The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Thanks a good write up. It's interesting to note the effect of Covid had on him and I suspect many others too

For sure.  I think some fans have been minimizing the effect it has had on these players.  I'm sure a few of them are still feeling the results of having the virus.

He said, “It took a long time for me to start feeling back to normal again… My body was achy and sore for a few weeks after, but I’m starting to feel more like myself.”

• Like 1

Could have five NHL players from the 2017 draft.  Benning and the scouts are very good.

• The Vancouver Canucks made eight selections in the 2017 NHL Draft. ...
  • Round 1, 5th overall: C Elias Pettersson. ...
  • Round 2, 33rd overall: RW Kole Lind. ...
  • Round 2, 55th overall: LW Jonah Gadjovich. ...
  • Round 3, 64th overall: G Michael DiPietro. ...
  • Round 4, 95th overall: D Jack Rathbone. ...
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Could have five NHL players from the 2017 draft.  Benning and the scouts are very good.

• The Vancouver Canucks made eight selections in the 2017 NHL Draft. ...
  • Round 1, 5th overall: C Elias Pettersson. ...
  • Round 2, 33rd overall: RW Kole Lind. ...
  • Round 2, 55th overall: LW Jonah Gadjovich. ...
  • Round 3, 64th overall: G Michael DiPietro. ...
  • Round 4, 95th overall: D Jack Rathbone. ...

but but but... we need to fire Benning /s

• Cheers 1

The 2017 draft is shaping up to be one of the best ever for the Canucks. Gadjovich would be icing on the cake if he pans out. 

Lots of talk of him being a 4th line grinder. I’m thinking he’s gonna be more than that. His game will translate well to the NHL and we could see him on Petey’s wing getting the dirty goals in front of the net and also protecting our star player. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The 2017 draft is shaping up to be one of the best ever for the Canucks. Gadjovich would be icing on the cake if he pans out. 

Lots of talk of him being a 4th line grinder. I’m thinking he’s gonna be more than that. His game will translate well to the NHL and we could see him on Petey’s wing getting the dirty goals in front of the net and also protecting our star player. 

I like Patric Hornqvist as a comparable.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I see him as a bottom six guy who can contribute on the 2nd unit PP. If anything, we need more depth on the PP and he'll be welcomed for that regard.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

11 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I like Patric Hornqvist as a comparable.

I always like Hornqvist.  He works so hard, gets in front of the net and he can score.  Hornqvist earns his paycheck.  Imagine Loui having the drive of Hornqvist.

Gadjovic is meaner and will fight.  This man earns his paycheck.

Gadjovich was a man among boys in Junior Hockey.  Will he be leader of men in the NHL?  Todd B. light?  We will find out in the next 2-3 years.   

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I would think that he will get one or two practices in with the team before being put in. I think tomorrow or Thursday.

The silver lining for me of having so many starters out and playoff chances dropping to zero is the chance to see how some of our prospects are developing.  So far Rathbone looks great.  Lind is playing and not looking bad, but needs to adjust a bit to the higher level of the NHL.  It will be interesting to see how Gadjovich works out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

The silver lining for me of having so many starters out and playoff chances dropping to zero is the chance to see how some of our prospects are developing.  So far Rathbone looks great.  Lind is playing and not looking bad, but needs to adjust a bit to the higher level of the NHL.  It will be interesting to see how Gadjovich works out.

And, Lockwood is joining the team, is in Vancouver now, quarantining. Is supposed to join the team in Vancouver on Saturday when they return.

It was pretty crazy listening to broadcasters talking about how empty the Canucks prospect pool is a few games ago. It's not that the pool is empty, it's that they are all in Utica and not easy to access them without them going through quarantine.

Looking forward to seeing some more of them play to close out the season.

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, aGENT said:

I think it's more that we're running low on top flight, blue chip guys (they've mostly graduated) and the media/some fans are now translating it to 'crappy prospect pool'.

But we're chock a block full of support/depth guys like Gadjovich, Lockwood, Lind, Focht, Karlsson, Costmar, McDonagh etc. And it looks like we should get another decent guy or two this draft.

This is what happens when you draft well and the blue chip guys all graduate though... Lol

Podz and likely Woo will be more than support players. Is Rathbone old news since he is a 3 game vet? Woo is having a great season for a AHL rookie. 

42 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Podz and likely Woo will be more than support players. Is Rathbone old news since he is a 3 game vet? Woo is having a great season for a AHL rookie. 

Exactly. But apparently, to some, our prospect pool is garbage.