are great value at their draft positions.

And the numbers love these picks. Canucks Army's pGPS model has each of them with better than 40% chances of becoming NHL players with an average of over 40 points/82 NHL GP.

Lind and Gadjovich were also tied at 15th in SEAL adjusted* scoring rates among all 2017 draft eligibles: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dv7FLb8uIQ1r1KX454ZdcTd3ZRGtfe2RBb271y_PdI8/htmlview

And, of course, Pettersson is ranked 1st in SEAL adjusted points/GP.

Definitely nice to get three of the top-15 offensive producers in the draft (at least according to SEAL adjusted numbers) with picks 5, 33, and 55.

*Note: here's an article on SEAL adjusted numbers

Considering the last couple of seasons the team was terrible at scoring any goals, this is a step in the right direction.

Someone who again can play the gritty game and will fill out in his frame eventually. If he can play center at times too that'll be a huge boost. Those are some big numbers from Lind and Gadjovich for guys who aren't skill-first wingers in junior which is pretty exciting.

I would have loved Hague, exactly what our defence needs right now though, but Lind isn't too bad.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Someone who again can play the gritty game and will fill out in his frame eventually. If he can play center at times too that'll be a huge boost. Those are some big numbers from Lind and Gadjovich for guys who aren't skill-first wingers in junior which is pretty exciting.

I would have loved Hague, exactly what our defence needs right now though, but Lind isn't too bad.

For me I thought that Hague had Dylan McIlrath, Jamie Olesiak written all over him, big man thats slow with a cannon of a shot, but with a slow lifespan in todays league. Was hoping for Timmins but Lind is a pretty damn good player.

4 hours ago, EagleShield said:

Due to his birthday, he only has to play one more year of junior before going to the AHL. Interesting that both 2nd rounders have that this year.

Did not know that. Very interesting if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, puckstopper35 said:

As someone who lives in Kelowna and saw Kole play live 20+ times last year I will say this: when they describe him as gritty it's more of an after the whistles aspect of his game, I would not describe him as a physical player. When they say greasy, they mean that a lot of his points are generated by banging in pucks 5 ft from the net (not necessarily a bad thing). So projections of this crash an bang style winger seem a bit outlandish to me. That said, he's a technically sound skater and solid in his own zone. For all of you saying he's got first line potential, I would be shocked. I always imagined him as a 3rd line player with 10-15G, 20-30pts a year. Not a bad pick by any means, but I would have perferred Hague or Boquist, players with a higher ceiling.

I think when people predict hopeful 'top 6' roles for guys like this, it's in a 'Burrows' role.

Complimentary guy who's probably more middle 6 on his own but can help out more skilled guys and spread out scoring etc. 

• Upvote 1