The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

4 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

This does not look good....

While I applaud the hell out of that dman for throwing the body, if that isn't the definition of vulnerable I don't know what is

Kole's a tough kid.  He's been hit harder by bigger this year

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

While I applaud the hell out of that dman for throwing the body, if that isn't the definition of vulnerable I don't know what is

In fairness..I think it's a hard, well-timed, textbook hit. Didn't seem to target the head.

Cut into the middle(with toe-drags) & eventually you hit such a wall.

Hope our guy's okay.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

are you being serious?  You don't skate through there, with the puck, with your head down.  Hope he's ok

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NotJaredMcCann said:

Just for comparison sake, I took a look at the deeper numbers Lind (75 pts in 46) is putting up compared to Aleksi Heponiemi (96 pts in 42 gms). The results were quite surprising. Here's how they stack up (all stats taken from http://prospect-stats.com/):

5a81ebff11a68_LindvsHeponiemi.thumb.png.e7b0e312117e4323d94a923217d7307a.png

Also of note:

• Lind is leading the whole WHL in even strength primary points (goal and first assist) per 60 minutes at 3.61. The next highest is over-aged Braydon Burke at 3.4.
  • His stat line at even strength reads 15(G)- 27(A1) - 3(A2) - 45(P)
  • His stat line in all situations is 29(G) - 38(A1) - 8(A2) - 75(P)
  • He's 3rd in the league in primary points per game (1.46) in all-situations trailing only Heponiemi (1.52) and over-aged Jayden Halbgewachs (1.46).

To summarize: Lind is having a freakin' amazing year.

Side note to all people who love following prospects: http://prospect-stats.com/ is an amazing website if you are interested in in-depth stats for players in the CHL, USHL and AHL I don't remember how I first got there, but I was lucky to stumble on it last year, and I saw on twitter that they had added this years stats.

Add to this Heponiemi’s team has 3 guys in the top 7 in WHL scoring in Gawdin, Heponiemi and Steenbergen. I can’t quote to how much Heponiemi actually plays with these guys but pre WJC he was a fixture on a line with Steenbergen. Linds season is quite remarkable stacked up to anybody in the WHL even before you account for the guys Lind plays with compared to his peers!