The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

I'm pretty stoked to see Gadjovich next year. I feel like he's the type of guy that could really spice up our PP. Brocks shot is being wasted playing net front. Getting Brock's shot back with Dadjovich in front taking care of Pete and BB9's trash just makes too much sense it hurts.

Play him on the 4th line and just insert him every once n a while on an O zone faceoff. 

• Cheers 1

On 5/25/2021 at 9:24 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

from a pure asset pov, Seattle taking JG is best since we got that pick for free by losing Tort's. If I had a choice, I'd lose Mac out of that list. I think Graovac is a little more useful than Mac, outside of fighting. 

I can't see us exposing Motte, he's just too good on the PK.

Yeah. No way that Motte gets exposed. He’s so good on the PK, and he’s such an elite fourth line guy. He hustles, and puts his body on the line. Why would the organization leave him exposed? If he’s there, Seattle takes him without &^@#ing question

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm pretty stoked to see Gadjovich next year. I feel like he's the type of guy that could really spice up our PP. Brocks shot is being wasted playing net front. Getting Brock's shot back with Dadjovich in front taking care of Pete and BB9's trash just makes too much sense it hurts.

Play him on the 4th line and just insert him every once n a while on an O zone faceoff. 

Gadjovich I think is still a long shot to make the big club. I think he most likely starts in Abby. And his skating is still quite a serious issue apparently. So unless he works on that and gets quicker, like, much quicker, I see him as a call up to fill in for injuries maybe

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. No way that Motte gets exposed. He’s so good on the PK, and he’s such an elite fourth line guy. He hustles, and puts his body on the line. Why would the organization leave him exposed? If he’s there, Seattle takes him without &^@#ing question

with 30 picks in the draft 

I bet Seattle can find 6 other players just as good as Motte on PK

.and he has health issues

• Cheers 2

I think Seattle will take MacEwen  or Lind ....Maybe they will leave Myers and 6 million unprotected? that would shock some people?

Protect -- Petey, Horvat , Boesers, Miller, Motte, Pearson -- Scmidt, Myers, Juolevi -- Demko

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I think Seattle will take MacEwen  or Lind ....Maybe they will leave Myers and 6 million unprotected? that would shock some people?

Protect -- Petey, Horvat , Boesers, Miller, Motte, Pearson -- Scmidt, Myers, Juolevi -- Demko

This won't happen (or seriously better not), because of this:

1 hour ago, lmm said:

And because of the major discrepancy in future potential between Lind and Motte.

On 6/13/2021 at 7:07 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

F**k sakes expose TP & Motter, if necc. Don't fritter away young pieces at the ED

Tanner Pearson and Motte exposed? No thanks. Do We want a competitive team?

What young pieces? Non NHL prospects that may or may not be NHL regulars?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 6/13/2021 at 7:29 PM, lmm said:

Motte is found money for Canucks. And they give him for nothing? Not a chance.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/13/2021 at 8:34 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

This won't happen (or seriously better not), because of this:

And because of the major discrepancy in future potential between Lind and Motte.

We are hoping and praying that Lind turns into a Motte?  If you're hopeful that some of Lind's scoring translates to the NHL then all the power to you.  I hope it happens but Motte was pretty far ahead of Lind when he was 22.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, AbrasiveAjax said:

Tanner Pearson and Motte exposed? No thanks. Do We want a competitive team?

What young pieces? Non NHL prospects that may or may not be NHL regulars?

I think Pearson has protection in his new deal for this expansion draft..

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, Dazzle said:

Motte is found money for Canucks. And they give him for nothing? Not a chance.

Motte - If given ice 15 mins GP 75 - G 18 -20 -- PTS 35--42 ----Never played 3rd line..Look at Pearson 15 min , 2nd line  - GP 51 - G 10 -18 PTS

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I thought he did hmm

It was rumoured/reported Jim had given him his word that he’d be protected in the expansion draft but I don’t believe any such formal stipulation exists in his contract. 

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/13/2021 at 7:07 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

F**k sakes expose TP & Motter, if necc. Don't fritter away young pieces at the ED

Agreed. Neither player is so vastly important to the team. Motte is probably the most overrated player on the team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Re: Loui Eriksson.

Don't buy him out. Eat the salary. Talk to Dallas and offer them a seventh round pick to take Loui to assign to Texas of the AHL.

Why? As far as I know, Loui's rather massive family still lives in Texas from when he played for the Stars. Vancouver is rid of Loui and, most important, he isn't hanging around Abbotsford, which is where we'd like our prospects to develop free from having to play with a guy who is only there for the paycheque. Who wins? Dallas, Loui.,Vancouver (though they'd have to pay him) and Abbotsford. A win-win-win-win situation.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I'm here all week.