The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

Watched a lot of this guy in Kelowna this year. I thought he would have been a dark horse to leap into the top 15 with how wide open the draft was. A lot of really average C's displaced a really good Right Shot RW'r. I would have thrown rocks at my house if we woulda skipped him. 

• Upvote 1

If there are no injuries and he doesn't make the WJC team, I can see Lind scoring 100 points this year. The Canucks haven't had a prospect score at least 100 points in major junior since Brandon Reid did it back in 2000-2001. 

Edited by pluralsight

On 7/5/2017 at 5:36 PM, Burnt Gravy said:

Watched a lot of this guy in Kelowna this year. I thought he would have been a dark horse to leap into the top 15 with how wide open the draft was. A lot of really average C's displaced a really good Right Shot RW'r. I would have thrown rocks at my house if we woulda skipped him. 

On 7/8/2017 at 1:35 AM, canucksfan555 said:

being a rockets fan, i was beyond elated when Lind got drafted by Vancouver. .. he easily was one of the best Rockets last year and can;t wait to see how he grows in the future!

Will be great having you two giving us 1st hand info on how Cole is doing this season!

I've read that one of his best qualities is his high IQ and that he is very trainable.  He takes information in and quickly adapts his game (his development has and should continue to be improve each year).

I was surprised to learn that he is quite the hitter and forechecker as well.

Great news. Linds best quality I can see is his hockey sense, he's always in good position to unleash his deceptive shot. This Could be the most fun WJC for Canucks fans in recent memory if Lind , Jonah and Petterson all make their respective teams. Gunnerson could make Sweden as well right? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Update: Hockey Canada has officially announced that Kole Lind has been invited to the development camp

This confirms what I posted on draft day - all lists I had seen showed him a lock to be an invite and even penciled into the top 9 already - e.g. he has a spot to lose.   

25 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Great news. Linds best quality I can see is his hockey sense, he's always in good position to unleash his deceptive shot. This Could be the most fun WJC for Canucks fans in recent memory if Lind , Jonah and Petterson all make their respective teams. Gunnerson could make Sweden as well right? 

Gunnarsson will be too old to play in the world juniors this season. He played for Sweden last season though.

Add Dipietro to the list of possible players. He'll likely challenge Carter Hart for the net.

Edited by DeNiro

19 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I think Gunnerson is too old. You forgot to mention Juolevi. Lockwood also has a chance to make the U.S. team. And I expect Di Pietro to make the Canadian team.

Could be the best Canuck showing at the WJC in, like, forever.

On 7/9/2017 at 11:26 AM, pluralsight said:

If there are no injuries and he doesn't make the WJC team, I can see Lind scoring 100 points this year. The Canucks haven't had a prospect score at least 100 points in major junior since Brandon Reid did it back in 2000-2001. 

The great Dane Fox did it while he was signed to us.