The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

On 1/4/2018 at 6:41 PM, RetroCanuck said:

So Ryan Biech mentioned on the radio today that Kole Lind only has 4 secondary assists this season... 4 out of 50... that is down right impressive and shows that he is driving the offence and not just tagging along with other good players. Truly excited about this guy and think he has a very high chance of making the bigs in 1-2 years.

very impressive indeed.

Also, Kole Lind's linemate Kyle Topping is eligible for this year's draft. Has 45 points (16g 29a) in 42gp so far. He's currently under the radar and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a 2nd rounder come draft day. I think we should snag him.

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

very impressive indeed.

Also, Kole Lind's linemate Kyle Topping is eligible for this year's draft. Has 45 points (16g 29a) in 42gp so far. He's currently under the radar and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a 2nd rounder come draft day. I think we should snag him.

From what Ive read on him he's more likely to be a 3rd/4th round pick. Might be a steal though considering how his point totals have had a massive jump this year. Also need to consider how inflated his numbers are by playing with Lind considering lind is driving the play and getting few secondary assists.

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

From what Ive read on him he's more likely to be a 3rd/4th round pick. Might be a steal though considering how his point totals have had a massive jump this year. Also need to consider how inflated his numbers are by playing with Lind considering lind is driving the play and getting few secondary assists.

Yeah, I'm thinking he'll still be available near the 3rd round, probably not the 4th round. He had pretty respectable numbers as a rookie last season basically 0.50 average. Definitely a player we should at least consider.

I'll be watching tonight's game. They verse the Giants.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Whatever, buddy. Whatever. :picard:

If I want to criticize a prospect or question his lack of production, that is my right. I happen to really like Lind but his goalscoring is tailing off a bit in my view. Disagree with me? That's fine. It's the condescending and confrontational way you come across in your disagreement. 

Nevertheless, have a nice day.

Yup, it is your right to criticize kids and make up illnesses for them.   It is a strange way to use such a right, at least in my opinion, but it is indeed your right.   Apparently pointing out that these kids are real people is condescending too.   Thanks for the lesson in rights and vocabulary.  :)

45 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yup, it is your right to criticize kids and make up illnesses for them.   It is a strange way to use such a right, at least in my opinion, but it is indeed your right.   Apparently pointing out that these kids are real people is condescending too.   Thanks for the lesson in rights and vocabulary.  :)

There you go. Have a nice day.

Topping has been very impressive in the few games I've watched this year, and it's not all because of Lind, he's had a few nights where he's had 1 point and topping has had 3 or 4. If he's around in the 4th I'd definitely take him, maybe even in the third. I think he's listed at 5'11, so not the biggest kid which could drop him a bit. Back to Lind, even though he's not scoring goals, he's getting a lot of primary assists which has always been his game, has great vision, but he does a lot of other things as well, has a "beast mode" like kesler and when he turns it on, those are the 4-5 point nights he has pretty regularly. Has an edge to his game when he's pissed off. 

1 hour ago, Filthymitts32 said:

Topping has been very impressive in the few games I've watched this year, and it's not all because of Lind, he's had a few nights where he's had 1 point and topping has had 3 or 4. If he's around in the 4th I'd definitely take him, maybe even in the third. I think he's listed at 5'11, so not the biggest kid which could drop him a bit. Back to Lind, even though he's not scoring goals, he's getting a lot of primary assists which has always been his game, has great vision, but he does a lot of other things as well, has a "beast mode" like kesler and when he turns it on, those are the 4-5 point nights he has pretty regularly. Has an edge to his game when he's pissed off. 

5'11 but he looks like a real stocky kid.

Kyle Topping behind the net working really hard got the puck to Lind who then fed Bruggen Cate just near the bottom of the hash-marks. 

Relatively quiet night for Lind so far 15 min into the 2nd period. Lind extends his point streak.

Edited by Odd.

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That is a pretty impressive statistic.   Gotta dig a bit but this tends to really transfer well to pro level point production.

My bad, I meant WHL*. still very impressive.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

My bad, I meant WHL*. still very impressive.

No worries, agreed still impressive.   WHL tends to be an odd league to compare to OHL and QM as stats don't seem to translate well between them in predicting talent - top forwards seem to become top forwards but Dmen not as much in terms of offense for some reason.   Same with goalies - OHL stars don't translate as well as WHL or QM ones.   Always exceptions but there is certainly some regional bias that isn't readily explainable.  

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No worries, agreed still impressive.   WHL tends to be an odd league to compare to OHL and QM as stats don't seem to translate well between them in predicting talent - top forwards seem to become top forwards but Dmen not as much in terms of offense for some reason.   Same with goalies - OHL stars don't translate as well as WHL or QM ones.   Always exceptions but there is certainly some regional bias that isn't readily explainable.  

FTR, it's really hard to keep track and compare points from the 3 leagues as the commentator who mentioned that stat said he didn't know where the source came from but just knows he's 3rd in the WHL in primary points. 

I assume he's somewhere in top 10 in the CHL  (primary points) as out of the 56 points that he has so far (in 34gp), all but 5 are primary.

Again, it's really hard to find advanced stats in the CHL.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

On 12/16/2017 at 3:16 PM, Time Lord said:

Why single out Dube of all people?

Dube made the team last year and did very well on the 4th line. That line was basically the life of the team whenever the other lines were struggling. This year, Dube is a returnee and a better player. No way was he going to be cut.

Team Canada obviously saw Lind as only a RW because that's where he played for them. And I guess they didn't want him in a bottom 6 role.

Wasn't Dube like an amazing player this year, I only watched 1 and 1/2 games tho,

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

With an assist today, he now has 56 points (21 goals, 35 assists) in 34 games.

I thought he was decent tonight. The Foote brothers were the best players out there though. Cal Foote was very mobile and quick on the back-end and Nolan played like your prototypical PWF.  His team had a real bad start and they were effectively shut down by the Giant's trap style of hockey.

Clearly Lind's playmaking ability is what really stands out from his game. It's nice to have a playmaker like Lind with goalscorers like Boeser, Pettersson, Gadjovich, Dahlen, etc. He's the clear play driver for Kelowna and is used in all situations.

On a side note, I also really liked Kyle Topping. Has good wheels and good hands, strong kid and was tremendous at winning board battles. Would like for us to snag him in the 3rd or 4th round come draft day. Putting up a PPG and you can make the argument that Topping's two-way game is whats helping Lind flourish. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1