The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

21 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

None of those kids will be difference makers next year. Only Gaudette might make the team and he'll be learning the pro game for 2 or 3 years before becoming a difference maker. 

None of the rest will be with the Canucks. Petterson is the closest and he'll need at least one year in Utica. When he does make the Canucks even then he'll take a year or two to become a difference maker.Horvat is an example. He's great b ut look how long it took him to get here. 

Whatever are you talking about....It took Horvat no time at all to make the NHL...he had an injury induced conditioning stint after getting hurt as a 19 year old rookie....then the coach held him back from getting close to the 50 plus points he got last year...

...wait maybe he is good example ...for why EP and AG will need no time in the AHL next year....

8 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Whatever are you talking about....It took Horvat no time at all to make the NHL...he had an injury induced conditioning stint after getting hurt as a 19 year old rookie....then the coach held him back from getting close to the 50 plus points he got last year...

...wait maybe he is good example ...for why EP and AG will need no time in the AHL next year....

I'm talking about being a difference maker. Not to just make the NHL. That's what I'm talking about. 

To suggest Pettersson will come in to the NHL and be a 1C or 2C right away is unreasonable. He'll start as a wing and most likely not even be in the NHL next year. it takes time to learn the game and be a difference maker at the pro level. Unless your name is Crosby McDavid OV Mathews It takes time. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm talking about being a difference maker. Not to just make the NHL. That's what I'm talking about. 

To suggest Pettersson will come in to the NHL and be a 1C or 2C right away is unreasonable. He'll start as a wing and most likely not even be in the NHL next year. it takes time to learn the game and be a difference maker at the pro level. Unless your name is Crosby McDavid OV (Boeser) Mathews It takes time. 

FTFY

• Like 1

Came here from some Lind updates, not to be reminded of that Swedish anchor Eriksson who missed an open night last night and hasn't scored a PP goal in over a calendar year.  Great now I am talking about Eriksson, thanks a lot guys.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, cory40 said:

Just surprised anyone could feel one of the best SHL players will not make the NHL.

Why are you surprised?   A SHL MVP couldn't even make one of the worst clubs in the NHL.

There's no rush - this teams going nowhere fast for the time being - JB and his staff will make the right decision for his development.  

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Why are you surprised?   A SHL MVP couldn't even make one of the worst clubs in the NHL.

There's no rush - this teams going nowhere fast for the time being - JB and his staff will make the right decision for his development.  

The SHL player in question was injured and never really regained his form

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

To suggest Pettersson will come in to the NHL and be a 1C or 2C right away is unreasonable. He'll start as a wing and most likely not even be in the NHL next year. it takes time to learn the game and be a difference maker at the pro level. Unless your name is Crosby McDavid OV Mathews It takes time. 

EP is every bit as good as Nico H. from New Jersey....NH has been a difference maker for NJ all year...I do agree that he probably starts on wing with BB and Bo....if he does he will be a difference maker ....big time....right away...

34 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP is every bit as good as Nico H. from New Jersey....NH has been a difference maker for NJ all year...I do agree that he probably starts on wing with BB and Bo....if he does he will be a difference maker ....big time....right away...

Nico isn’t that big either. 

Find a few heavy weight wingers and let him get adjusted.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Actually I think he starts on the wing but in a more sheltered role, likely with Sutter... unless we have an influx and Sutter has his hands full with others.  Then it's all up to him, like how Brock got up to the first line in short order.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Actually I think he starts on the wing but in a more sheltered role, likely with Sutter... unless we have an influx and Sutter has his hands full with others.  Then it's all up to him, like how Brock got up to the first line in short order.

I'd imagine they'd likely continue to use Sutter in a match up role with some of our better defensive/2way forwards (Granlund, Eriksson, Gaunce etc).

Agreed he likely starts at W and likely further down the lineup (at least to start and assuming he makes the club). We'll have to see who his C will be. Could be Henrik (if they're back), Gagner,  perhaps even Gaudette or some as yet to be acquired player. Should be an interesting camp.

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

EP only makes the team if he has someone to pass the puck too....Sutter isn't going to do it, but Horvat or Gaudette would do it....it is probably too much to have 2 rookies on the same line ...the only other possible is if Zack can make the jump and play center:

Still 2 rookies but on the 4th line for a week or 2 ( until EP forces his way up the lineup)

EP / MacEwen / Jake ...or     EP / Gaunce / MacEwen  ....either way is a 4th line that can score...but only until EP joins the big boys.

I suppose the Sedins on the 3rd line is an option for EP as well.

Lind may be an option in a year or 2...Kole's drive will carry him a long way.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP / MacEwen / Jake ...or     EP / Gaunce / MacEwen  ....either way is a 4th line that can score...but only until EP joins the big boys.

Awful youthful and inexperienced, doubt Green goes that route as they're a potential disaster waiting to happen.  Need at LEAST one solid vet on there, even if it's Eriksson, but more likely a C, even Granlund maybe although he's better on the wing as well.

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

I seriously doubt they will put a player in whom they want to cultivate offence on a line where offence goes to die.  In addition, Sutter’s role has been entirely defensive, which means playing against the other teams best offensive line - that would hardly be 

‘sheltering’ Pettersson’.

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Awful youthful and inexperienced, doubt Green goes that route as they're a potential disaster waiting to happen.  Need at LEAST one solid vet on there, even if it's Eriksson, but more likely a C, even Granlund maybe although he's better on the wing as well.

Do you mean as opposed to the disaster that is already happening? N/it arguing for that particular line though.

38 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Do you mean as opposed to the disaster that is already happening? N/it arguing for that particular line though.

Irrelevant.  Putting two very young rookies plus another inexperienced player on a line is a recipe for trouble, something very unlikely to happen aside from when they already have decently-developed two-way games.  Coaches won't do that unless there are no other alternatives.