The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 minute ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I would try Virtanen on LW to utilize his strengths and to provide space for his more-skilled linemates like Horvat or Pettersson.

Virtanen is a bull puts his head down and charges he protects the puck better when he drives from the right side. They have tried exhaustively to use him on the LW he just doesn't seem comfortable there ends up chasing the play. 

24 minutes ago, hammertime said:

4th line Loui Sutter Gagner ftw

Gagner's gone year after next (if not sooner) at the TDL.

LE the following summer after his bonus is paid and Sutter the year after at the TDL (unless we re-sign Sutter as 4C).

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I would try Virtanen on LW to utilize his strengths and to provide space for his more-skilled linemates like Horvat or Pettersson.

I agree in the offensive zone he looks better on the left but in the d zone and neutral zone he looks much more comfortable on the right side 

Just now, R3aL said:

I agree in the offensive zone he looks better on the left but in the d zone and neutral zone he looks much more comfortable on the right side 

Defensive zone coverage, Jake is certainly better on the right side.  However, he's clearly his offense is better coming from the left side.  I think our nutral zone offense (regroup) is too static.  I'd love to see guys like Jake (who have great speed) be encouraged to cross the ice - right to left for him - to collect speed, and then get a pass from the D, while at speed.  I really think we are not utilizing Jake properly.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Defensive zone coverage, Jake is certainly better on the right side.  However, he's clearly his offense is better coming from the left side.  I think our nutral zone offense (regroup) is too static.  I'd love to see guys like Jake (who have great speed) be encouraged to cross the ice - right to left for him - to collect speed, and then get a pass from the D, while at speed.  I really think we are not utilizing Jake properly.  

53 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Neutral zone crossover.

Yea ew that would be ideal - and we shall see with jakey he's still young we gotta be patient with his style of play.

whereas Lind could make a splash earlier in his career! 

7 hours ago, Whorvat said:

I highly doubt Pettersson spends any time in Utica

I highly doubt Pettersson makes the NHL next year. So it's Utica or another year in Sweden. Canucks have indicated he'll be in North America next year so that leaves Utica. 

He's not making the NHL with his weight and strength. NHL is a different game than SEL and played on a smaller ice surface. He's not ready for the NHL. He'll definitely need time in the AHL. 

This is what Pettersson said him self just a couple of months ago. 

“My speed and my strength. I’m not the fastest player, and not the strongest, so I’m working on that: to become faster and stronger every single day,” said Pettersson. “I need to work on my puck protection more. Still I am losing some 50-50 battles, so yeah, protect the puck.”

If he feels that way playing in the SEL imagine what it'll be like in the NHL. There is no way he makes the NHL next year. So you take your pick, Utica or SEL> I say Utica. 

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I highly doubt Pettersson makes the NHL next year. So it's Utica or another year in Sweden. Canucks have indicated he'll be in North America next year so that leaves Utica. 

He's not making the NHL with his weight and strength. NHL is a different game than SEL and played on a smaller ice surface. He's not ready for the NHL. He'll definitely need time in the AHL. 

If he feels that way playing in the SEL imagine what it'll be like in the NHL. There is no way he makes the NHL next year. So you take your pick, Utica or SEL> I say Utica. 

I personally say that if he's not ready for the NHL another year in the SEL is the place for him.

If he's not fast enough or strong enough next season, the AHL isn't a much better place for him. That's a grinders league where you better be ready to take some physical punishment. Last thing we need is some AHL goon taking liberties with our star prospect in order to make a name for themselves.

Lots of great players have spent an extra year in the SEL and then stepped right into the NHL. The more important thing is just getting faster and stronger rather than whether he plays in the A or the Swedish league.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I personally say that if he's not ready for the NHL another year in the SEL is the place for him.

If he's not fast enough or strong enough next season, the AHL isn't a much better place for him. That's a grinders league where you better be ready to take some physical punishment. Last thing we need is some AHL goon taking liberties with our star prospect in order to make a name for themselves.

Lots of great players have spent an extra year in the SEL and then stepped right into the NHL. The more important thing is just getting faster and stronger rather than whether he plays in the A or the Swedish league.

I guess we'll see what happens but Canucks have indicated they'd like to see him in North America. 

I don't mind him in SEL to get stronger and heavier for another year. But at the same time he's going to have to learn the North American game so Utica might be best for him. You can't hide him, he's gonna have to deal with the physicality in the NHL so might as well get him over and see how he handles things and develops in the AHL for atleast one year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I guess we'll see what happens but Canucks have indicated they'd like to see him in North America. 

I don't mind him in SEL to get stronger and heavier for another year. But at the same time he's going to have to learn the North American game so Utica might be best for him. You can't hide him, he's gonna have to deal with the physicality in the NHL so might as well get him over and see how he handles things and develops in the AHL for atleast one year. 

I don't think it's hiding him necessarily. I think the only thing keeping him from being an NHLer is his speed and strength. if he isn't there yet then i don't think he'll fair much better in the A. I think that league can be even more physical than the NHL to be honest.

Lets just say he has a big summer ahead of him either way.

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He will play in the NHL next season.He may struggle at times, But we will all be pleasantly surprised at his uncanny ability to make plays in tight. On the big ice he takes the play to others, and seldom looks to hide. Just surprised anyone could feel one of the best SHL players will not make the NHL. He may be small but man he makes players around him better, and I've noticed his ability to make plays out of nothing is awesome. Pettersson was the steal of the draft. And I am betting a franchise forward for many years. As good as his shot is, its his ability to pass that scares goalies.

• Upvote 1