The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

22 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Yes Lind is playing with so much confidence and great skill.  I look up game summary after every Rockets game.. This young man has gone crazy after being cut for World Jr team.. I can see Kole Lind starting on farm team next year and in 1-2 yrs he will be a top 9 forward for the Canucks..Very excited 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Yes Lind is playing with so much confidence and great skill.  I look up game summary after every Rockets game.. This young man has gone crazy after being cut for World Jr team.. I can see Kole Lind starting on farm team next year and in 1-2 yrs he will be a top 9 forward for the Canucks..Very excited 

Yes, exciting times ahead with the likes of Lind, Gadjovich, Pettersson Gaudette, Juolevi, Demko. 

12 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Does Lind not have one more kick at the Canadian Jr team next year in Vancouver?  If so why not leave him in jr. hockey for one more year?

He's too old to play in the World Juniors next year.

1 minute ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Can Lind go to Utica or does he have another full year in Junior? Same question for Gadjovich.

Both can play in the AHL next season. Actually they could get a few games in the  AHL this season if there respective seasons end early enough.

27 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Both can play in the AHL next season. Actually they could get a few games in the  AHL this season if there respective seasons end early enough.

I know that these guys can play in the AHL at the ends of their seasons this year but are you sure about playing in the AHL next year?

Usually CHL players still two years of junior after their draft season before being able to go to the AHL, either that or make the NHL outright.

3 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I know that these guys can play in the AHL at the ends of their seasons this year but are you sure about playing in the AHL next year?

Usually CHL players still two years of junior after their draft season before being able to go to the AHL, either that or make the NHL outright.

They are allowed because they turn 20 before Dec31st of that year.

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I agree that Gaudette and Juolevi with both make the Canucks next year... Really like how Juolevi is playing for his Finland club 17points in 25 games under the close coaching of Salo.. This Gaudette pick in the 5th round was a steel.. I think he will step right into NHL and play 3 and 4th line centre, so excited as he will add grit and talent only 21, 6'1, 195 lbs with lots of skill # 2 centre very soon..

Juolevi with match up with Tanev next season and turn into a #2 D man vey soon...

He won't be our #2 center ever, imo.  Horvat is our #2 but he isn't really a "proper" 1st line center.  That job I suspect will go to Pettersson, as I just don't see us moving him to the wing.

Anyway, I agree that Gaudette and Juolevi will likely both be ready to play on the Canucks next season - but is there going to be room for Gaudette?  Almost certainly if we don't re-sign the Sedins but if we do, I wonder if we might play him in the AHL for one season.

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

He won't be our #2 center ever, imo.  Horvat is our #2 but he isn't really a "proper" 1st line center.  That job I suspect will go to Pettersson, as I just don't see us moving him to the wing.

Anyway, I agree that Gaudette and Juolevi will likely both be ready to play on the Canucks next season - but is there going to be room for Gaudette?  Almost certainly if we don't re-sign the Sedins but if we do, I wonder if we might play him in the AHL for one season.

Horvat, Sedin, Sutter, Gaudette

Inevitably Sutter will get injured and Gaudette can move up. Starting as a 4th line center is a good spot for a guy like Gaudette. Get his feet wet in a sheltered role and move up as injuries happen.

3 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Horvat, Sedin, Sutter, Gaudette

Inevitably Sutter will get injured and Gaudette can move up. Starting as a 4th line center is a good spot for a guy like Gaudette. Get his feet wet in a sheltered role and move up as injuries happen.

Heh.  I agree there will be injuries and opportunities.  But to start, I actually see Benning re-signing Dowd for the 4th line role and seeing how Gaudette handles the AHL. There is no point in rushing him and shattering the confidence he has built so far. If he lights it up there, then I do see Green bringing him in for the 4th line center.

I see Gaudette possibly being good enough to be in the 3rd line center role pretty quickly.  That sure helps make Sutter and his 4m+ contract rather expendable.  Then we can continue with Dowd on the 4th line and trade Sutter, a roster defenseman and one of our several strong forward prospects in return for a young up and coming offensive defenseman.

I see a bit of Tyler Toffoli/wayne Simmonds in Lind. Skill and passing ability if Toffoli and the gritty

tenacious, and north-south game Simmonds has. 

Edited by Odd.

13 hours ago, Odd. said:

IMO Gaudette and Juolevi make the team next year. If Juolevi has an amazing camp he'll most definitely crack our defense.

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

I agree that Gaudette and Juolevi with both make the Canucks next year... Really like how Juolevi is playing for his Finland club 17points in 25 games under the close coaching of Salo.

Awful lot of bodies on that left side for OJ to get a spot. And no, he won't be kept up as 7th/8th D.

My guess is he starts in Utica, gets injury call ups and eventually gets called up full time closer to the TDL as we move vets out.

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Awful lot of bodies on that left side for OJ to get a spot. And no, he won't be kept up as 7th/8th D.

My guess is he starts in Utica, gets injury call ups and eventually gets called up full time closer to the TDL as we move vets out.

Like Pouliot, OJ can pivot well to either side - which means, like Tryamkin, he can play either side.

7 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Like Pouliot, OJ can pivot well to either side - which means, like Tryamkin, he can play either side.

Well we'll see what happens with Gudbranson here but Tanev, Gudbranson, Stecher isn't leaving a lot of room there either... And I'd wager they'd FAR prefer to have him break in to the league on his natural side.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I’d wager we don’t have three dmen better than Juolevi next year let alone three LD. He’s playing against men now and we don’t know the amount of offseason work he’ll put in. It’s up to him to put in the work and earn it. Can’t wait to see him in camp!