The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

55 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

High key worried Seattle might take this guy or Lind. 

Wait we have to expose Gadjovich too? 

Man we can’t afford to lose him or Lind we don’t have enough good prospects.

Id rather expose some veterans.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Maybe one of them. But that’s a lot better than what other teams stand to lose. 

This is because Benning is gonna protect Pearson.......... 

1) Horvat 
2) Miller 
3) Petey 
4) Boeser 

5) Motte 

6) Pearson

7) Lind 

Bye bye gajd. Unlikely they pick Holtby or Myers.. 

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

1) Horvat 
2) Miller 
3) Petey 
4) Boeser 

5) Motte 

6) Pearson

7) Lind 

I would not protect Motte and Lind over Gadjovich, and too bad a no trade protects Pearson - the fact that he is overpaid in his new Sutter-like, Beagle-like, Roussel-like contract protects the Canucks from having Pearson poached.

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

1) Horvat 
2) Miller 
3) Petey 
4) Boeser 

5) Motte 

6) Pearson

7) Lind 

I protect Gadjovich over Motte to be honest.

Probably not a popular opinion but it would be insane to give away Gadjovich not knowing his full upside. We know what we’re giving away with Motte at least. He’s a great bottom 6 guy but not irreplaceable.

Expose Motte, Myers, and Holtby and hope they need a goalie.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Probably not a popular opinion but it would be insane to give away Gadjovich not knowing his full upside. We know what we’re giving away with Motte at least. He’s a great bottom 6 guy but not irreplaceable.

Agreed tbh. Motte is a fantastic bottom six guy, but there's the chance Gadjovich could be more than that. Or a solid bottom six guy in his own right. 

Though I'd be fine exposing Pearson too. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I would not protect Motte and Lind over Gadjovich, and too bad a no trade protects Pearson - the fact that he is overpaid in his new Sutter-like, Beagle-like, Roussel-like contract protects the Canucks from having Pearson poached.

A no trade does not protect Pearson only a no movement. He has apparently been told by Benning that with his extension the team intends to protect him. I agree with your list, my protection for forward would be:

Pettersson 

Boeser

Miller

Horvat

Pearson (not my choice but apparently we are)

Lind

Gadjovich

Virtanen and Motte would be the prime targets for forwards but hopefully they go with Holtby as he is one of the better (by reputation at least) goalies that would be exposed and able to handle a starter role

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Agreed tbh. Motte is a fantastic bottom six guy, but there's the chance Gadjovich could be more than that. Or a solid bottom six guy in his own right. 

Though I'd be fine exposing Pearson too. 

Pearson will be protected apparently.

But if they don’t plan on using a spot for Gadjovich they better trade him before the draft, or make a deal with Seattle to take Holtby.

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Benning likes Motter I think? 

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

High key worried Seattle might take this guy or Lind. 

It really all depends what Seattle's philosophy is. Considering that Vegas had such a wide range of players to pick from that were of quality, they went the route of win now and compete. Looking at their picks, they chose mainly established NHLers and the few prospects that they did choose were highly prized ones that couldnt be protected like Leipsic, and Pulkinnen.

Additionally a huge part is that Jonah will be an RFA this coming summer for the expansion draft. As per expansion rules, of the 30 players picked, 20 must be signed through 2021-2022, leaving space to select only 10 RFA or UFA contracts in the expansion. Considering looking at the list of players from teams there will be a lot of RFA options who are better players than Gadjovich, I'd think Seattle would rather use those 10 slots of them instead of Gadjovich. However, they would have to like Gadjovich A LOT to use him in the 10 RFA slots.

I would think Seattle would likely want a team that is ready to go and get a lot of W's to start off especially being a new franchise, they want to grab the fans attention right away, I'd fully expect they will go for cheap proven NHL talent. At this point I think I am more worried about losing MacEwen or Motte potentially.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

A no trade does not protect Pearson only a no movement. He has apparently been told by Benning that with his extension the team intends to protect him. I agree with your list, my protection for forward would be:

Pettersson 

Boeser

Miller

Horvat

Pearson (not my choice but apparently we are)

Lind

Gadjovich

Virtanen and Motte would be the prime targets for forwards but hopefully they go with Holtby as he is one of the better (by reputation at least) goalies that would be exposed and able to handle a starter role

The fact Virtanen’s new contract will overpay him in the coming year will help to protect him. It might be worth surrendering a mid round pick to protect Motte.