The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

4 hours ago, danaimo said:

My main concern is that he is able to plant himself in front of goalies and feed off the scraps.  It is one thing to do that in Junior.  Defencemen in the NHL will not make quite so easy for him.  

If he occupies a couple D men it'll open up the ice for our smaller skill forwards

Perfect pick for the perfect type of player, and surprisingly good junior offensive numbers. THIS is where we should be picking big, strong gritty wingers, not with the 6th overall picks. Love what Benning did here to complement our skilled guys, we could certainly use more of this - big strong guys who are net front presences who can still score over a PPG at junior. It's a big surprise he was still on the board.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Virtanen is a team guy but your right he's not a leader at all...

A friend of mine saw him buying beer pong supplies at Walmart, he's taking his off season very serious it seems

• Upvote 1

Watch Horvat's speed during his draft year and what it is now. Holy smokes. I must have heard it on the radio or read somewhere that the Canucks' seeked out his trainer in regards to his regimen. 

From what I've read he demonstrates a lot of qualities that Horvat has. Good head on his shoulders, high character individual and self motivated. Put this guy on the program asap. Nice piece to have in your lineup; put him with the skill guys to protect them or with someone like Virtanen and have them bowl people over. 

Well done GMJB, Well done 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Darius71 said:

The kid likes to hang around the goal front

screen-shot-2017-06-24-at-11-36-18-am.pn

Wont be as easy to punish NHL D the way he does, but damn this guy is definitely one of my favourite prospects. 

If he pans out this guy could do wonders for the Canucks powerplay, could be a Kesler esque guy in front of the net and corners.

2 hours ago, NHL'er said:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2175611 

Great reviews about Jonah on HF boards. Love it. 

Pretty high reviews of the Canucks draft in its entirety over there. I'd say most HFBoarders gave it a B+ grade or better. Which says a lot, given the general tone on those boards.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Will see how he does at camp this year, but he could be nearly NHL ready.  Would not be surprised to see him make the roster in 2018.  Then people will forget about Tkachuk... maybe.

Very much need a net-front presence and a guy who enjoys physical contact, to complement the danglers.  Excellent with tip-ins, deflections, and rebounds.

55 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Will see how he does at camp this year, but he could be nearly NHL ready.  Would not be surprised to see him make the roster in 2018.  Then people will forget about Tkachuk... maybe.

Very much need a net-front presence and a guy who enjoys physical contact, to complement the danglers.  Excellent with tip-ins, deflections, and rebounds.

He will most likely see the ahl for a bit first. The speed is an issue, but I'm hopeful. Would love to see him with the Canucks soon! 

• Upvote 1

If he can skate well and keep up, he'll be a regular in the lineup. We seriously lack this sort of grit and size right now, especially in our bottom-6. That being said I'd hate to rush Gadjovich because he seems like a Kassian/Virtanen like project with a bit more offensive upside to be honest. 

Get him playing in the AHL first for at least a full season before being an injury call up, but he'd be one of the first.