The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Source??

They flashed it on screen in the 2nd intermission, that they are recalling him with Virtanen on leave and Motte injured.

Don't hold me to it, I haven't seen it posted anywhere else, but it makes a lot of sense to pull him up. Even if its just to practice with the Canucks. I think they would want to get a better idea of how he looks against full NHL players, going into the summer.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

They flashed it on screen in the 2nd intermission, that they are recalling him with Virtanen on leave and Motte injured.

Don't hold me to it, I haven't seen it posted anywhere else, but it makes a lot of sense to pull him up. Even if its just to practice with the Canucks. I think they would want to get a better idea of how he looks against full NHL players, going into the summer.

It has now been posted by Vintage. He was recalled this morning and already quarantining.  He would be good to go next Saturday which means up to 8 games audition.

I really hope that his recent success isn’t just due to the AHL being terrible this year with so many players on taxi squads.

The good thing and Gadjovich is that he doesn’t have to be a top 6 guy and his game translates into a bottom 6 role.  That lets him get his feet wet and still contribute in limited minutes.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 3

20 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I actually can't contain my excitement right now! :wub: I think that Gadj and Lind are both going to be protected in the expansion draft.

Well it Gadjovich comes up and plays well, he should be.... and then that will make the Pearson signing even dumber.

I don’t know if Gadjovich will really be an NHLer, but if he can become that, he has a skill set this teams completely lacks at the moment.

It would be a shame to lose him because we chose to sign a vanilla middle 6 winger before the expansion draft for no particular reason when we could have signed him the day after.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Habs now 14 points ahead with 6 games left. If they go 3-3 we'd have to go 10-1 in the last 11 games. Safe to say we're out now.

Time to play them kids.

According to Green, he is not going to ‘just play them’. But Benning keeps bringing in young players to sit around wasting development time. Maybe Benning should talk to Green and tell him what his job is after Green has failed at coaching this team. In response, Green can tell Benning that the reason the team is so bad is because they lost key players through cap mismanagement and bad trades. Then they can go and complain to ownership that they didn’t get a fair chance to waste ownership money and the team’s cap space. 

9 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

According to Green, he is not going to ‘just play them’. But Benning keeps bringing in young players to sit around wasting development time. Maybe Benning should talk to Green and tell him what his job is after Green has failed at coaching this team. In response, Green can tell Benning that the reason the team is so bad is because they lost key players through cap mismanagement and bad trades. Then they can go and complain to ownership that they didn’t get a fair chance to waste ownership money and the team’s cap space. 

The only guy you can argue we 'lost because of cap' is Toffoli.

And I question how much we 'lost' given he and Boeser were almost never in the lineup together. 

The biggest issues this team has had this season, was that all the new guys got no preseason and almost zero practice time to get the first month and then they got Covid (with yet another awful, compressed schedule following). 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The only guy you can argue we 'lost because of cap' is Toffoli.

And I question how much we 'lost' given he and Boeser were almost never in the lineup together. 

The biggest issues this team has had this season, was that all the new guys got no preseason and almost zero practice time to get the first month and then they got Covid (with yet another awful, compressed schedule following). 

So, we didn’t lose Markstrom, Tanev, Stetcher, Leivo, and you seem to be dismissing the fact that Tofolli is Montreal’s top scorer with 27 goals and 40 points. That is more points than any a Canuck player, and more goals by ten - that is not an insignificant loss, that is a crucial, critical loss - the kind of loss that puts enormous pressure on the remains right wingers, made all the worse by the fact that it leaves Boeser as the only significant RW scorer. That makes Vancouver easy to neutralize.

He'll probably slot in on our 3rd line but if Gadjovich is scoring that many goals in the AHL, he might be worthy of a top-6 spot and become the player Virtanen never did. This is why you take size and toughness with later picks - they can learn and develop offensive skills, and it looks like Gadj has. He had a brutal first few years offensively but is exploding right now so we have to hope it translates into the NHL.

Let's see what he can do and how he'll fit in the NHL, expectations have to be kept low and consider him as a gritty 3rd line winger, but watch-out if he starts scoring some goals...

3 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I hope he and Rathbone actually get to play and not just spend the next 2 1/2 weeks on the taxi squad.

Sadly, I think the Canucks will lose most of their remaining games; ending what will be considered the most miserable hockey season they have ever experienced.  These games will be tough slogging for them, but there will be the occasional breath of fresh air when some youngsters start strutting their stuff.  Lind has been holding his own so far, and I think Rathbone will be a nice surprise as well. Perhaps Gadjovich will prove to be a keeper and I still think Jasek is a long shot to replace Beagle.

If 2 of these players can make the team next season, while the other 2 are legitimate call-ups, it would certainly make this season a productive one after all.  I can see the Nucks picking a top 5 player in the draft and we have Podz to look forward to.

The offseason will be telling, as the management have to find ways to thin out the vets.  Somehow, they must unload contracts and free up cap space.  Loui, Roussel, Virtanen will be retired, traded or bought out, the borderline players will not be re-signed; nor will ufa vets re-signed unless the contracts are low in $ and term.

The young players are the future of our team.  They should be given all the support they need to show what they can do in the NHL.  The losses will be grim, but there may be a few silver linings along the way.

• Cheers 2

On 5/2/2021 at 7:45 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Leivo is a bench warmer.  Averages the same amount of minutes as Hawryluk.  Stecher was scratched from one of the worst defences in the NHL. Demko is going to be a star, we didn’t need Markstrom. Hamonic is better than Tanev. Toffoli is having a once in a lifetime year. Let’s see what he does next year when he has to play the top teams in the league. 

This. I believe Toffoli doesn't even score 25 next year. Call me crazy