The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I don't think we will have to worry about his skating, since he seems to always be in the right spot at the right time. Very good positionally. Plus, at the 3:15 Mark in the highlight video he blew by their D while shorthanded and scored a beauty. I like this guy a lot. 

Good players know their deficiencies (which he does) and work their ass off to get them to a level their happy with.  He seems like that type of person.  Im really happy with this pick!

• Upvote 1

Not a guy who can elevate other guys around him, but he is a perfect winger for a smaller skilled playmaking center( Pettersson ? ) He is a guy who is great as a complimentary winger who drives to the net, goes to the dirty areas and finishes the play/ cleans up the garbage.

Guy has a knack for finishing and a has a real passion for hockey.

• Upvote 2

If he makes it, it'll probably be as a physical specimen along the boards and in front of the net. The kind of player that's just a nightmare to play against. 

He played on a very good Owen Sound team, so those goal totals should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Sazuki was the driver of that line. That doesn't mean he can't be a useful player for us in the future though. 

Not every big power forward can excel playing with skill guys. You still need the mind to get to the right spots and have a good understanding of what your teammates are trying to do. 

I guarantee you that he created space for Suzuki and Palmu to succeed, that they otherwise wouldn't have had. 

Edited by Derp...
  • Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Well, we have a few "skill guys" of our own. If this guy can score a boatload of goals playing with Suzuki, why wouldn't he be able to playing with Pettersson, Dahlen, Goldobin, Horvat, or Boeser?

He just needs to be able to catch up with them on the transition, and park himself in front on the powerplay.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Makes me happy that he's actively trying to improve his skating. No reason to think that he can't.

Agreed, most people have said technically he doesn't have a bad stride, just needs to work on perfecting the little things, and building explosiveness.

Kind of reminds me of Gaunce in that way actually. Never had a bad stride just didn't have quick feet. If people want to be optimistic, his draft season and size make him a 92-93% match to Jeff Carter and Dave Andreychuk. 

2 hours ago, BananaMash said:

He looks 35 and interviews like he's 35.

Was thinking the exact same thing watching that interview, especially after just watching Lind do his. Guy has more facial than I do hahaha. 

All in all looks to be a pretty sokid draft. If Bennings eye for catching potential NHLers in later rounds continues, we can look forward to a few of these players in the bigs in the next couple years. 

This yet again is another solid nab by Benning. Yeah played on a line with Suzuki but he sort of is like Pettersson where he makes everyone better. Plays with an edge, knows how to put away chances, tall frame, has some nice chemistry with Palmu. We could potentially have 3 solid lines with chemistry (Baer - Bo - Boeser, Dahlen - Pettersson - Goldobin, Gadjovich - Palmu - Lind, projections) . I like that  Benning has been nailing his picks this draft. Quite impressive haul

Looking back at previous drafts this guy was easily a first round talent in a few years.

Very similar numbers to Nick Ritchie in his draft year. If he was slightly faster, and a bit better of a passer I would say he could have gone top 20.

I'm certain he will be able to work on those skills, before hitting the NHL, and as such probably has a similar opportunity to play a role like Ritchie does for the Ducks right now.

74th all time in goals for a season for a u19 player in the OHL. I mean this guy scored more goals per game than Anthony Mantha in his draft year.

His line next year could be one of the best in the CHL.