The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

On 4/22/2021 at 1:05 AM, filthycanuck said:

Holtby having a strong ending to the season wouldn't hurt, its his contract that is attractive. I don't think the Kraken will find a goalie under 32 on a ONE year deal making under 4.5 million that has a vezina and stanley cup ring. Some people are saying they could take Price or MAF, they both have massive contracts. Kraken can easily take Holtby as their starter or backup to a young goalie thats exposed.

Having only one year left is also attractive for a vezina Stanley cup winning goalie, because they will soon have the cap freedom and choice to either sign him again for less or move on. I see them taking Holts.

Pretty excited to see Gadj progressing so nicely. He was injured for a lot longer than we were told, I think. I remember seeing him here in Victoria at training camp and he looked to me like he was trying to hide a limp while he walked. Now that he's healed, he's starting to show us what he can do. I sure hope he doesn't get taken by the Kraken, because he might turn into yet another great supporting cast member like Hogs, Podz, and Lind. 

#hirebenning

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

A big guy who can bang and score would be a welcomed addition to the Canucks down the stretch and into 2021-22.  Fingers crossed that he is either protected or if left unprotected Gadjovich is not taken in the Expansion Draft so that we can see him don the #21 jersey sooner than later.

2 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

A big guy who can bang and score would be a welcomed addition to the Canucks down the stretch and into 2021-22.  Fingers crossed that he is either protected or if left unprotected Gadjovich is not taken in the Expansion Draft so that we can see him don the #21 jersey sooner than later.

Gadjovich not as effective since Rathbone moved up. Gadjovich made a living smacking in rebounds from Rathbone shots.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Gadjovich not as effective since Rathbone moved up. Gadjovich made a living smacking in rebounds from Rathbone shots.

Makes sense. Rathbone was averaging 4 shots on goal per game in the AHL, and even more shot attempts, which is some serious volume shooting.

And Rathbone’s timing and placement is high level, so he creates a lot of chances for rebounds and deflections, which is where Gadjovich is at his best, as a goal scorer.

Gadjovich also said in that interview above that defenders had started overplaying him, because of the success he was having scoring goals, which may also be part of why he’s cooled down. Although he also said that it’s opened up looks for his teammates, so he’s happy, so long as somebody is scoring the goals and they’re winning, even if he’s becoming more of a decoy to draw defenders.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Could he be our future bertuzzi?

I think middle 6 is his absolute up side with bottom 6 probably more likely. But if he can be something like a PP2, bottom 6, Tomas Holmstrom-lite type player for us, we're LAUGHING. Anything over that is pure gravy. 

• Vintage 3

52 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I would really hate to see this guy goto the Kraken. Hopefully there’s a plan in place there.

Congrats to Gadj on a helluva season so far 

Benning’s plan is to protect Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel, Sutter, Vesey, Highmore, Hawrilyuk, Boyd, and expose Gadjovich, Lind, Lockwood and so on - it is all part of a cunning plan, m’lord.

• RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, Dannydog said:

Could he be our future bertuzzi?

I'd be shocked if he becomes more than a middle six tweener, and that'd be great for a second round pick. 

But then again.. I really, really, really hate the Todd Bertuzzi comparison Nucks fans tend to make about large guys with skill. Bertuzzi was a rare player at his peak, we've seen very few players like that in the league since. The game's also changed, nobody would get away with the nastiness Bert got away with back in the day. Top end power forwards are extremely rare. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Personally, if it comes down to a decision between exposing Lind and Gadjovich in the expansion draft, I would lean toward exposing Lind.  This is simply because impactful power forwards are so hard to come by and so valuable when you find them.  Gadjovich has the potential to become this in the future and Lind, regardless of his own potential, doesn't.

25 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Personally, if it comes down to a decision between exposing Lind and Gadjovich in the expansion draft, I would lean toward exposing Lind.  This is simply because impactful power forwards are so hard to come by and so valuable when you find them.  Gadjovich has the potential to become this in the future and Lind, regardless of his own potential, doesn't.

If we lose either of Gadgy or Lind?

I would suggest we came through expansion practically unscathed. A win!

Neither are game breaking talent?