The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

He reminds me of a Todd Burtuzi, Milan Lucic type player. IF he can be the top 6 power left winger this team needs that would be huge. One could justify a line of 

Gadjovich Pettersson Dahlen

Granlund Horvat Boesser

Virtanen Gaudette Lind 

McEwan McKenzie Lockwood

• Upvote 2

I don't think we will have to worry about his skating, since he seems to always be in the right spot at the right time. Very good positionally. Plus, at the 3:15 Mark in the highlight video he blew by their D while shorthanded and scored a beauty. I like this guy a lot. 

When I saw the picture all I thought was "Could he score".

Stats say HELL YES!

Then read the rest? Damn, this guy could totally bomb. But the ceiling?  

The thought brings a tear to my eyes. Not sure it exists. Bertuzzi with a brain.

Dare to dream.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

He reminds me of a Todd Burtuzi, Milan Lucic type player. IF he can be the top 6 power left winger this team needs that would be huge. One could justify a line of 

Gadjovich Pettersson Dahlen

Granlund Horvat Boesser

Virtanen Gaudette Lind 

McEwan McKenzie Lockwood

Take Horvat, Granlund and likely Boesser out and you have a beautiful AHL team there.......

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

The more I think about this pick, the more I love it. drafting 2 'power forwards' in the 2nd round just did wonders solidifying some size and toughness into a prospect pool that was finally developing some skill but lacked some hard nosed physicality. Guys like Virtanen, Lind, Gadjovich, and even Lockwood can hopefully supply some much need sandpaper to this future lineup. 

The future is starting to look bright here, it's amazing how different our prospect cupboard looks after just a few years on Benning compared to when he got here.

This is the team Benning envisioned building when he took over, skill and grit, man that's a good prospect pool.  Will only add to it with a high pick again next year, oh and Jim please don't throw away picks in next years draft.  Please.

Love this pick, I was disappointed we didn't get Robertson or Ratcliffe but when Gadjovich was announced as our pick I kind of forgot he was still out there.  He has the skill and shot on top of being big and nasty.  He will provide the grit to our skilled forwards and will benefit from playing with either Pettersson or Horvat.  Horvat must be loving the picks this weekend.

34 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Take Horvat, Granlund and likely Boesser out and you have a beautiful AHL team there.......

I agree, when these guys are all playing together in Utica we will have an awesome team. I also project most of them to be good NHL players 

So the legacy of Tortorella's disastrous season in Vancouver is the pick that selects Jonah Gadjovich.  If this kid fulfils his potential then the fans in this town will want to erect a statue to Torts for sucking so much that he was sacked and picked up by CBJ.   Thank you Torts, thank you Columbus.