The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

4 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Top 9??

What Are You Talkin About Toddler GIF - WhatAreYouTalkinAbout What Toddler  - Discover & Share GIFs

How 'bout top 6?!!:lol:

Honestly, I think we need to move Hoglander to LW. Not a fan of him on the right. And with Miller glued to Petey's wing that doesn't leave many spots for Gadjovich in the top 6. Even if the notion was realistic. Lol. I felt generous slotting him into our top 9 right now.

• Like 1

Always thought he was a great Burrows-type pick but he had a quiet few years, now it looks like he's finally got his scoring touch again. I hope he impresses next season in training camp because there'll be lots of bottom-9 openings available I'm sure.

The way this season is going, might as well start auditions now and basically treat the rest of this crap-shoot as a training camp. Gadjovich deserves a look after his play but no point bringing him up just to play 3 minutes and sit on the bench.

• Vintage 1

On 2/18/2021 at 8:29 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

And I don't think they're related so much to his brain, as they are to his heart.  

The passion comes from the heart. 

Smyl for example. 

The brain and heart need to be in sync. 

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Always thought he was a great Burrows-type pick but he had a quiet few years, now it looks like he's finally got his scoring touch again. I hope he impresses next season in training camp because there'll be lots of bottom-9 openings available I'm sure.

The way this season is going, might as well start auditions now and basically treat the rest of this crap-shoot as a training camp. Gadjovich deserves a look after his play but no point bringing him up just to play 3 minutes and sit on the bench.

Burrows wasn't a pick, he was an undrafted FA, where as Gadjovich was a 2nd round pick.

I was hoping he'd develop a little quicker, but it's not all that surprising that he hasn't. Because it usually takes guys a little while to get acclimated and establish themselves coming out of junior hockey. It's pretty rare to see a kid come in out of juniors and not go through a huge adjustment and learning curve, especially guys whose skating is an issue.

I'd love to see a bottom 6 containing both Gadjovich and MacEwen in the lineup in the coming years. Two guys who are physical, work hard, have good hands and who don't mind using those hands for not just scoring.

• Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

& everyone questions the mediocrity we've had taking up bottom-6 slots(in recent yrs).

But they bought us time. It's great we haven't had to rush many of these young fwds, who would've wound up damaged & discarded, cannon fodder.

Well put. That’s a great perspective. It’s easy to get lost in all the junk talk right now with the way things are going. Bottom 6 is gonna look empty over the next couple years as these contracts expire. Gonna need a couple guys, hopefully Gadj is one

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, warrchief said:

Jonah is really on a mission to improve. Maybe he can train with Bo's power skating coach, since she did wonders for Bo's skating.

I can see why Judd and Weisbrod were very high on him when we drafted him.

He certainly would fill a need on the roster, so it's up to him. Quickness which is his deficiency is of course not just physical it's the mental ability to react, some are just slower to process the game, I don't believe you can teach that skill

31 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

He certainly would fill a need on the roster, so it's up to him. Quickness which is his deficiency is of course not just physical it's the mental ability to react, some are just slower to process the game, I don't believe you can teach that skill

I don't he processes the game slowly, he is certainly a wizard in front or crashing the net. I think you need some quick thinking to do that. Foot speed was always his knock on him I believe, not so much the other.

• Upvote 1