The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

7 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

How did Gadj do last night?? I missed the game....  good enough to challenge Big Z-Mac for next season??

Z-Mac has been a disappointment... he used to use a lot more speed and physicality but has been mostly invisible this season! I think JB should pick up another big physical body this offseason to provide more competition! 

He was ok.   Had a huge defensive gaffe on an own end cross ice pass that was picked off and scored on.  A couple of hits. A 2/5/10  for "instigating" a fight on a cheap takedown of Highmore.  Didn't p ay in the 3rd after he came out of the box, but only one shift in the 3rd for Hawryluk and Zack as well.

Was interviewed post game and felt he had done all right.  Wanted his pass back, but said he felt comfortable

Edited by Googlie
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He was ok.   Had a huge defensive gaffe on an own end cross ice pass that was picked off and scored on.  A couple of hits. A 2/5/10  for "instigating" a fight on a cheap takedown of Highmore.  Didn't p ay in the 3rd after he came out of the box, but only one shift in the 3rd for Hawryluk and Zack as well.

Was interviewed post game and felt he had done all right.  Wanted his pass back, but said he felt comfortable

Cool, thanks bud!! he and Lind should be given the next 2 games to get acclimated to the NHL... sucks that Podz can't join for a few games but good for canucks to get 3 full seasons out of his ELC!! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

So, who hired Weisbrod? Who does Weisbrod answer to?

Sorry what are we talking about, cap management in relation to Jonah getting in the lineup?  

You realize that it’s got nothing to do with cap management right? 

OMG, Can't believe we never dressed Gadjovich and Lind today????? Need to play these 2 rookie forwards tomorrow..

Vesey -- We have seen enough ? Wouldn't resign -- 

Hawryluk -- Last minute if resign

Michaelis -  only sign if 2 way contract

Boyd-- Maybe 2 way contract?

Graovac 6'5 resign 2 way contract.

Bailey 6'4  resign 2 way deal

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, wildcam said:

OMG, Can't believe we never dressed Gadjovich and Lind today????? Need to play these 2 rookie forwards tomorrow..

Agreed.  I think Gads might have hurt his hand face punching that Flame guy?  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  I think Gads might have hurt his hand face punching that Flame guy?  

Either that or because Seattle scouts had applied for accreditation to attend the game and JB wanted to hide him from view

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Having our AHL team in the Valley will be huge, basically creates a taxi squad for us.  I think we have 5 or 6 prospects who can slot into 1 or 2 bottom 6 roles next year.  Being able to cycle these guys through the lineup without having to sit them in the press box.  Moving our AHL squad is a huge move for developing some of these younger guys.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, wildcam said:

Has it ever occurred to any one that maybe players would prefer to sign else where. Not only do we see the chaos within the Canucks but so do players and agents. Listening to Cory Schneiders he mentioned this aspect, players only want to sign with a team that can help their own careers .... does that include Vcr ?  I doubt it, Green still hanging waiting, Clark likely gone, despite pleas from the goalie, and rampant failure within the league standings. These are players with a limited career length they got to make the right move or suffer the consequences

On 5/17/2021 at 3:46 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

If he is the one charged with managing the cap perhaps JB fires him to save his own bacon. It is going to be an interesting off season for sure.

Would love to see Weisbrod shown the door...does anyone know what he does other than sits with Benji at the draft table?

FYI, Canucks' capologist is AGM Chris Gear who is supported by Sr. Director Hockey Ops and Analytics guy Jonathan Wall (https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-promote-chris-gear-to-assistant-general-manager).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I live in the Seattle metro market, so I watch for Kraken info on local news, and websites. There's a website that has been doing mock EDs every couple of months. In the first one they picked Holtby, in the second they look Jake, then Holtby again. In the last mock draft, they took Gadg.  You could have knocked me over with a feather, as it was I'vebeen fearing. I think if I'm JB, I expose Motte (as much as I love him, health wise he's a long term risk) and protect Gadg, who is younger and I think has more overall upside. Gadj is potentially player that JB thought Jake would become.

I would have to agree 100%.  And now that we have had an extended look at MacEwen, I would definitely protect Gadjovich over him as well.  Gadj  has better scoring potential and may just even be a better fighter.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I would have to agree 100%.  And now that we have had an extended look at MacEwen, I would definitely protect Gadjovich over him as well.  Gadj  has better scoring potential and may just even be a better fighter.

To be honest I hope MacEwen Is gone this year. I'm not impressed with his play at all. He's not good at the hockey part at all.

• Like 1

I just watched all of Gadjovich's videos on Hockeyfights.com and I can confirm that he is a better fighter!  In fact, there wasn't a single fight that he clearly lost and he definitely won most of them.  He's a very intense and enthusiastic fighter when he's challenged or sticking up for a teammate; something that we haven't had for awhile.  Combine that with his history of being a prolific goal scorer at every level he's played at so far and his future looks promising.  I just hope the Benning doesn't think that he has to protect Motte over Gadjovich because of what a good character guy Motte is and how well-liked he probably is in the dressing room. I'm pretty sure that if he lets Gadjovich go, he'll eventually regret it big time.

6 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

To be honest I hope MacEwen Is gone this year. I'm not impressed with his play at all. He's not good at the hockey part at all.

Here's the rub, if you get a big tough guy that can also score goals they cost around $5-6 million. MacEwen is a fourth line costing maybe a million

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Here's the rub, if you get a big tough guy that can also score goals they cost around $5-6 million. MacEwen is a fourth line costing maybe a million

Agree it would be awesome to have both Mac and Gadj on the roster but they both need to take at least one more step to be everyday NHL players.

Seattle taking Holtby would be ideal, but losing Mac or even Motte is not too bad either considering the protection rules. Not sure Motte makes sense for Seattle though. My feeling is they will build slower but be better for a longer time vs Vegas who I think are at peak level now.

That said Motte's contract is a bargain for what he brings when healthy. I don't think JB will expose him, although he should imo, so might be a moot point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Seattle taking Highmore makes most sense for them. One year left until RFA on a cheap ELC, speedy versatile winger who can play both sides, has played 91 NHL games

If Seattle picks Highmore I might not be able to stop laughing. If thats all they get from us we'll be lucky, it makes Vegas taking Sbisa look painful. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Seattle picks Highmore I might not be able to stop laughing. If thats all they get from us we'll be lucky, it makes Vegas taking Sbisa look painful. 

It does make sense for Seattle to pick up a few players/contracts like Highmore, but I'm thinking they will find them as FA. If not, or if they don't like our other options, we can only hope... Really hope Gadj is not exposed though as him or Lind makes even more sense for Seattle IMO.